SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whatever happened to Ross Perot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Whatever happened to Ross Perot? Reply with quote

Wasn't he supposed to be a defender of vets? He's been involved in the last three campaigns, throwing the first 2 to Clinton. He endorsed Bush in the last election. I figured it was on character issues.

He could counter Soros if he wanted to.

Anyone heard anything out of him?
Cazador
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Now, you people" Wink

Good question though. Where's Ross?

Cazador
What about the 180?
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love Ross Perot. One thing that has always stuck with me was when one of my friends took me through Highland Park and showed me his house, every house throughout Highland Park was gated off and security all over the place and then I see this nice 2 story house on a good 1.5 acre plot no fences no trees to obstruct the view just there for all to see with no security in sight. Huge front lawn of beautiful green grass with a nice house set in back with no pretention. And I told my firend at the time "so this is the little paranoid generals palatial palace?" I will never forget the feeling I had from seeing where he lived compared to the people who lived near him and that which was said in the media. I told my friend Perots neighbors are the paranoid types with all their gates and cameras and look at perot the only house on the block with nothing. My friend who lived in neighboring Univeristy Park commented well thats because everyone knows don't mess with perot so he doesn't need gates and cameras, but make no mistake hes got soldiers in there that will pop out if you goto his house. I was like your so full of crap and that sounds like a BS urban legend. So I told my friend I would go up there and ring the bell. After coming back to my friend and telling him a maid answered the door and said Mr. Perot isn't home right now he got the point he had no bogey men guarding the non-secure estate. I realized at that moment Perot was just as ordinary as anyone else that was self-made and created a lot of money but understood their roots. Perot pissed off a lot of Republicans but I love the man. He is a common man in soo many ways and even though it causes division within my family in a political sense, noone can ever argue his self-less trip to see his EDS employees in Iran and the follow up extraction of them. Never in the history of our country has a company leader handled a geo-political hostage situation the way Perot did and to be quite frank he pissed a lot of wanna be political leaders off by handling what any normal good American would dream of doing but in their mind should be left to the politician.

My friend was right in one sense. Everyone knew not to mess with Perot, but it wasn't because of bogey men rather it was because Perot is a great man.

Last edited by GenrXr on Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perot was a great man.

ahem.....IS a great man. Wink
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ahem.....IS a great man.

Thanks Jungle_rat,

Good Correction.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Jungle_rat,

Ha!

I voted for Ross and was a campaign volunteer for him in New Mexico.

But am still kicking myself for throwing the election to Clinton.

Political outsiders don't have a chance in this country....but maybe the SBVT can prove that wrong. Sure wish there was a way to parlay this movement into something lasting. If the SBVT wants to take it there, they'll have a LOT of supporters.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I voted for Ross and was a campaign volunteer for him in New Mexico.

But am still kicking myself for throwing the election to Clinton

Always vote your conscience...
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Mr. Perot or one of his people is watching these issues with great interest.

What a great addition it would be to have a gazzilionaire countering Soros and and all that garbage...

But Perot is a wise man, and likely watches results and can see that Swiftees have Truth on their side and what it is doing to the Kerry Kamp.
At this point in time, throwing in his financial support "doesn't make sense." (he used to say that all the time, remember? lol)

SOTG
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perot gave up on politics but, it is important we all remember his contribution as a warrior of truth. When Perot was involved in Politics there were no sacred cows, he was a great man.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He imploded with the VC storming his house....he ended up getting Clinton
elected...but I like him also...he as Hannity would say, a great American..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: