SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would it be censorship to ban the Kerry Propgandists here?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hen3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Would it be censorship to ban the Kerry Propgandists here? Reply with quote

I have been reading through the threads and it seems as if Kerry/the DNC has several plants here whose sole purpose is to undermine the truth, spew liberal talking points and muddy the waters. In virtually every topic they have injected their poisonous rhetoric in the hopes of discrediting the SVT.

I'm pretty sick of them and their tiresome tactics and I think it's time someone stood up to them and did what was right.

I am no fan of censorship, but these people are here for the sole purpose of disrupting the flow of information from those who know what went on to those who are interested in learning the truth.

To allow these people to remain as members of this forum severely impedes the core mission of the SVT and this site.

I for one would like to see these disinformation peddlers banned from this forum and their subversive posts removed from public view.

Henry
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has never been a promoter of censorship who didn't think doing so was ultimately serving the truth and didn't use arguments similar to the above.

If you *truly* believed that your position can be defended without suppressing the opposing view, you wouldn't consider it necessary to censor. You'd instead offer links, reason, and honest persuasion.

I abhor all censorship and as long as the discourse here is civil, I can only hope that the Swiftvets won't turn this into some totalitarian agreement session. Besides being boring, level-headed voters who could here would quickly see an engineered dialogue.

Something tells me someone is keeping a record of all the posts here to preserve them in case the administrator does indeed crack down on honest and fair discussion.

If I'd made your call for censorship, Navy_Navy_Navy would have said "Looks like you're running scared!"
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Censorship is truly a function of the government.

If the federal government opted to close out the voices of opposition, I'd be the first to protest it.

As it is, this is a privately-owned web site.

I'm the owner or moderator on several other forums - most not politically oriented. What I want on my board stays. What I don't want goes. I pay the piper, I get to call the music.

Kerry's campaign is being given plenty of airtime, ink and space. There are plenty of places on the web where Kerry-ites can post their drivel.

Personally, I'd rather they not have the opportunity to repeat their lies and innuendo here.

Why should SBVFT be forced to pay for bandwidth for Kerry propaganda?

Some sites exist only to give voice to those who AREN'T being heard in our partisan press - the voices against John Kerry.

Not a matter of "running scared," oh sparky one. Just a matter of free speech.

Oops, I forgot - only Kerry supporters are allowed free speech on the internet. Rolling Eyes

Anti-Kerry boards should be invaded and trashed and trolled with nonsense... as publicly advocated by ** and f***edcompany.com Rolling Eyes
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

If the federal government opted to close out the voices of opposition, I'd be the first to protest it.

I'm the owner or moderator on several other forums - most not politically oriented. What I want on my board stays. What I don't want goes. I pay the piper, I get to call the music.

Kerry's campaign is being given plenty of airtime, ink and space. There are plenty of places on the web where Kerry-ites can post their drivel.

Personally, I'd rather they not have the opportunity to repeat their lies and innuendo here.

Some sites exist only to give voice to those who AREN'T being heard in our partisan press - the voices against John Kerry.

Oops, I forgot - only Kerry supporters are allowed free speech on the internet. Rolling Eyes

Anti-Kerry boards should be invaded and trashed and trolled with nonsense... as publicly advocated by ** and f***edcompany.com Rolling Eyes

No one is preventing you from speakng, are they? If so, let me know. I will personally tell them they are anti-American swine.

Otherwise, stop whining.

We are not going to let you folks lie about John Kerry without setting the record straight.

So you might as well get used to it.
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Censorship Reply with quote

Very good topic.

The truth is important and civil conversation is the goal. A vast majority of the people who visit this website are interested in setting the record straight regarding Kerry's military record - thus many of the posts are regarding the topic of Kerry's military record.

Is there censorship in this forum? Of course there is. Foul language and personal attacks between members will not be tolerated. All other conversation is allowed.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hesiod wrote:
No one is preventing you from speakng, are they? If so, let me know. I will personally tell them they are anti-American swine.

Otherwise, stop whining.

Who's whining? I stated an opinion.

Quote:
We are not going to let you folks lie about John Kerry without setting the record straight.

We are not going to let you folks lie about John F'n Kerry without setting the record straight.

So you might as well get used to it. Wink
SOnioins
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the exact problem we face every election year. The DNC says one thing and the GOP says another and the GDI's say a third. Everyone of them take was is shown, said, and heard and think it is gospel.

I for one would love to see every political election have full public discloser on everything from tax records to ALL military records.

I have heard alot of the liberals and the conservitives spouting off bile following their parties rhetoric and most people are missing the point to what this group is trying to do.....and that is to have the military record of John Kerry made public. I feel the same thing needs to happen for Mr. Bush also (just so we can stop hearing about how he was AWOL from the Gaurd when that was address in the first election) But more so for Kerry since he is telling everyone that he is a huge Viet Nam war hero and most of the Vets I know are scared as hell of him.
JC_Christian
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Censoring the Kerry supporters Reply with quote

I'm new, but I see nothing wrong with censoring these traitors. Hopefully, it won't be too long before we're jailing them. We would't be worrying about whether we'll be able to continue what's been acomplished economically and militarily if it wasn't for them.

Gen. JC Christian, patriot
http://patriotboy.blogspot.com
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOnioins wrote:
This is the exact problem we face every election year. The DNC says one thing and the GOP says another and the GDI's say a third. Everyone of them take was is shown, said, and heard and think it is gospel.

I for one would love to see every political election have full public discloser on everything from tax records to ALL military records.

I have heard alot of the liberals and the conservitives spouting off bile following their parties rhetoric and most people are missing the point to what this group is trying to do.....and that is to have the military record of John Kerry made public. I feel the same thing needs to happen for Mr. Bush also (just so we can stop hearing about how he was AWOL from the Gaurd when that was address in the first election) But more so for Kerry since he is telling everyone that he is a huge Viet Nam war hero and most of the Vets I know are scared as hell of him.

John Kerry did make his records public. He even posted them on his campaign website where anyone can read them if they want to.

Bush, so far, hasn't done the same thing.

I can't quite figure out why people keep claiming Kerry hasn't put hundreds of pages of his own files online.

It can't be because people are LYING, now can it?

Of course, they will claim that he hasn't released "everything." But, they'd say that even if he has already done so. You can't prove a negative. And sure as shootin' the Bush-controlled Navy isn't going to help Kerry out.

More to the point, Kerry's records back up every single claim he's made about his service in Vietnam. Every one.
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Hesiod wrote:

Otherwise, stop whining.

Who's whining? I stated an opinion.

Quote:

We are not going to let you folks lie about John F'n Kerry without setting the record straight.

So you might as well get used to it. Wink

Good. Keep me honest. Of course, since I'm not the one lying about Kerry's record, I'm not the least bit worried.
SOnioins
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hesiod.

You must have missed the "ALL" in my post. Up to and including medical records. I feel that everyone running for office should have an accountabilitiy to the people who they are trying to get votes.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush hasn't released all his records?! I feel that Kerry has the right to withhold his medical history. What makes you think this shouldn't be private? Besides, the only reason this is of issue, is that it relates to a comparision of candidates for the oval office. So Kerry hasn't shown "ALL" his records. Bush hasn't shown nearly half as much. As though it mattered... Baby Bush has something to hide, and Kerry has deflect the GOP $lime machine (under the auspices of which I am probably posting on this site).

Quote:
A vast majority of the people who visit this website are interested in setting the record straight regarding Kerry's military record - thus many of the posts are regarding the topic of Kerry's military record.
Craig

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Post subject: Would it be censorship to ban the Kerry Propg Reply with quote

Someone mentioned about if anyone was making record. I have downloaded three pages of censored. One was that I had asked why anothers question of why they were censored was deleted.
Another I had posted something that I thought to be way less flame inviting than what I have seen here right now - but maybe some of the caustic insults will be deleted when the administrator becomes aware of them.
I dunno. In my post that was deleted I'd said that I did not think all that highly of Kerry but I thought less highly of folks who would
Well here - this is what I said that was deleted and I expect to be deleted again:
"While I do not think all that highly of Kerry I do think even less highly of folks who will grab onto every rumor and slander that they hear to pass on.
I'm one to think that folks do not believe in their cause so well if they cannot defend it honestly."
But maybe I can post and make record of the page before the administrator deletes it again. Wink
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

John O'Neill gave a televised press conference at which he announced the name of this website, and invited anyone who was interested to visit.

I guess he meant only those who agree with your agenda should bother.
Hen3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Looks like this is just another Kerry propaganda website. Reply with quote

Sorry SVT, I guess it isn't possible to keep your forum from being used as Kerry Campaign website.

I won't waste my time visiting anymore seeing as I can't find out any truth here without being subjected to 4x as many lies or Kerry talking points in the process.

Henry
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: