SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"LETS ROLL"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: "LETS ROLL" Reply with quote

The high fives we keep giving each other feel really good...........

......right up until I turn on the television and listen to the majority of the news outlets.

Not everyone listens to the almost fair Fox News Channel. Nor do they sit on the edges of their seats waiting for little morsels of truth that are buried in the pile of manure served up by the evil news empires.

What is my point? It is time to get off our chairs and spend less time staring at the computer screens with stupid little grins on our face because somebody just posted something that made us feel like the major news networks are about to break the real truth. It hasnt happened today, and it IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TOMMORROW!!!

I am thankful this site exists. The moderators have their hands full and have performed above and beyond the call.

I wish it demanded its supporters to get out and get the word out. Not a general go get em tiger kind of statement, but a SPECIFIC PLAN including fliers, local newspaper ads, billboards, local television commercials, and local radio ads ESPECIALLY IN SWING STATES.

We can run our own ads. We can quote the swiftboat veterans as a credible source and recommend they go to swiftvets.com to find out the truth about our claims. This will not put swiftees in danger.

WE BOLDLY MAKE CLAIMS and merely use swiftvets.com as our reference for the truth.

If you are interested in going out and getting dirty for the future of your country then email me at:

forgivenjojo@yahoo.com

I carried a rifle in the Air Force. Today I am armed with the truth.

Thank you and God Bless!

Jody in Texas

[/b]
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to strongly discourage anyone from attaching the Swifts' name to ANYTHING.

That one type of flier in a campaign office in FL could have caused a lot of hurt.

Please get permission to use the Swifts' name from media@swiftvets.com before you put up any poster, flier, etc.

This board cannot be used for organizing events which are not sanctioned by Swifts.

Thank you,
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not talking about making new detailed claims or using opinions posted on this site. I am talking about shouting out simple truths summed up in short phrases that already exist and are supported by this site. SUCH AS: information that is made public under the "FAQ" section.

Our unspoken motto should be: SHOUT, QUOTE, and REFER!

Shout.... ....the truth.
Quote....... the Swift Boat Veterans
Refer ........the unimformed to swiftvets.com for verification

Our WARCRY will be: "Why wont you fill out the FORM 180"?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgivenjojo,

I for one would like to defend the "armchair" warriors here. Together we can fisk and post analysis of breaking news literally within minutes. I point to NavyChief's analysis as something that simply would not have been possible pre-internet (not to malign the chief's skills...but he would not have had the needed raw data or the oversight). It also lets us react faster and get our points out to other forums quickly.

In addition, did you notice how sluggish the board was today? That's curious people that want to know more....and don't think that a lot of mainstream reporters aren't lurking here too getting new ideas. In short, I think that the coversations we do here are a lot more productive than mere "backslapping". Otherwise I endorse what navy_navy_navy said. It's great to be dedicated, but we can not afford to shred our credibility.

Truth is Beauty
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Polaris said.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Polaris, what happens on this board has to support the Swifts, above all else - the Swifts' message comes first.

There is a plan at work and it's working pretty darn well for a bunch of non-politicians who came together and founded a grassroots movement. Wink It's taken off like a brushfire in August...

And I don't want to squash anyone's enthusiasm, I just want to remind people that there is a chain of command in effect here and for anything more than a URL, you should probably run it by media@swiftvets.com for approval.

For instance, if you're printing fliers, maybe media will want you to put a disclaimer in them that they were printed at your expense and not endorsed by the 527 SBVFT PAC or something. I really don't know. Media will, though. Smile

I am very glad to see the enthusiasm. I am so happy to see the stories debunked or fisked. All of us appreciate all the efforts that all of you make and have made. Some significant things have come out of your work.

For instance, I have no doubt that your letter-writing campaigns have changed the Swift's from the red-headed stepchild to the heir-apparent in some of the MSM.

I hope to see this kind of thing continue, because I really like all the interactions, here. (Even though I don't get around to commenting on them all, I do try to read EVERYTHING that gets posted here, every day.)

Keep on keeping on, but always keep the message of the Swifts' front and center.

Thanks to ALL of you!
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, we are living and breathing this stuff. I said WE. Not the majority of the American people. Do you know that there is a very large group of Americans that do not care about lying politicians? They want their boy in there regardless of his deeds. These kinds of voters do not care about moraility, they are driven by the beast.

I am willing to bet that MOST Americans can tell you all about the Michael Jackson, Amber Frey, Scott and Laci Peterson. HOWEVER, I know from personal experience that some are not even aware. Most dont know enough to make a judgement call. ALot believe the left wing lies. Alot of people are not even on the internet.

Fighting this battle ONLY from our chairs and hoping the media is going to come through for us is going to hand us defeat. George Bush could still get elected and we can still lose. If the truth is absolutely not made known and clear, then our Commander in Chief will be accused of once again stealing the election and the foreign little bastards across the pond will claim to have good reason for not standing behind us.

REMEMBER ALL, we are in WORLD WAR THREE. I am not supporting this site because I give a crap about what John Kerry did 30 years ago. I am supporting this site because I dont want him to s_ _t on me, my family and the rest of America. He is a weak, opportunistic liar and should be jailed in a colored jumpsuit; not running for office.

Our goal must be clear. Our victory must be defined by what the American public is left with believing.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I would like to strongly discourage anyone from attaching the Swifts' name to ANYTHING.

That one type of flier in a campaign office in FL could have caused a lot of hurt.

Please get permission to use the Swifts' name from media@swiftvets.com before you put up any poster, flier, etc.

This board cannot be used for organizing events which are not sanctioned by Swifts.

Thank you,

I totally agree with N3. If you write or forward a post form this forum, do it for who you are, an individual supporter of our cause. Not as a representative of the organization !.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to Polaris too.

I just received two copies of Unfit for Command today. When I ran into one of the vets in our office in the elevator a couple of weeks ago I asked him if he had heard of the swiftvets. He had, but he had a look on his face of skepticism. I told him that I had seen Oneill in debate and these guys are the real deal. His eyes lit up a bit. I told him I would let him read my copy of unfit and he was real interested. But I decided to go ahead and buy a copy to let him have and give to his vet buddies to read.

This kind of effort is fairly painless but I think can be effective in mass doses. Remember, so many people would rather just go on with their lives than pay attention to what is going on. A little nudge in the right direction by us is bound to help a lot.

Zell Miller
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Thank you,

Also SBVFT needs to be aware of dirty tricks potential that the Democrats might use to try to discredit the swifts.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we ARE AGAINST massive truth awareness distribution.

(Fliers, Newspaper ads, local radio and television commercials)

But we ARE FOR little nudges here and there.

Hmmmm. What is John Kerry more afraid of?

Little nudges.......or

Massive truth awareness distibution.

The sad truth for alot of Americans is that what they hear the most of is what they determine to be truth.

Why do you think John Kerry is constantly BOLDLY claiming that George Bush is behind these ads? He doesnt care if it is true or not. He just wants to get elected. He understands that if he continues to shout it loud and long enough it will be accepted as truth. He has news cameras all around him to reach the multitudes x multitudes more than we are currently reaching.

So okay, little nudges it is.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, jojo, you're going to have to show me what would lead you to this conclusion, because frankly.... I'm lost. Question
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy, Navy, Navy

Have you quoted newspaper articles, editors, news anchors, talk show hosts lately? as support for your claims?
BillB
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Msg. to Bill O'Reillly, Fox News Reply with quote

I sent the following to him last evening (is this the kind of action
you are seeking ?)

You said on tonight's show that the Vets have no documentation to disprove Kerry's version of events
in Vietnam. I have always understood that eyewitness testimony was accepted in Courts. Let me quote
briefly from a review of "Unfit For Command" (the group's core case presentation):

"The book very compellingly and succinctly makes their case. This isn’t a book which deals with innuendo and rumor.
It is meticulously researched and footnoted. It uses direct quotes which were obtained in signed and notarized
affidavits
. In short, it is a documented indictment of John Kerry’s perfidy. More importantly, it’s a documentation of his
lack of honor."

William H. Becker, Daytona Beach, FL 32117 (Read the "Book", Mr. O'Reillly. It's a #1 bestseller)
Navy Vet (June '44 - July '46). Army Vet (after G.I. Bill Univ. and ROTC) and in Korea near end of that conflict.

PS: Thanks for agreeing that Kerry's behavior in 1971 Senate testimony was disgraceful, at the very least.
Inactive Reserve (July '46 - Aug. '51)
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgivenjojo,

Your heart is in the right place, but you may underestimate the power of the internet in these matters.
Along with the book and Swiftees' appearances on TV and radio, look what has been accomplished!
Polls are swinging enough for Kerry to actually have to call on the President of The United States to call off the dogs... The only problem with that stategy is the DOGS BELONG TO THE SWIFTEES.
Be there for them, support them, use the facts learned through them, but we must not speak FOR them... A well-meaning, but tiny misquote attributed to this fine group is what the Kerry Kamp is hunting for at this point. Let's follow their lead - the word is getting out.

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: