SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday Reply with quote

I think Kerry has one good move left, I think he will apologize Tuesday for hurting the feelings of Veterans with this comments. It will be a hallow apology to be sure.

After that Kerry and his Media Cronies will spin it this way.

1. Kerry has apologized
2. It was many years ago,
3. The records show he served
4. Lets all just move on now and talk to the issues facing the country.

And with that the media will work overtime in winding down the Swift Vet story.

Every time it comes up, they will say he apologized what else do you want from him? They will say the issues will never be solved or resolved. They will ignore items show conclusively like Cambodia.

----------------

I think this is his best and only move, tactically.
I am not saying this is good enough, I am saying this on the chess board is his best move.

If he does not play it tomorrow, the opportunity will be gone. And he will sink in his own "quick sand" of lies.
Powerboss
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would certainly be interesting but I highly doubt Kerry has the character or courage to do such a thing.

Furthermore, it would be meaningless. He should've done that years ago.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry apologizes it would be a signal that he's bleeding badly and that the strategy of attacking Bush isn't working. An apology at this late date would also be pretty transparent coming 30 years later when his poll numbers are dropping.What would he apologize for, his comments before the Senate, giving aid and comfort to the enemy or for meeting with the enemy during a time of war?
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never happen--C
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am saying that its Kerry's best move, and he has one day to do it. That said even if he does do it, I still think O'Neill has outclassed him entirely with his presentation, and that all the Swift Vets stand with the truth, which will win.

If Kerry does not take this bold move tomorrow, the wheels will quickly come off his cart.

He took Monday off, He is expected to say something....he has one day only to make this move...after that we start to wind into the Republican convention and Kerry will be back burner in the Media regardless.

Another thing...the Media is going to stop asking Bush to denounce the Swift Boat Ads....amazingly Kerry got that concession today....and even the Media must be pissed that Kerry did not know what to do after they got that concession. Kerry got it and had no follow up...none...nada....nothing....zippo....ooops I said Zippo, I guess that brings up the burning of villages...and that is a whole other statement of Kerry's the Media is not asking about.

Seriously this is a screwed up operating unit....this Kerry Campaign
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will never apologize for anything. His ego want allow it.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kerry campaign is screwed up, and they don't have their stories straight (no surprise there, since it's constantly changing), but they're politically vicious, well-funded, and have the mass media's support. We haven't seen the worst from them yet. Their advantage is that the public has a short attention span and people are going to stop paying attention to stories with "Swiftboat" in the title if they can blunt our attack long enough. I hope O'niell has got something more to produce that can't be ignored. I'm thinking (and hoping) he does, he's very impressive and smart (well, compared to me). Very Happy
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love that the Truth is bringing this "man" down.
For me, it is a triumph of "Good" over, yes, "Evil" (my opinion).
A modern day David & Goliath story.
I also have to confess to a sadistic sort of pleasure of seeing Kerry's past exposed layer by embarrasing layer... Like a cat batting around a live mouse, it's a smackdown to the overtly liberal MSM and their machine which has gone unchecked for far too long.

SOTG
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
I think Kerry has one good move left, I think he will apologize Tuesday for hurting the feelings of Veterans with this comments. It will be a hallow apology to be sure.

You mean just a generic - I'm sorry - let's not speak of this again?

Even most of the leftwing 'mainstream' would ignore that attempt. People are in their 'Columbo' mode, now, and a few in the leftwing 'mainstream' don't want to be left out. People want the specifics, the 'crime scene' diagrams, etc.

No - there is, unfortunately (at least for Bush), one option remaining to Kerry. He can step down. I'm thinking the natural replacement - Gore. And they'll then get a chance to reply the whole FL story again in 2004 (but that's another subject entirely).
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make no mistake, Kerry's willful lies hurt many a Veteran and THEIR FAMILIES.

We can debate the philosophy of what is Evil or not, but there is no dispute on any level of discussion among honest men that---> What Kerry did was NOT GOOD, and his actions were not good for anyone else but himself.

He can start by undoing his lies, he has a one day window.
-----

I am not sure if he can step down at this point Servry....he went through the entire ballots system and accepted the Nomination, and got his matching funds from the Government.

I am not sure----but right now I don't think stepping down would be a logistical option. And it would be a sure fire loser. At least with Kerry they can try to pull the wool over peoples eyes for a while more.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday Reply with quote

An apology does not remove the blood on Kerry's hands...I don't think the swifties will except it...Too little, too late.....
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be difficult for Kerry to apologize now, since wonder-boy John Hurley said two days ago that Kerry "absolutely" stands by what he said in his testimony (Fox News Sunday, 8/22/04).

Even if he comes out and says "John Hurley doesn't speak for me," others have said basically the same thing, putting Kerry in a box.

Then there's the issue of the trips to Paris, "The New Soldier," throwing medals, Jane Fonda, Kansas City...too much for a simple "I'm sorry" to be put to rest.

Leaking the "Christmas in Cambodia" story gave the media a glimpse of the exaggerations and false claims Kerry made, not just in Vietnam, but afterwards. It was a brilliant move to initially expose the lies and deception. Now, even though they're not saying it publicly, they're wondering what else he said/did that was/is less than truthful.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Why I think Kerry will Apologize on Tuesday Reply with quote

Electing the president based on the issues would be nice. We would get to examine Kerry's very liberal record in politics and in the Senate.

[quote="integritycounts"] I think Kerry has one good move left, I think he will apologize

4. Lets all just move on now and talk to the issues facing the country.
flushthejohns
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: He won't Reply with quote

Kerry won't apologize for one thing. He's much too arrogant.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: He won't Reply with quote

flushthejohns wrote:
Kerry won't apologize for one thing. He's much too arrogant.

Oh, he'll be apologizing to Tharehzza soon enough... Say Nov 3rd?! Wink

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: