SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burden of Proof

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaPort#26
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Burden of Proof Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin - Kerry Talking Point Quota Exceeded )

Maybe John Kerry should sign form 180 and release his complete records.

Admin note:

Precisely!
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't understand why people who are anti-SBVT insist that the burden of proof is on the side of the patriotic, heroic Swift Boat Commanders.

It is called a bias media.

Curt
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality is we HAVE the proof. Kerry is hiding it by not signing the SF 180. As soon as he does that, then the body of proof rests in the documents, and those who WROTE or INFLUENCED the writing of those documents.

And the "official military records" (some of which have been MATERIALLY altered SEVERAL times over the years with embellishments not initially witnessed nor proofs cited) do not say he EARNED the decorations. Simply that he rated them. You can't EARN a Purple Heart, you are a RECIPIANT. You CAN earn a Navy Commendation Medal. You CAN earn a Bronze Star, however, you can be AUTHORIZED a Combat Distinquishing Device ("Combat V") under certain conditions.

The language is important, it has meaning. At least to those in the military. The problem is a lot of journalists simply don't understand the distinctions.

And this is the crux of the issue with Senator Kerry's decorations. There are certain criteria to be met to rate the award. And in at least one case, the evidence clearly indicates the answer is NO.

He's the one who made it the issue. If he'd kept his mouth shut, he might've been ignored. Maybe. There's a lot of bad blood and a long history of betrayal that many may not have been willing to let slide.

You, of course, already know this, judging by your handle. The guys I used to play with (years ago) had a name for youse guys in Surfare Warfare: Targets of Opportunity.

Welcome aboard!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
SeaPort#26
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why doesn't he just release his records? The facts are certainly going to damage his chances in November.

Admin note:

Doesn't the blue text read SO much better?
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite posts by another writer. I wish I could give him proper credit but I can't recall.

Quote:
They say that the burden of proof is on the accuser, but I'd say the burden of proof is on the one with the wildly improbable account.

Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
SeaPort#26
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, exactly. I'm also sick of people who say (Deleted by Admin - Kerry Talking Point Quota Exceeded) Who cares? The charges are all laid out now.

Admin note:

Yeah, doncha hate that?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaPort#26,

My guess is that the reason Kerry doesn't sign a Standard Form 180 is because he can't. That tells me there is something in those records that is pure kyrptonite that can not be revealed at all costs. I don't think it is medical evidence that collaberates the SBVT account. That would be damaging, but ultimately not fatal to the Kerry campaign. I think there is something more.

My guess: I think he got a bad-paper discharge out of the reserves. I can't prove it, but I have reason to suspect it. Such a discharge would end Kerry's political career forever if it came out.

Truth is Beauty
Mbeatt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something in the records that Kerry does not want the American people to see or know.

That is why he has not and will not release his records.

otherwise he would have already released them to prove the swiftboat Vets wrong in the court of public opinion. and thats all that matters to him is what the public thinks, thats how he gets votes. If his records come out he will lose votes.

Mike.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go one further. I am willing to bet hard money that O'Neill knows exactly what Kerry is trying to hide.

Truth is Beauty
SeaPort#26
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin Note:

Quota for Kerry Talking Points Exceeded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: