SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY CAMPAIGN BACKTRACKS ON FIRST PURPLE HEART AWARD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunr99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: KERRY CAMPAIGN BACKTRACKS ON FIRST PURPLE HEART AWARD Reply with quote

It states here in the announcement section that the Kerry talking heads are backtracking and now saying it could "possibly be a self inflicted wound."

My question is - where can I find a link to this?
What paper or tv station reported this?

I can't find anything on the web doing a search.

Please help.

Thanks.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we want for President someone who would want a Purple Heart for a rice-kernal in his butt from blowing up rice cache?
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry got his first PH through stupidity, unfortunately this type of stupidity is covered...maybe, maybe not:

(b) Individuals wounded or killed as a result of "friendly fire" in the "heat of battle" will be awarded the Purple Heart as long as the "friendly" projectile or agent was released with the full intent of inflicting damage or destroying enemy troops or equipment. (rice bags and concussion grenade) Very Happy

(c) Individuals injured as a result of their own negligence; for example, driving or walking through an unauthorized area known to have been mined or placed off limits or searching for or picking up unexploded munitions as war souvenirs, will not be awarded the Purple Heart as they clearly were not injured as a result of enemy action, but rather by their own negligence.. (rice bags and concussion grenades) Very Happy
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FryDayNC1

I agree with your point. However, one would define wounded has meaning trama which exceeds the application of a bandaid for treatment.

Kerry receiving that Purple Heart was an act of sacrilege with respects to the significance of that medal.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link to a story about it at the top of the forum page.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a fund-raiser last night in Philadelphia, Mr. Kerry defended his anti-war activism upon his return from Vietnam, which also has come under attack by the Swift Boat Veterans, as "an act of conscience."
"You can judge my character, incidentally, by that," he said. "Because when the time for moral crisis existed in this country, I wasn't taking care of myself, I was taking care of public policy," Mr. Kerry told his audience. "I was taking care of things that made a difference to the life of this nation. You may not have agreed with me, but I stood up and was counted, and that's the kind of president I'm going to be."

http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040825-125217-7993r.htm

He wants everyone to judge his character by what he did in '71. That's what the Swiftees are doing and then he has others say "Stop." He said he stood up, and that's the kind of president he is going to be. Does that mean he's going to sell out our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Does that mean he'll lie to get his way? Does that mean he will try to eliminate anyone who disagrees with him?
lunr99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but that is not a link. I mean, yes, it says that the Kerry talking heads are now backtracking, but my question was......Where did they get the SBVt's get this information from? I guess I am asking for a link to a newpaper, television station or even any pro kerry campaigne websites that Kerry is now backtracking.

thanks
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: KERRY CAMPAIGN BACKTRACKS ON FIRST PURPLE HEART AWARD Reply with quote

lunr99 wrote:
It states here in the announcement section that the Kerry talking heads are backtracking and now saying it could "possibly be a self inflicted wound."

My question is - where can I find a link to this?
What paper or tv station reported this?

I can't find anything on the web doing a search.

Please help.

Thanks.

Check the Fox News website. There is a Major Garrett video clip report. This is where it is located.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please search the forums for it - there were two threads about it in addition to the press release at the top of the page.

Major Garrett reported it from a Kerry Campaign spokesperson on Fox, and the same story was repeated in one of the other big newspapers the next day.

The video report is probably still available on Fox News > You Decide 2004 > Report.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's another post, just from today:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5100
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another lie totally exposed. It's funny but it seems like kerry isn't even trying any damage control. They just accept the damage and move on as though it hadn't happened.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the activity here, it's tough keeping up with the commentary on my dial-up, pony express speed connection. Bear with me if my comments have been covered elsewhere.

I'm down to the last two hairs on my head from all the scratching trying to connect all the dots in Kerry's maze of BS. But after seeing the 1st Purple Heart was erroneously awarded, it looks more and more like he shouldn't have received the 3rd PH.

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/SpotReports_March1969.pdf
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Bronze_Star.pdf
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/bronze_star_recommendation.pdf
http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/medical.html

Kerry's Spot Report, 13 Mar 1969: TWO additional mine explosions after PCF-3 was disabled by first mine (page 3). Kerry incurs shrapnel wounds and contusions resulting from a mine exploding close aboard PCF-94 (page 8).

Kerry's Bronze Star Recommendation and Citation indicate only a "painful, bleeding right arm" but no shrapnel wounds.

The Washington Post "Ambush" diagram shows Kerry getting wounded at 0945 after dropping a grenade into a rice cache (non-hostile action?). WaPo base their report on eyewitness?? accounts and Navy records.

Kerry's medical treatment record for 13 Mar 1969 shows his right forearm contusion (non-bleeding bruise) treated with warm soaks. He was treated with a tetanus shot, topical dressing and an ace bandage for the shrapnel wound to the buttocks, which can only be assumed to have resulted from destroying the rice cache that morning.

The Spot Report describes extensive damage to PCF-94 but no bullet holes (page 9). How was he able to tow PCF-3 with all that damage and why wasn't one of the other undamaged PCF's tasked to do that? Where is the damage report on PCF-3?

There are definitely differences between the documents that Kerry had his hands on and the Navy end documentation, i.e., citations and historical reports. And now I see on another thread that the Green Beret LT Rassmann got a PH for the action that day but his name does not appear in Kerry's Spot Report as being wounded.

I need a stiff belt of anything over 80 proof right now.....!!!!
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Shut my mouf.... Reply with quote

WOW.....topics are being added faster than I can get a page to display.
But it looks like most of us are focused on the same discrepancies in Kerry's records and reports which tells me we can't all be wrong.

I'm just gonna sit back and spend more time reading these threads.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: