SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow - Alan Colmes' radio show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Wow - Alan Colmes' radio show Reply with quote

I was listening to some of the Alan Colmes radio show tonight. Almost all the calls were about John Kerry. Alan was trying hard as can be sticking up for John. He said innumerous times that Kerry has already satisfactory answered the critics and that it was a non issue but the calls were still coming in about Kerry. Alan seemed flummoxed about it all. I am a bit disappointed that more eloquent people don't call in.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for Alan. He's actually an honest democrat, but hes not getting much help from his party this year. The Democrats in their quest to rid the country of Bush haven't given people like Alan much to be proud of.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: YEP Reply with quote

You are right. Alan is good at what he does even though i don't agree with him most of the time. I do at times though. I had never heard him be so rattled before though. Surprised me.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for the guy. He tries to put up a fight, but how can you when the truth is not on your side. I am sure hes going to be happy when Kerry is out of the picture.
bjohnson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: About Alan Colmes Reply with quote

Alan Colmes is smart and researches the issues. However, in my opinion, Mr. Colmes can spin things better than the best of the liberal spinners who take on Bill O'Reilly in O'Reilly's no spin zone. I better stop now.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He puts out the spin, but you know he doesn't believe it. He still does it. Nuff said.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I feel for Alan. He's actually an honest democrat

Not.

Last night on H&C he first agrees Kerry was a radical in 1971. After mentioning Kerry quit the VVAW after the assasination meeting, he describes Kerry as a "moderate". The logic being that so long as you don't actually follow through with an assasination that this qualifies you as a "moderate". For all we know, Kerry's logic may have been "My work here is done. They're on the right track. Time to distance myself before anything bad happens." Notice that Kerry didn't turn those guys in.

He'd be a bit more credible if he also asked probing questions of lefties instead of trying to spin them out of trouble all the time. These adversarial discussion formats are highly divisive.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Alan Colmes ... Reply with quote

Mr. Colmes is not a good democrat ...
Anyone that smart in a position of power has a responsibility to deal in facts. Mr. Colmes ignores facts that conflict with the message he is trying to spin ... and that is just plain dishonest ... instead of seeking the truth he seeks to spin ... in his mind the ends (protecting Kerry) justifies the means ...
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Honest democrats" and "honest republicans" would defend the Constitution First.
tigger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Colmes has continued to repeat on different nights with different guests that Kerry was only speaking in the 3rd person regarding atrocities and never said that he was personally involved.

While he could have conceivably been misinformed originally, Sean and others have provided the relevant quote. Coombs has continued on as if that part of the record does not exist.

Hard to call that honest.

Last edited by tigger on Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To paraphrase someone we all know....

to Mr. Colmes:

"How do you ask a Man to be the Last Man to Lie about Vietnam, and how do you ask him to Lie for a Liar?"
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Colmes is in this for the money. He is to smart not to realize the truth. He gets paid to defend the lib side of things. He does a good job defending a lie. But I don't respect him.
lucky
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: LOL Reply with quote

Well I will say A thing about the man. He had always been in the past a very well spoken and it seemed a sober thinking Liberal. It was a pathetic performance to say the least. As someone said before, it is hard ton spin something when we have the truth on our side. Amen. Also i liked and agree when someone said about how it is a shame when what you have to work with is Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: