SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handout I will distribute in Boston area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Handout I will distribute in Boston area Reply with quote

Attached is copy that will go into a handout that I will be distributing on the street around Boston. Some of you might want to do something similar.

Senator John Kerry’s False War Crime Charges Against the Vietnam Vets

In 1971, Senator John Kerry made unsubstantiated allegations of war crimes, claiming that he and his fellow Vietnam Veterans, including the Swift Boat veterans, committed atrocities against the civilian population of Vietnam. Kerry’s dishonest and dishonorable allegations were given in testimony before the U.S. Senate in 1971, and repeated again during an interview on the Dick Cavett show.

Kerry’s statements were taped and used by the North Vietnamese in efforts to further demoralize American POWs. Painfully, some of these POWS are now listening again to Kerry’s fabrications, that our military behaved like “Genghis Khan” – after first hearing years the words years ago during captivity in Hanoi.

Please read the statement below by Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient Major General Patrick H. Brady.

Ted Harwood, Ph.D.
U.S. Army Veteran, Enlisted (Honorable Discharge)

P.S. If you want to stop Kerry’s bid for the presidency, get involved. Contact me at Harwood_T@msn.com and I will tell you how you can help.

Excerpted from a Statement by Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady Congressional Medal Of Honor Recipient (From Northwest Veterans Newsletter)

”Kerry defines patriotism as "keeping faith with those who wear the uniform of this country." He also brags that he "defended this country as a young man". If Missouri is the show me state, Veterans are the show me voters - we are not much for words, deeds are our stock in trade. Lets look at Kerry's deeds.

”Before Kerry played his "hero" card, he played the atrocity card. When Kerry came back from Vietnam he joined with Jane Fonda and in 1971 denounced "those who wear the uniform" as terrorists-like rapists and assassins who "cut off heads, taped wires ... to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks" ... and said he "committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others". He made these charges under oath. Kerry says today that he would have framed some of what he said in 1971 differently. But he does not say he lied, which he did, nor does he apologize. How can one properly frame the denunciations of ones comrades in arms as modern day “Genghis Khans”?

”He could have attacked the war without attacking the warrior. He could have questioned policy without supporting the communists' claim that our soldiers were war criminals. He could have kept faith with those who wore the uniform with him. But he did not and he should be held accountable.

”By every measure, the Vietnam veteran has been an exceptional citizen; but there is one disturbing statistic -- their suicide rate. In the first 5 years after discharge the rate was 1.7 times higher than non-veterans. After 5 years it was less. This may have been due to the treatment the Vietnam veteran received from the media - and the anti war movement led by Kerry -- in the early years after the war. Living with the scars of war is difficult, for some unbearable, but all veterans suffer. The Vietnam veteran suffered physically as much, perhaps more than any veteran of the past century, but no veteran has suffered the mental agony of that veteran.

”Kerry's "hero" card is based on medals he received in Vietnam and is much celebrated, and unchallenged, by the mainstream media. I know many Medal of Honor recipients who have received less publicity for their medal than Kerry has for his. But medals don't make a hero. It is how one uses medals that make a hero. Every honest soldier knows that medals are a function of circumstance, even happenstance, but most of all the support of ones fellow warriors.

”I was awarded the Medal of Honor; but my fellow soldiers who supported me in the actions and took the time to write it up earned it. I wear it for them, they own my medals. And every Medal of Honor recipient and hero I know believes as I do. Medals should be a sign of patriotism, a symbol of sacrifice, support and defense of a great nation. The highest form of patriotism is service to our youth; heroes also wear their medal for them to signal the importance of courage. Heroes do not use their medals for personal political gain. As I said they are not theirs to use.

”Senator Kerry threw his medals away (or ribbons, they are symbolically the same), a political act very difficult for any veteran to understand. He must have been proud of them for he wore them even on his fatigues, in violation of all regulations. But they were not his. They belonged to those who he served. By that act he symbolically denounced his fellow veterans -- again. Does one keep faith with those who wear the uniform by throwing away their medals?

”But perhaps most telling of his leadership qualities is his use of his Purple hearts to abandon his band of brothers, his command, on a technicality. Kerry may be the only person in history who took advantage of a Navy regulation that allowed him to leave his command after 4 months for 3 purple hearts none of which ever caused him to miss a day of duty. In my experience men fought to stay with their band of brothers, especially commanders. All the commanders I know would get out of a hospital bed to be with their men. Some one had to take his place; someone probably less experienced who would have to learn the ropes. That put his command more at risk than if he stayed. It is not hard to understand why those who stayed in combat for the full year are upset with Kerry.

”He is not fit for command.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true, I just hope most will read it! you know the story, you can lead a horse to water......ect.... If you cant get them to read it ,tell them to vote for Ralph!!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueGrit, good to go! That Handout won't go over to well around Harvard or Kenmore Square though Rolling Eyes
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rb325th for your response.

I couldn't care less whether what I intend to do will go over well at the Kennedy School in Harvard Square or not. I had to stand up against the leftwing extremists when I taught at Harvard in the early 70's -- the leftwing "brownshirts" who sought to prevent faculty from speaking, the people that Kerry got into bed with.

This is the most important action in my life, at age 65. Thank God I have the vigor and commitment. I will appear on Louisberg Square, where the Kerry-Heinzes have a residence and in other venues.

And I am hoping to draw others to my side. I've put in an order for my first sign at a local Needham shop. I hope to move forward with silk screen mass production.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: