SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viet Nam Veterans of America

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Viet Nam Veterans of America Reply with quote

Since I do alot of surfing, I wanted your take on John Kerry being one of the co-founders of the VVA. (1979)

Was he trying to make up for the things he said and did after leaving the Navy?

The VVA has done alot for vets and their families since its inception and I wonder why it hasn't been brought up by either party...
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have given the information from the site before sending my first post.

It is:
http://www.vva.org

Here is what they said under VVA Restricted Political Activities:

Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) has received an assortment of e-mails which (1) incorrectly assume VVA has endorsed Senator John Kerry for President; or (2) criticize Senator Kerry for his involvement with antiwar activities after he served in Vietnam; or (3) incorrectly assume that Bobby Muller, the President of a different organization (Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation), is the President of VVA. In response to all such e-mails, VVA says:

1. VVA's Constitution prohibits it from endorsing any candidate for any elected office. Article IV, Section 3. E. of the VVA Constitution clearly says that "[a] member, Chapter, State Council, or the Corporation [VVA] may not endorse, on behalf of the Chapter, State Council, or the Corporation, any candidate for any elected office or position."

2. John Kerry was a co-founder of VVA in 1979 and he is a life member of VVA.

3. Bobby Muller is not the President of VVA and he does not speak for VVA. Bobby Muller is the President of the Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation, which is a separate corporation with a separate board of directors and with separate funding sources. Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation is not a membership organization like VVA.

I believe he was trying to make a "right" out of something very "wrong".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: