SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Column in WSJ's Opinion Journal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Column in WSJ's Opinion Journal Reply with quote

The WSJ has stayed out of this directly but I am seeing an article a day now in their Opinion Journal (and they usually only run 3 each day)

http://www.opinionjournal.com/
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it this piece?

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005524

This was actually a blog from a few days ago. It is very well written and probably my favorite piece so far on the politics and culture of this issue.

I am very pleased to see The Wall Street Journal pick it up as an editorial. I think that says a lot about the changing media and the influence of blogs.

If you have not read this piece, please do yourself a favor and do so.

Mr. Jacobs has made a wonderful contribution to this discussion.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: yes it is Reply with quote

yes it is ...
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Column... Reply with quote

Like many of you, I missed this one when it was originally printed. However, now that I have had a chance to read the whole thing, my opinion is that it is the best editorial I've seen to date.
GST
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone would make an ad featuring Jim Warner's experience as a POW, it would be the death-knell for the Kerry campaign. How could Kerry refute it?
OldAbe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An absolute must read.

This isn't about politics.

To some degree John Kerry had every right to take the actions that he did when he returned home. However, as most know, with rights come responsibilities. Since he chose to step over the line and remain unrepentant about it, he must be prepared to bear the responsibility for his actions. He can't honestly expect people to just give him a pass now because he feels that it's his turn to be president.

American's are the most forgiving people on earth...to a point. John Kerry went past the point of forgiveness, has chosen to remain there, and thus has no one to blame but himself for the predicament he's now in.

You reap what you sow.

- OldAbe
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Column in WSJ's Opinion Journal Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:
The WSJ has stayed out of this directly but I am seeing an article a day now in their Opinion Journal (and they usually only run 3 each day)

http://www.opinionjournal.com/

Just wanted this thing back on top in case anyone missed it. Sorry.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: