SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry says he has shrapnel in his leg from Vietnam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPSevison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Kerry says he has shrapnel in his leg from Vietnam Reply with quote

Is this true or is this a mistake that Kerry has made to try and sell his side of the story to a group of VFW folks?

Just curious because it would seem that if all of his purple heart wounds were relatively insignificant, it would be difficult to retain a piece of shrapnel after all these years.

It seems to me that if Kerry does not have shrapnel in his leg, he attempted to pass on an easily verifiable lie to try to convince people he's telling the truth.

Anyone have any facts regarding this statement by Kerry?

Thanks.
GPSevison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but here's the link where I read his quoted statement...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129387,00.html
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry did get wounded in the leg for his 2nd Purple Heart on Feb. 20th, and from the casualty report, it seems it in fact may still remain. The SPIN Kerry puts on it, is within his context of his new ad airing on TV, in which he describes the events of March 13th (Rassmann, 3rd PH & Bronze Star), THEN mentions directly afterward, I still have schrapnel in my leg from Vietnam....Which obviously in its context would make one believe he still has schrapnel in his leg from the incident he just described, but thats not so. Once again, its to dupe all those who arent well informed, and its misleading by him, but thats no surprise!
GPSevison
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input.

I wasn't sure that he would be foolish enough to make a claim like that if it weren't true, however, Kerry has been reaching new lows on a daily basis so I guess anything is possible.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may have rice in his butt?
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Kerry's shrapnel in his leg Reply with quote

Wouldn't he set off an alarm in an airport if he still has the shrapnel in his leg?

Doesn't Theresa have the money to get it out after 35 years???
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Shrapnel Reply with quote

I worked alongside a Vietnam Vet who had suffered shrapnel wounds. His back was pitted with deep wounds, deep enough to put one little finger into, up to the first knuckle. I was shocked by the sight of it when he took off his shirt one day in the hot Texas sun.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Shrapnel... Reply with quote

I heard a medic on a radio talk show today who stated for certain that it is very, very rare to leave shrapnel. He served two tours with the Marines and gave several convincing medical reasons that make it possible that Kerry is lying about this issue too. Anyone know SOP for shrapnel in a leg?
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they left it because it is so miniscule that they couldn't find it. It sure hasn't interfered with his kite boarding and running over SS agents, oops!, I mean snowboarding.

Maybe he will reveal his x-rays along with the rest of his medical records!!! (pardon me while I stop laughing!!)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Kerry makes the claim, maybe an xray from an independent doctor would put the matter to rest? I wouldn't trust a Kerry selected doctor for this.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many days of duty did Kerry miss because he was wounded? If there was a big piece of metal in his leg he would have missed at least a week or so.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Kerry's shrapnel in his leg Reply with quote

Wouldn't he have some sort of metal poisoning after 35 years? What medications is he taking besides botox? If it is in his thigh it could be easily removed since the only bone is his femur. I have never seen him walk with a limp?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: