SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CALL FOR ALL RETIREES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: CALL FOR ALL RETIREES! Reply with quote

If you DID NOT serve in Vietnam, but are a retiree who SERVED DURING the Vietnam era, PLEASE WRITE YOUR MESSAGES HERE.

I believe Kerry has made a HUGE mistake in making time in Nam a prerequisite for presidency, for service to country, etc. And in so doing is INSULTING those who served during Nam but did not actually go there.

I would like to collect your thoughts. If you're like me, and don't want your full name on the internet, feel free to PM me your messages with your full name service time information.

I fully intend to forward these to my Senator.

It's time for us all to fight back!
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Swanlady. I have been calling Senators, including McCain, to protest their efforts to stifle the SBVT's right to get the record straight.

Ted
retiredeq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: CALL FOR ALL RETIREES! Reply with quote

Hi There!

Retired SeaBee Equipment Operator. USN 1971- 1996. I had 3 other brothers, all Navy. Oldest was in Country in Dong Ha '67 - 68. He is currently a V. Principle in a Massachusetts Middle School.
A Great Big "BZ" to the Swift Vets. A fraud like Mr. Kerry has no place in command of the brave fighters in Our Armed Forces. To berate all the blood spilled from Lexington/Concord to Iraq and then to salute the American Public at the convention was problably the most disrespectful thing a person can possibly do. It angered me, and it should have angered all. We deserve more. We cannot and should not tollerate individuals that condemn veterans, then turn around and use veterans for personal gains.
God Bless America, and our truly Heroic Veterans.

V/r
RetiredEQ
SwanLady
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
Today I was sent a PM from some newbee on here going by the name "linegrunt". He's made NO POSTS in the open forums. But he demands I not post in this forum! LOL Seems this particular post iritated him I guess.

Anyway, keep posting. All who served during Nam but did not get to go there to serve for whatever reason.

I have written McCain, pointing out to him that they too served who did not go to Nam.

I believe we should all band together, whether we went to Nam or not. Because Kerry slanders us ALL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: