SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

823 Americans DEAD to date - 933 Total Coalition DEAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyleparr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: 823 Americans DEAD to date - 933 Total Coalition DEAD Reply with quote

Just the latest update from Iraq.

Is it worth it?
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited by Moderator

Woof!
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death of these young men and women are a great loss for our country. It's shameless the way some folks will stoop to politicize their deaths.

But of course, "shameless" is a key word for Kerry.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
. I honor their service,

No you don't. Your intent is all too clear.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 June, 1944 - Omaha Beach - 2,200 casualties... in one day. Was it worth it?
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Brian.
You said it earlier. They have nothing good to say about their man.
Napolean complex comes to mind.
And to Saint and Kyle....you are low lifes to use someone I loved to make your point.
I know, if L/Cpl Thomas Slocum could speak today.....He would tell ya he would give it all again for your right to trash your country and the veterans who have served so bravely.
(Makes me a little sick though)
You must feel so proud about right now!
Since you feel a surge of Patriotism today....Heres mine!

Quote:
American girls and American guys will always stand up and salute;
Will always recognize
When we see ol' glory flying,
There's a lot of men dead,
So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head.

My daddy served in the army,
Where he lost his right eye.
But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died.
He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
To grow up and live happy in the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack.
A mighty sucker punch came flying in from somewhere in the back.
Soon as we could see clearly through our big black eye,
Man we lit up your world like the Fourth of July.

Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
And the eagle will fly,
And there's gonna be Hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell!
It's gonna feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you...
Brought to you courtesy of the Red, White and Blue!

Oh, Justice will be served and the battle will rage.
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage
You'll be sorry that you messed with the US of A
'Cuz we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way.

Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,
And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.
And the eagle will fly,
And there's gonna be Hell,
When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell!
And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you...
Brought to you courtesy of the Red, White and Blue!

Of the Red, White and Blue..
Of my Red, White and Blue...

Thx Toby Kieth......

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one mom. Use patriotism as the reason I suck. Too bad someone you knew died. I wish they had never had the chance to.

You are not any more of a patriot than I am. edited by Moderator I am not Politicizing their deaths. I am pointing out that they are REALLY DEAD!!! For what???? For what???

WWII has nothing to do with Iraq. So, yeah, the 2200 on Omaha beach were worth it. The hundreds in Iraq are NOT!!! They are unecessary deaths in an unjust war.

I love this country which is why I want it to be the leader of the world edited by Moderator.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were leaving? Oh, I forgot, you're a Kerry supporter - FLIP -FLOP!
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, I am all to painfully aware that they all really died. They died for you and I.
You are questioned on using there deaths as a tool because of the fact that you would mention them at all.
I question your patriotism when you use those men and women to make your point.
Do you understand that their families frequent sites like this.
Are you so heartless as to rub their noses in their loss.
I would expect something like that from others here but I really believed you were above the frey and wanted an honest dialogue.
L/Cpl Thomas Jonathan Slocums Marine picture hangs right in front of me as we speak.
I visit Fort Logan National Cemetary 2 times a week to make sure he has fresh flowers and is always cared for.
My only son will complete training to become a Marine in less than one week and yes....he could die in Iraq but thank goodness I don't have to live with the possibly that he might be so misguided as to sit around and defame and trash these honoroable veterans the way you guys have for almost a week.
What is really sad, is that one day...you are gonna grow your young @ss up and you will understand what you all perpetrated here.
It takes an awfully selfish, self centered individual to do what has been done here the last few days.
Some might even say it is a little psychotic.
It is one thing to express your point of view.
This is America
It is another to behave in such a disrespectful way here.
Thank God for young men like my son and L/Cpl Thomas Slocum and the other 822 brave men and women who died.
If you have your way....they will have died for nothing .....but sorry...you will never convince me or any rational person of that.
I just hope it is not you that we read about one day on the internet as we decide whether or not we can actually watch the video.
Terrorism is real and it is not a question of if it comes to our streets again but actually when!
Any belief other than that is just stupidity at it's highest level.
Now when that day comes....and you are fighting for your life in the streets of your local city...here comes a guy in a military uniform.....
You gonna yell this stuff at him then???????
Geeeez I hope not. He may just save your naive young @ss
Maybe that is the only way you will understand how thankful you should be to every one of these amazing, selfless veterans here.
Now you want to trash what I have already lost....feel free.
I am off to go watch the most amazing thing one can experience......
United States Marine Corps Graduation
Have a nice day guys.....I am done with you!
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it shameless to see someone using the deaths of brave young Americans who paid the ultimate sacrifice fighting for someone elses freedom, to further the aspirations of a traitorous coward.

It will only not be worth it if once again, the cowardly left abandons a people in their struggle for freedom and hands their fate back to tyrants.

As much as each and every death saddens me, I'd much rather the fight against terrorism be there than spread throughout the streets and cities back here. If it makes more to our streets than it already has been, who will the left cry out to to come save them then?
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing you quoting the number of radical Muslim Terriorists dead in Iraq.

My question is: if those terriorist hadn't gone to Iraq for our military proffessionals to kill them -- would they have tried to come here to kill your mother, wife (or boyfriend) and children?

And if that is so, isn't that why people enlist in the Military? To kill the people who would try to kill our mothers, wives, and children? I know that's why I enlisted 35 or so years ago. I wanted to see Communism stopped before it reached the US.

Serving in the Military has never been a safe job, and it is not for those cowards who'd never consider to fight to keep America safe.

Thank God that there are enough brave people who are willing to put their life on the line to protect our mothers, wives, and children. God help us if we all become French and expect others to bail us out -- then spit on theose same people. I'm sure this whole conversation is lost on the Liberals (and the French) lacking the huevos to do what I just spoke of. Pity them.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: 823 Americans DEAD to date - 933 Total Coalition DEAD Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
Just the latest update from Iraq.

Is it worth it?

Yes, I think it is worth it to stop the butchery going on in that part of the world alone.

Kyleparr, are you some type of sadistic bastard who would rather let millions of Afghani and Iraqi men, women and children continue to be butchered than intervene?

What other conclusion is there?

This poster catches kyleparr's sentiment well:

And that's not even including the WMD issue.

When I was in Riyadh in the mid-1990's, we passed a bombed-out brick building in the midst of modern, beautiful buildings on the road that led to one of the major hotels (Marriott or Hilton, can't remember which).

This brick building was surrounded by yellow tape and signs in arabic. When I asked the taxi driver what it was, he said it was an elementary school that got hit by one of Saddam's SCUD missiles lobbed indiscriminately into Riyadh during Gulf War I. I asked why it was not repaired, and the driver told me "because it is a reminder of how crazy Saddam is and the fact that he's liable to send far worse the next time."

FDL
kyleparr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to reply to this, becuase I think it is vitally important to point out a few things.

1) You all try to paint me to be a coward and a traitor becuase I do not want one more soldier killed in Iraq for whatever agenda took us there. It scares me to think that you will let them die withpout really questioning why they are there.

2) What is the agenda? Three of you, in this thread alone, came up with three different reasons. WMD, genocode, and terrorism.

You are just making stuff up. The reason we were told was WMD. There are none. If you are fighting terrorism, invade Saudi Arabia and Yemen!!!!! If you want to stop genocide, Iraq is but one of a myriad of places where people are killing each other. How come your high and mighty leaders aren't trying to save any of them?

As for the Mislim extremist question...sheesh. I do not know. Noone knows. You know why? Becuase they look just like all of the regular Iraqi's we are killing. I can tell you this. there are a shitload more of them today than there were a year ago.

Kerry might not be the answer, but I sure as hell know that Bush and Cheney aren't either. edited by Moderator
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

You are just making stuff up. The reason we were told was WMD. There are none..

Sir,

you are either misinformed, intellectually unable to process more than simplistic newsbits, or a liar.

Which is it?

For your convenience, I have highlighted the brain malfunction(s) that
most closely resemble(s) the one(s) you recently made on the topic of why we took Saddam Hussein down:

1. Inability to Understand That Some Things Have Multiple Causes
Example: The Beatles were popular for one reason only: They were good singers.

2. Judging Things Without Comparison to Alternatives
Example: I don't invest in US Treasury bills. There's too much risk.

3. Ignoring all Anecdotal Evidence
Example: I always get hives immediately after eating strawberries. But without a scientifically controlled experiment, it's not reliable data. So I continue to eat strawberries every day, since I can't tell if they cause hives.

Now, as a homework assignment, please show us your intellectual mettle and indicate which issue(s) each of the above malfunctions is likely to refer.

Also, please answer the question:

Are you some type of sadistic bastard who would rather let millions of Afghani and Iraqi men, women and children continue to be butchered than intervene?

Are Arab lives worth that little to you? Are you that racist to opin that the lives of ~ 700 Americans are not worth saving millions of Arabs from life in a country-sized concentration camp, from torture and barbarous death?

You cannot answer the question because the answer you'd give yourself if you were honest to yourself is too uncomfortable. It is an answer which frankly (like many on the left) you can't handle as it shows the bankruptcy of your morals.

Best,

FDL
kyleparr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited by Moderator

For you to get on your high-horse about saving innocent lives is laughable, while your party financed the murderous Contra's and many other murderous, genocidal groups. If you want to save lives, why aren't you sending soldiers to Africa and South America?

Because you are not interested in anything but driving a big car and living in a big house. You do not want to help people, you want to control them. You want the oil in Iraq and the rest of the region. This is NOT a humanitarian war!!! Get over it!

Nuff said.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: