SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

President Ronald Wilson Reagan - Rest In Peace

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: President Ronald Wilson Reagan - Rest In Peace Reply with quote

Well done, Sir.

I salute you.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention!

Hand Salute!!!!!

Ready, Front!

Fair Winds and Following Seas, Mr. President!

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
It's rare when words fail me, but what can be said after that emotional ceremony at graveside?

I was able to hold my composure for the most part, but when Nancy approached that casket, clutching that flag, and bent to say her last goodbye... Crying or Very sad

Godspeed, Mr. President, and thank you.
It was my privilege to have served our country with you as our Commander in Chief.

Fair winds and following seas, sir.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very moving ceremony. Seeing Nancy start breaking down made me almost break down too. She is a very classy lady.

I also noticed the spontaneous crowds gathering all along the route back to the Reagan Library. The left can spout anything they wish, the man was loved and greatly appreciated.

God Bless Mr. Reagans spirit. God Bless America.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No words can express what I feel. My prayers are with you Nancy. It was a honor to serve President Reagan. Godspeed. This country loves you and will miss you.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
I was able to hold my composure for the most part, but when Nancy approached that casket, clutching that flag, and bent to say her last goodbye... Crying or Very sad

Nancy's stoicism was a remarkable display of dignity and class. She weathered emotionally charged moments throughout the ordeal with a display of demeanor and composure that I doubt I could have mustered myself.

It is almost incomprehensible that she managed to hold it together that long, but the acceptance of our Colors at the close of the service is an emotional moment that few are able to weather...and, at that point, her humanity trumped her composure...as did mine...and both she and I are the better for it.
jdmcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words cannot express how much America misses him now even after 10 years out of the public exposure. He will be missed for years to come.

There is a forum over on The Ronald Reagan.com site. If you just want to see what others have written there or post a message as well feel free to do so.
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
BrianC wrote:

Nancy's stoicism was a remarkable display of dignity and class. She weathered emotionally charged moments throughout the ordeal with a display of demeanor and composure that I doubt I could have mustered myself.

It is almost incomprehensible that she managed to hold it together that long, but the acceptance of our Colors at the close of the service is an emotional moment that few are able to weather...and, at that point, her humanity trumped her composure...as did mine...and both she and I are the better for it.

All week she displayed an amazing amount of bravery and dignity. I was very impressed by her strength. I doubt there were many dry eyes anywhere when she finally began to break down with her last farewell. I knew it was coming because that is the point where it becomes too real, yet it was still heartbreaking to watch.

I was also impressed that Ron Jr. stepped aside for Michael to comfort her as well.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: