SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Vets Fighting For Their Country Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Swift Boat Vets Fighting For Their Country Again Reply with quote

Swift Boat Vets Fighting For Their Country Again
Human Events Online ^ | August 26, 2004 | Pat Buchanan

[excerpt]

Why are the Big Media savaging the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth? Why are the Kerryites telling us to move on and debate the real issues--health care, education, the economy?

Because they know this could kill John Kerry's candidacy. Because they know this is not just about Vietnam, but also about the credibility and character of the man who would be President.

I have followed Kerry since he became famous. In 1971, I urged Nixon not to enforce Chief Justice Burger's order to remove Kerry's Vietnam vets from the Mall. We don't want another Bonus Army episode, I told the President. Kerry's vets were allowed to camp out, throw their medals over the fence, and depart.

While I thought Kerry's testimony to be execrable, I took him to be a man who served bravely. If Unfit For Command by Swift Boat vet and Kerry nemesis John O'Neill is true, Kerry is a dishonest man who slandered his superior officers and betrayed his comrades and country in wartime.

In that April, Kerry told the Senate he had met with 150 vets in Detroit who confessed to having witnessed and committed war crimes with the knowledge of their officers.

Said Kerry, they "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wire from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

Kerry's testimony was played back to Paul Galanti, a POW inside Hanoi's dungeons. Ted Cordier says he and fellow POWS were tortured to force them to tell the kind of lies about U.S. troops in Vietnam John Kerry told the Senate for free.

Kerry has made his service the centerpiece of his career, his convention and his campaign. He cannot evade the questions. If Vietnam was the dirty immoral war he said it was in 1971, how can he now celebrate his service in that war in 2004?

But if Kerry and his Band of Brothers were defending our country, as he now claims, why did he slime as war criminals the comrades he left behind to defend our country?

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=4919
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: