SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sigh

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rittar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Sigh Reply with quote

Millions of men and women have served this country, and many have given their life, for this country to live in freedom and have certain rights. Free speech, of course, is one of those rights.

That being said, I am saddened by the conduct of some people on these boards. For example:

1) disrepect for others.
2) name calling.
3) people trying to disrupt the board by having 40 posts and 33 of those were to start new topics just to start a flame war.
4) nitpicking e.g., pointing out spelling errors or grammer errors because they can not find any other way to respond to something they disagree with.

Please folks, we are probably all adults here, not juveniles. Everyone should be civil and respectful to others. If someone is not, then ignore them, don't begin a flame war with them.

Since there does not seem to be much of a moderator presence here, just ignore the board trolls. DO NOT respond to their posts, they are here only to disrupt and seek attention. That is the only way they will leave.

You have your right to your opinion, just as I do mine. I will respond to any post I leave, if you are respectful and civil, if not there will be no response.
Armorer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo your sigh...
But as Adlai Stevenson once said,"The sound of tireless voices is the price we pay for the right to hear the music of our own opinions." This is especially true in the era of e-opinions. Many times we warriors are not overly burdened with civility, particularly in each other's company. So while I echo your sigh I fear we will both be sighing away our time on this board.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Rittar.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sigh Reply with quote

Rittar wrote:

Since there does not seem to be much of a moderator presence here, just ignore the board trolls. DO NOT respond to their posts, they are here only to disrupt and seek attention. That is the only way they will leave.

In fact, those hooligan posters are reckless, venomous, delinquent, irresponsible and a public disgrace. The recent defamatory posts by "Saint" and others about Vietnam Vets demonstrate this strongly. I agree with Rittar.

FDL
spook
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
Great! Another Neo Con from Texas. Probaly friends with the Whack Jobs that started this lying Neo Con Site. Laughing

Saint are you still hanging around here telling lies. Doesn't the DU ever give you a day off.
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl.......
It never takes them long to prove a point does it.
Quote:
Great! Another Neo Con from Texas. Probaly friends with the Whack Jobs that started this lying Neo Con Site.

Is school out yet?
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Sigh Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Rittar wrote:

In fact, those hooligan posters are reckless, venomous, delinquent, irresponsible and a public disgrace. The recent defamatory posts by "Saint" and others about Vietnam Vets demonstrate this strongly. I agree with Rittar.

FDL

Point being that there are no real Vietnam Vets on this board. Wink
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint, I am still waiting to hear all about your credentials... I gave you mine.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I strike a nerve Saint.
You have no credentials, no platform, no experience to base an opinion.
Why should I listen to anything you have to say?
All you have is a PC and a small mind.
nuf said.
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spitting on their graves. Will this be the continuing theme of the Kerry Kampers?

Despicable.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
Spitting on their graves. Will this be the continuing theme of the Kerry Kampers?

Despicable.

Yes, exactly what you'd expect of Kerry followers.

After all, their leader paved the way 33 years ago.

Craig

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: "Just marine talk" Reply with quote

Rittar wrote:
Millions of men and women have served this country, and many have given their life, for this country to live in freedom and have certain rights. Free speech, of course, is one of those rights.

That being said, I am saddened by the conduct of some people on these boards. For example:

1) disrepect for others.
2) name calling.
3) people trying to disrupt the board by having 40 posts and 33 of those were to start new topics just to start a flame war.
4) nitpicking e.g., pointing out spelling errors or grammer errors because they can not find any other way to respond to something they disagree with.

Please folks, we are probably all adults here, not juveniles. Everyone should be civil and respectful to others. If someone is not, then ignore them, don't begin a flame war with them.

You have your right to your opinion, just as I do mine. I will respond to any post I leave, if you are respectful and civil, if not there will be no response.

To: Craig
Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:55 pm
Subject: Your Dead REMF
Provide an address and I will assure that someone rips you're ******* head off and pisses down your useless neck. Then he'll cut off your ******* dick and shove it up ******* ass. You are certifiably the most sub-human piece of @*$! on the face of this planet.

And listen Muthafucka, I now have the motive and I've had the means for 35 years. Just give me the opportunity and I'll burn your leftovers, pour them in a coke can and FEDEX them to Nam.
=================================
I find it just delightfully hilarious that the right wingy persons who had anything to say at all supported this fool.
To me it says everything about folks who make one sided complaints about other folks who might be more or less polite than they are.

Cracks me up that a site called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth seems much dominated by folks who before even getting mad about something being disproved but they are outraged at their "truths" even being tested.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this post intentionally left blank

Last edited by Keith on Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
BrianC wrote:

Despicable.

Yes, exactly what you'd expect of Kerry followers.

After all, their leader paved the way 33 years ago.

I couldn't have said it any better!!! Thank You Laughing BTW, Love the pic, thanks for a great laugh
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: