SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambodia gotcha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Cambodia gotcha Reply with quote

Which show was O'Neill on a few days ago in which they tried to embarrass him with a "gotcha" moment about his Cambodia statement to Nixon?
I believe it was H&C. Is the transcript available yet?
This is the one where they read half a quote out of context and O'Neill had to keep asking them to read the next line of the quote (In which he continued to say he was *on* or *near* the Cambodian border) but they would never continue the quote, so he had to finish the quote for them (repeatedly).
Isn't it ironic how they claim the current Swift Boat ad is unfair because it's taken out of context? Even though it is very fair (no context or lipstick will make that pig pretty).

Anyway, O'Neill concisely and clearly explains the differences very nicely.
It's apples and oranges yet the media has picked up the Kerry talking points that this *proves* that O'Neill is a liar and a hypocrite and *proves* his book is full of lies.
I would like to see it again.
He explains that he was on a *different* set of waterways (that actually was on the Cambodian border), at a much *later* time (and timing was the *main* issue of Kerry's remarks in order to embarrass Nixon) and *while* on a different operation. O'Neill's explanation is quite impressive. He mentions specific rivers, etc.

This trash and smear campaign on O'Neill sickens me.
We've seen it before. Change the subject. Try to trash the accuser.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot tell you how thoroughly impressed I have been with Mr. O'Neill (and the SBVT campaign in general).
He's always thought out and logical, is on top of all aspects of the issues, and responds in such manner that it disarms the opponent-du'jour (sorry about the French there).
Every time someone tries a "gotcha" on him, he immediately turns it around (if given the opportunity to speak of course).
When he does a "reverse smackdown" on those deer-in-headlights, I shout a little inward "BAM!" and smile like the Cheshire cat.
All this while on the mend from donating a kidney to his dear wife.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, heroes one and all.

SOTG
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was on Hannity and Colmes. Once again Colmes was trying to ignore the truth and try to spin it away by cutting him off everytime he asked. The problem is that Colmes is so far out of his league that it did not work. They should change the name of the show to Hannity and Fool, cause everytime Colmes speaks his ignorance of reality comes out.
dcrhere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last word about Cambodia is really simple (thanks to Jon Poheretz of the Post for this observation). In 1972, with all the controversy about Cambodia, there is simply NO WAY that a leader of the anti-war movement would have failed to mention his own eyewitness account of shuttling American soldiers over the border. What, was Kerry media shy?

Kerry didn't mention Cambodia 'til 1979, after he saw Apocalypse Now. That was also the first time he mentioned his attack on the Death Star and when he saw the alien burst out of a crewmate's chest... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: