SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chris Matthews on "Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Chris Matthews on "Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia" Reply with quote

Last night I was channel surfing and tuned to Hardball Moderator and member of the Kerry Edwards media campaign: Chris Matthews and some fat Newsweek reporter commentated that Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia" comments can be dismissed as "poetic license". Chris did not challenge that discription. I thought I had heard it all. There is no length they will go to avoid examining the facts. When I listen to Chris Matthews it is like listening to the KGB or North Korea's propaganda arm.

Then they went on to discuss the rescue of Rassman and discussed the distance between the boats as 40 yards, "the length of a football field".
Chris has probably never played football as anyone who played would know a football fields length is 120 yards, one third the distance Chris!!!

Not once did I see Chris acknowledge the absence of bullet holes and he did not get the name of SVFT right I believe I heard him say "Swiftboat whatever".

Imagine 5, 50 foot aluminum boats stopped on a 75 yard width waterway being fired on by automatic weapons fire and no bullet holes!!!! Instead these "journalist's" rely on the record, (that Kerry wrote) and are selective in their choice of whos eyewitness account they want to believe. Forget the absense of bullet holes on the ships. Chris Matthews should be yanked from the air. Someone should study his bias and document it and put pressure on MSNBC to have Chris Matthews present a fair account of the issues of SVFT with Kerry. How about it Swiftees???
The Cyber Menace
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people on here are getting a bit carried away with the Chris Matthews watch. Nobody even watches the show.

Although it would be great if people like him started pursuing this story with a little more journalistic objectivity, it's pretty clear that other media sources are getting out the message and John Kerry is being hurt by this.

I think we should start paying attention if the Chris Matthewses of the world start reporting objectively. And I think some kind of knockout punch or a mounting pile of evidence can only do that. The SBVT still haven't gotten there yet.

Hopefully, with more revelations and continued momentum, the pressure to have Kerry sign his Form 180 will pierce through that journalistic shield the lefties have erected for Kerry. I suppose only time will tell if these Kerry hacks will ever have the guts to start questioning their infallible war hero and ant-Bush saviour. If the poll numbers keep going down for Kerry, they might have to. Very Happy
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews is a Kerry butt-boy, and isn't about to cast any doubt on his hero. Any moron, Matthews, can figure out that something just doesn't add up. One of the boats hit a mine, Kerry put the boat into full throttle to flee, Rassman get thrown out of the boat, the other boats initially start laying down a line of fire, then stop because they are not receiving fire, then start rescue efforts of the damage boat and it's crew. Rassman never said he saw bullets hitting the water, just that he heard gun fire. Then Kerry somehow someway avoids 5000 meters of gunfire to return and pick up Rassman. Well if it was that many troops Matthews why didn't the enemy fire on the stationary targets. They were sitting ducks. The easy kill. The new media is buying Kerry story, and that is the hand we are dealt with, but Kerry won't answer question. News media keep pointing to the Navy's official record, but who submitted those reports?. Kerry and or his people. This is far from being over.
FrydayNC1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthews will never admit it, but he is still sore at President Bush, because Bush only granted him one interview during the 2000 election. And you are correct that nobody ever watches his show as it only as a .5 rating. That is 1/2 of 1 %. And Matthews thinks he is the next Tom Brokaw. Fat chance of that ever happening.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Chris Matthews Reply with quote

Maybe Veterans should put the pressure on MSNBC and make Chris Matthews a media human sacrifice. I do not mean do him harm to him physically, I mean pressure MSNBC to make him report objectively or bounce him from the show.
The Cyber Menace
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with that assessment of the Rassman incident.

As O'Neill tells in unhindered detail, these boats were sitting ducks for about an hour and a half while they were tending to the damaged boat. How can they have possibly been under enemy fire, under those circumstances, and not display ANY evidence of having been fired upon?

The fact is that many in the media have taken as sacrosant the idea that Kerry is a genuine war hero. And they think it's his primary qualification in running against Bush.

So, if others start questioning some of those religious-like conclusions the media have already made about Kerry, it's not surprising that these worshippers fire back despite reason and common sense.

Maybe time will have an impact on these lefties. You never know.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Under fire for 5,000 meters?????????????????????/ Reply with quote

That would require at least 250 men, and the 100 support people

Lt. John Kerry if he "knew" that at the time without a doubt should

have been on the radio calling in an air strike as that would have

been the very best target he ever came up aginst, 250/300 VC

up aginst a river bank , with the swifts for forward control of

the bomb mission , he is nuts and should taste like nuts

to his wife and she should report it.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Matthews on "Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia&qu Reply with quote

brotherofvietvet wrote:
Last night I was channel surfing and tuned to Hardball Moderator and member of the Kerry Edwards media campaign: Chris Matthews and some fat Newsweek reporter commentated that Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia" comments can be dismissed as "poetic license". Chris did not challenge that discription. I thought I had heard it all. There is no length they will go to avoid examining the facts. When I listen to Chris Matthews it is like listening to the KGB or North Korea's propaganda arm.

It is, quite frankly, like listening to the old Radio Moscow on shortwave - or to today's Radio Habana Cuba.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: