SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry blogger says there was no enemy fire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Kerry blogger says there was no enemy fire Reply with quote

I will respond to his guy, but just wanted to have you guys give me some pointers on how to respond...this is what he wrote...

Lambert was the official witness for Thurlow's Bronze Star citation. This makes Thurlow's citation even more profoundly an impeachment of his current accusation, and he essentially calls the man who rescued him from the river a liar. Keep it up, guys, the troops are going to love it!
Re bullet holes, Wash Post reports presence of some bullet holes on Thurlow's craft, one of which occurring the day before.

A report on "battle damage" to Thurlow's boat mentions "three 30 cal bullet holes about super structure." According to Thurlow, at least one of the bullet holes was the result of action the previous day, when he ran into another Vietcong ambush."

"Lambert's news account describes photographs of bullet holes in the craft and he singles out a specific one as having occurred the day before. He has a number of other photographs showing battle damage.

"Lambert has a photo album of swift boats, including several shots of Kerry’s PCF-94, although he doesn’t recall ever having met Kerry. One of his photographs of Kerry’s boat was taken on the morning of March 13, 1969, he added.

He flipped to a photograph of a bullet hole in the side of his swift boat — PCF-51.

"That’s the bullet hole they keep talking about that they got the day before in the 51 boat — that was my purple heart," he said, noting he was hit on the upper left arm.

"When those bullets hit that aluminum, it was like hitting glass," he added. "There was shrapnel everywhere."

His photographs include swift boats riddled from AK-47 rifle rounds and larger holes from rocket blasts.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2004/0826/local/stories/01local.htm

Sounds forensic to me David, wonder what we'd learn from a good examination of those?

Also, Rassman recounts to the Wash Post "No one can tell me that we were not under fire. I saw it, I heard the splashes, and I was scared to death. For them to come back 35 years after the fact to tarnish not only Kerry's record, but my veracity, is unconscionable."

Sadly, bullets splashing into the water aren't going to leave you much of your precious forensic evidence, David, so you have to come down to attacking the veracity of this man. Keep it up, David, people love it when you support the troops like that.

Wash Post also recounts a witness whom SBVT couldn't sway to their side of events, "There was a lot of firing going on, and it came from both sides of the river," said Wayne D. Langhofer, who manned a machine gun aboard PCF-43, the boat that was directly behind Kerry's.

Langhofer said he distinctly remembered the "clack, clack, clack" of enemy AK-47s, as well as muzzle flashes from the riverbanks. Langhofer, who now works at a Kansas gunpowder plant, said he was approached several months ago by leaders of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth but declined their requests to speak out against Kerry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html

any suggestions?

ex animo
davidfarrar
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others could help out more, but it's my understanding that Kerry's account of fire was the basis for that portion of the citation.
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of the bullet holes or RPG blasts occur during the bronze star incident? There's nothing in this article that suggests that, despite the innuendo of the Kerry blogger. (BTW, the title of this thread seems misleading, no?)

I also wonder, personally, how important it is to have a perfect memory on this stuff. I can easily imagine, e.g., that there was some lightweight return fire, e.g., that in the cacophony of suppressive fire from the Swift Boats could have seemed like heavy fire to some and no fire at all to others.

It'd be great to have conclusive forensic evidence, but I don't have the reports, and wouldn 't know how to read them if I did.
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Be sure to see this thread, too: http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5672
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "enemy fire" thing is a wash until we can determine who wrote those after action reports. We will not get anywhere in the MSM media with this (no one is challenging the obvious lack of physical evidence for 1.5 hour of small fire.)

BUT I BELIVE WE ARE MISSING THE MEAT ON THIS ONE, AND THE MEDIA IS LEADING US AWAY

On the Rassmann story, 2 things have been conclusively determined.

1. Kerry and Rassmann both LIED when they said that Rassmann was "left behind". The other boats did not leave the scene and Kerry was the only one to return.

FACT: Kerry was the only one that left. This is contrary to the major story of the convention! (Just see the DNC press release on the event! It's unbelievable and no one is throwing it in their face!)

2. Kerry lied about for his 3rd purple heart. Whether there was fire that day or not (There wasn't, but it still doesn't matter), Kerry was wounded by his own grenade, or some other friendly grenade, depending on the story (it was his grenade, but it still doesn't matter)

In Kerry's story, in Rassmann's story, in everyone's story, the wound on his ass was from a non-hostile action.

FACT: The wound on his arm, the only possible wound he could have received form the alleged hostile action, was a bruise. A bruise! You do not get a purple heart from a bruise!

These facts are no longer contested and those making personal appearances are not hammering these points!

STAY ON MESSAGE! STAY ON MESSAGE!

1. Kerry lied to the country just last month when he said everyone ran but him. (Gee, I can't imagine why those present are annoyed by this story)

2. Kerry, by his own stories, by Rassman's story, by the accounts of everyone present, KERRY DID NOT DESERVE HIS THIRD PURPLE HEART (which leaves only one, and while that has been questioned, it has not been disputed).

These 2 points are conclusive. Do not let the MSM distract us with "was there hostile fire?"

3 Purple hearts and only one has not been discredited? And at three you leave?

Who cares if there was hostile fire? We'll deal with that when we find out who wrote the after action points!

Hit those other two points! The ones that are conclusive!!!!!
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see Lambert's signature on the document?

I don't believe it was there. I think it contained Elliot's signature only. How does anyone know Lambert attested to it? It could still have the gunfire language added on from Kerry's report.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rassman is lying.

Tom Belodeau's eulogy (by John Kerry) says Rassman fell off when Kerry made a high speed turn (while running away).

I wish someone would pin him with that.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want pointers, read what I just blogged about it.

Unfortunately, far too many people don't think critically when they read. For example, Lambert is quoted as saying he "thought" there was enemy fire, he was "under the impression" there was enemy fire and he "believed" there was enemy fire. This is not a confirmation that there was enemy fire - merely that he thought there was. And why would Lambert think this?
Quote:
Anytime you are blown out of the water like that, they always follow that up with small arms fire," he said.
If Lambert was expecting enemy fire, then is it at all surprising that he would think there was enemy fire?

Furthermore, Van O'Dell, who was in the tub gunner position has stated firmly and repeatedly, "There was no enemy fire." Lambert was in the pilot house, focused on the 3 boat and steering his own. O'Dell was sitting in the cat bird seat, viewing everything from high above.

Whose recollection is more likely to be correct?
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry blogger says there was no enemy fire Reply with quote

DavidFarrar wrote:
I will respond to his guy, but just wanted to have you guys give me some pointers on how to respond...this is what he wrote...

Lambert was the official witness for Thurlow's Bronze Star citation. This makes Thurlow's citation even more profoundly an impeachment of his current accusation, and he essentially calls the man who rescued him from the river a liar. Keep it up, guys, the troops are going to love it!
Re bullet holes, Wash Post reports presence of some bullet holes on Thurlow's craft, one of which occurring the day before.

A report on "battle damage" to Thurlow's boat mentions "three 30 cal bullet holes about super structure." According to Thurlow, at least one of the bullet holes was the result of action the previous day, when he ran into another Vietcong ambush."

"Lambert's news account describes photographs of bullet holes in the craft and he singles out a specific one as having occurred the day before. He has a number of other photographs showing battle damage.

"Lambert has a photo album of swift boats, including several shots of Kerry’s PCF-94, although he doesn’t recall ever having met Kerry. One of his photographs of Kerry’s boat was taken on the morning of March 13, 1969, he added.

He flipped to a photograph of a bullet hole in the side of his swift boat — PCF-51.

"That’s the bullet hole they keep talking about that they got the day before in the 51 boat — that was my purple heart," he said, noting he was hit on the upper left arm.

"When those bullets hit that aluminum, it was like hitting glass," he added. "There was shrapnel everywhere."

His photographs include swift boats riddled from AK-47 rifle rounds and larger holes from rocket blasts.

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2004/0826/local/stories/01local.htm

Sounds forensic to me David, wonder what we'd learn from a good examination of those?

Also, Rassman recounts to the Wash Post "No one can tell me that we were not under fire. I saw it, I heard the splashes, and I was scared to death. For them to come back 35 years after the fact to tarnish not only Kerry's record, but my veracity, is unconscionable."

Sadly, bullets splashing into the water aren't going to leave you much of your precious forensic evidence, David, so you have to come down to attacking the veracity of this man. Keep it up, David, people love it when you support the troops like that.

Wash Post also recounts a witness whom SBVT couldn't sway to their side of events, "There was a lot of firing going on, and it came from both sides of the river," said Wayne D. Langhofer, who manned a machine gun aboard PCF-43, the boat that was directly behind Kerry's.

Langhofer said he distinctly remembered the "clack, clack, clack" of enemy AK-47s, as well as muzzle flashes from the riverbanks. Langhofer, who now works at a Kansas gunpowder plant, said he was approached several months ago by leaders of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth but declined their requests to speak out against Kerry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A21239-2004Aug21.html

any suggestions?

ex animo
davidfarrar

Here ya go. Glad to help. Your "friend keeps quoting the Washington Post article. That would be the Michael Dobbs article? Just so happens Micahel Dobbs emailed me and wants to talk to me because I sent him an email shredding his piece. He is extremely interesting in going over all the holes in his story and wants to make corrections to his article. He will be publishing another article soon. So, if your friend wants to quote the article, which the author admits is full of holes, perhaps he should grow a brain. And oh yeah, the New York Post also called and I am working with them on an article we hope to get out be next week.

long and short is we will prove once and for all that Kerry wrote the reports he said he didn't write today in the news. Cool

These people need a clue - and it wasn't Kerry in the Purple room behind the couch with the candlestick either.

- instigator
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right ON, instigator! I've always appreciated your reasoned and measured responses and it looks like that one hit the target.

Good luck!
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
Did you see Lambert's signature on the document?

I don't believe it was there. I think it contained Elliot's signature only. How does anyone know Lambert attested to it? It could still have the gunfire language added on from Kerry's report.

The eyewitness account in medals will not have a signature by the eyewitness, only a typed statement. I'd like to see the document if it is available. There are truths that can be gleamed by careful examination. Cool

- instigator
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagl wrote:
If you want pointers, read what I just blogged about it.

Unfortunately, far too many people don't think critically when they read. For example, Lambert is quoted as saying he "thought" there was enemy fire, he was "under the impression" there was enemy fire and he "believed" there was enemy fire. This is not a confirmation that there was enemy fire - merely that he thought there was. And why would Lambert think this?
Quote:
Anytime you are blown out of the water like that, they always follow that up with small arms fire," he said.
If Lambert was expecting enemy fire, then is it at all surprising that he would think there was enemy fire?

Furthermore, Van O'Dell, who was in the tub gunner position has stated firmly and repeatedly, "There was no enemy fire." Lambert was in the pilot house, focused on the 3 boat and steering his own. O'Dell was sitting in the cat bird seat, viewing everything from high above.

Whose recollection is more likely to be correct?

This also holds true for Kerry's BS recommendation by Sandusky. Sandusky is the eyewitness yet he was driving the boat. The gunner in mount 51 should have had the better angle. And this was: Short or Alston?????

- instigator
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Right ON, instigator! I've always appreciated your reasoned and measured responses and it looks like that one hit the target.

Good luck!

Laughing Embarassed

you always embarass me... Love ya too babe! Twisted Evil

- instigator
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that the Unit Citation does not mention anyone but Sandusky and Alston of that group as having earned a Bronze star in 1969?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy Chief

Do you believe Dobbs? I suggest that you keep a tape recording of all your conversations with him. Confirm with him that you are taping the conversations --- but tape them. Keep copies of all of your e-mails.

Maybe Dobbs wants to develop his own book out of the SwiftVets and Kerrys fraud.

If Dobbs gives you anything to sign --- see a lawyer --- it will be worth the money --- Ginsberg might be needing another client.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: