SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Focus on the SF 180: Why Will John Kerry Not Sign It?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinKnight
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Focus on the SF 180: Why Will John Kerry Not Sign It? Reply with quote

This latest attempt at an idea invented by the New York Times: that showing that a Swift Vet was Karl Rove's father's mother's uncle's sister's cousin's nephew's godson's best friend's lawyer seven years ago would cause voters to "naturally" assume that Bush is mind controlling all 250+ Swift Vets and recoil in horror, is quite frankly, nuts. But it could work by causing enough confusion and fog that people would automatically dismiss it as nothing more than just partisan politics.

Either way, there is a story to be told and the Press must not be allowed to ignore it. That's why I am suggesting that the Swift Vets' next ad should focus like a laser on Kerry's (buried by the media) abject refusal to sign an SF 180 form. If this should become public knowledge through an ad campaign challenging Kerry to release his records, the Press would be faced with two horrible choices.

People still remember the Press' going after Bush like a pack of wild rabid dogs on his Texas Air National Guard service (AP even filed a lawsuit) based on nothing more than innuendo from Michael Moore and Wesley Clark (and ironically enough, echoed by John Kerry). If they ignore the SF 180 issue, their credibility is gone, and Kerry is not helped either way. If they pursue it, Kerry is very possibly electorally dead, considering how much he wants to keep his records hidden.

This is my (very rough general) idea of an ad. The Swift Vets could record multiple versions of it with different veterans i.e. Grant Hibbard, Van Odell, Louis Letson, etc.

Quote:
LARRY THURLOW: I served in the same Swift Boat squadron with John Kerry in Vietnam. My boat was often right next to his on the river. And I know he lied to get a purple heart. I'm staking my reputation on it. That's why I have signed Standard Form 180, releasing my military record to the public and the press, because I am not afraid. I am telling the truth.

STEPHEN GARDNER: John Kerry was my commanding officer in Vietnam. We served on the same Swift boat. And I know he lied about being in Cambodia. I'm staking my reputation on it. That's why I have signed Standard Form 180, releasing my military record to the public and the press, because I am not afraid. I am telling the truth.

[WRITING]: John Kerry has refused to sign Standard Form 180. He continues to refuse to release his full military record to the public and the press. It's because he is afraid. It's because he's not telling the truth.

But we shouldn't just leave it all for the Swift Vets. Here's something we could all do. Go here and download an SF 180 form, print it (page 2 of the document will suffice), fill in John Kerry's name in the appropriate space and then send it to "Kerry-Edwards 2004, Inc., P.O. Box 34640, Washington, DC 20043". And if possible, print, fill and send off copies to the headquarters of every "mainstream" media organization you can think off (AP, NYT, WaPo, CBS, NBC, etc.).

Flood the zone people!!
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be hammered at again and again.

An ad of focusing on his refusal to sign Form 180 would be the best in my opinion to sway the swing/undecided vote. Anything else is going to be spun into fog of war, he said-he said, etc.

How are Kerry hacks going justify his attempt to hide the truth? Plus it catches them in another lie:

Kerry camp denies hiding war records
Wahington Times - Aug.18, 2004

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040818-121345-3874r.htm
Quote:
"Senator Kerry's entire military service record is posted on JohnKerry.com. His entire record," said Michael Meehan, adviser for communications to the campaign"

Quote:
"Has he signed the form?" he asked. "No. What he's signed is his release of privacy to the United States Navy to turn over his entire military record and he's posted it up on his Web site, so the whole world can see his entire military record."

And fro the WaPo story on Sunday:
Quote:

A Freedom of Information Act request by The Post for Kerry's records produced six pages of information. A spokesman for the Navy Personnel Command, Mike McClellan, said he was not authorized to release the full file, which consists of at least a hundred pages

Thsi in itself blows away the 'military record' claim by itself, and how poetic that it is from WaPo.

Better yet, quote WaPo in the ad! Laughing
Chris Matthews' head would blow up!

It's a short, irrefutable message - John Kerry is afraid of the truth coming out.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LARRY THURLOW: I served in the same Swift Boat squadron with John Kerry in Vietnam. My boat was often right next to his on the river. And I know he lied to get a purple heart. I'm staking my reputation on it. That's why I have signed Standard Form 180, releasing my military record to the public and the press, because I am not afraid. I am telling the truth.

STEPHEN GARDNER: John Kerry was my commanding officer in Vietnam. We served on the same Swift boat. And I know he lied about being in Cambodia. I'm staking my reputation on it. That's why I have signed Standard Form 180, releasing my military record to the public and the press, because I am not afraid. I am telling the truth.

[WRITING]: John Kerry has refused to sign Standard Form 180. He continues to refuse to release his full military record to the public and the press. It's because he is afraid. It's because he's not telling the truth.

Perfect!! The consistent use of the word "afraid" hits Kerry where he thinks his is invulnerable: his purported heroism. That will keep making people think "what's he hiding?" particularly if you hammer home the point from teh WaPo that he has only made SIX out of about ONE HUNDRED pages of his military/medical records available to the public and the media. Particularly after repeatedly proclaiming that they have released Kerry's "entire military service record."

Lies on top of lies on top of lies.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. -Sir Walter Scott
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be wary of putting this with Gardner and Thurlow in this.

It would just give MSM something to make a distraction with. Probably back to "However, in Thulrow's citation.....". Kerry's 180 would just be ignored while they attack SBVT unjustly again.

Keep it short and keep it on why Kerry refuses to sign Form 180 despite claiming all his records are on his website.

BTW, haven't some records vanished into the murky waters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: