SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter I sent to Michael Dobbs, FWIW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Letter I sent to Michael Dobbs, FWIW Reply with quote

Using much of the info all of you were great enough to furnish...

Mr Dobbs,

I congratulate you on trying to get to the bottom of the Kerry Vietnam debate. I have some information for you.

1.There is no after action report for 2 dec 1968. Were Kerry the OIC and there was enemy fire, Kerry would have been obligated to file an after action report. No report was filed. Thus it can be inferred that there was no enemy fire. No enemy fire, no Purple Heart.
2. The media is always asking for proof. For instance, MSNBC always asks if Schachte has any proof of his being on the skimmer with Kerry. Mr. Dobbs, what evidence is there that Runyan and Zaladonis were on that boat? What evidence is there that Kerry was on that boat?
3. The Kerry Silver Star citation has been rewitten twice. This is unheard of. A citation may be rewritten to correct obvious errors only and it must be done within 3 years. Kerry's citation has been rewritten twice, with material changes. There is no mention of "numerical superiority" in the first version but that appears in the second two. There is NO account of 28 Feb 69 that supports the contention that Kerry faced numerical superiority at any time.
4. In his DD214, Kerry claims to have received a Silver Star with a "v." No Silver Star ius ever awarded with a "v." Kerry has commented that false claims about awards raise serious doubts about one's leadership.
5. In the spot report for 13 mar 1969 Kerry is reported as having a "contusion (minor)." This is a small bruise. It is not worthy of a Purple Heart. The buttocks wound Kerry received that same day was, according to Brinkley's book, caused by Kerry's grenade and him standing too close. This was negligence, and it does not qualify for a Purple Heart. In the Spot Report for 13 Mar 1969 it is written that the buttocks wound was caused by the mine explosion. If Kerry was in the wheelhouse he could not have received such a shrapnel wound in the buttocks from the mine. He boat was not near the 3 boat. One of these accounts is false, and both came from Kerry. The third Pueple HEart was not desreved either.
6. ON Januray 28, 1998 John Kerry entered into the Congressional Record a eulogy of Tom Belodeau. That eulogy states that Jim Rassman fell off Kerry's boat when Kerry turned sharply. It also claims that the mine went off under Kerry's boat and not the 3 boat. These are brutal inconsistencies that demand your attention.

Thank you for your efforts.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job!

A little lengthy to be read by most journalists, but I think that Dobbs has more than the average columnist's Sesame Street attention span, so he might catch the facts you provided and actually get onto the trail. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: