SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - swiftboat missions recounted in Stars and Stripes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevesturm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Help - swiftboat missions recounted in Stars and Stripes? Reply with quote

I came across a part of Kerry's 1971 testimony in which he recalled reading about his missions in Stars and Stripes. From what I remember of the paper (military brat back then), the paper barely covered the big battles, it certainly wasn't covering the exploits of every 5 man Swiftboat crew.

Anybody out there who can confirm my recollection, and offer support that this is yet another example of Kerry having made things up as he went along?

For more information, please check : http://thoughtsonline.blogspot.com/2004/08/maybe-im-just-knee-jerking-to.html
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liar liar. Unless he wrote the column himself
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the article regarding his wartime attrocities... In "Bars and Stripes" prison magazine.

SOTG
stevesturm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: but if he wrote them himself Reply with quote

then how would what he later read have inflated body counts and damage assessments (as per his testimony)?

Is this along the lines of "I said 5 VC KIA before I said 10"?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, there may be Stars and Stripes stories on Swift Boat operations. I do remember a story on our AC-130 squadron at Ubon that had some good "facts" in it. Is there a library of Stars and Stripes on-line? I'd be willing to plow through it and look for Kerry's name, dates, or unit reports that might apply. I wouldn't discount that there may be something out there we could use.

Last edited by Wing Wiper on Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here: http://www.stripes.com/01/research1.html

Anyone in their local area that could drop in and do a search for "Kerry" or references to his PCF boats or other possible leads?

We may be surprised in what is available from something like this. They had a lot of reporters and they got permission to "embed" a reporter that may not have been available to the civilian press.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: