SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drudge headline - kerry to pull mccain ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: drudge headline - kerry to pull mccain ad Reply with quote

On drudge, kerry is said to pull the mccain ad. no doubt a ploy on the democrats side so that bush can be pressured to "ask" the swiftvets to stop the ads.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, my guess is the Cleland Rassmun stunt yesterday sent McCain postal ----

I imagine McCain called Kerry and said pull that ad or I will speak up for the SwiftVets and against you.

The second ad probably gave McCain an Hanoi Hilton flashback.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that bothers the dickens out of me is that these people think that we the American people are stupid enough to buy into this BS. These sacrificial lambs ads are not going to cut it. You want to do something worthwhile, sign the 180 and denounce Farenheit 9/11.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly did something right tonight. He read what happened next after McCain said what he did. Bush saying was not responsible for the attack, those guys were also insulting my dad (Bush 41).
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard bad things about Ted Sampley, but I imagine he's giddy about the SBVT offensive.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it reported that McCain requested they not use his image in the add. Its a start John.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush is a very loyal person with this family and his friends.
I had not thougt about this, but the remark made on one of the post made
me think about the deep loyalty and pride the president has for his father
and if he feels his dad is being dishonored he will not like the people doing
it.
As the left is very busy dishonoring any vet from any war as seen by
the people of America with Kerry's complete tearing down of the vets
his country and anyone else he could think of at the time, the president
could see this as his dad being dishonored as well.

The Bush's are a tight loyal family and the president's deep caring
and respect for his dad is well known. He was raised in a family that
gives great honor to the men/women who fight for America.

Kerry obviously was not.
Headhunter's Daughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: drudge headline - kerry to pull mccain ad Reply with quote

One medium size pat on the back for Bill O'Reilly for bring the "rest of the story" to light on the McCain ad. That still doesn't make up for calling SBVT slimeballs, soon after their first ad came out. I also doubt O'Reilly will ever read the O'Neill book or Kerry's 1st book. Maybe O'Neill should send O'Reilly an autographed copy with the inscription "I'm looking out for you, Bill!"
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: drudge headline - kerry to pull mccain ad Reply with quote

Headhunter's Daughter wrote:
One medium size pat on the back for Bill O'Reilly for bring the "rest of the story" to light on the McCain ad. That still doesn't make up for calling SBVT slimeballs, soon after their first ad came out. I also doubt O'Reilly will ever read the O'Neill book or Kerry's 1st book. Maybe O'Neill should send O'Reilly an autographed copy with the inscription "I'm looking out for you, Bill!"

GREAT IDEA!!!!! I love it.

Uh, oh.... red's not a PC color any more (although it should be for all those commies out there..). Sorry for ruining your self esteem.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: O’Reilly’s unreasonableness Reply with quote

Head says: “That still doesn't make up for calling SBVT slime balls.”

Yeah, O’Reilly’s unreasonable (IMHO) refusal to honestly weigh the Swift Boat Vet’s overwhelming documented evidence, and their numbers & that they’re intelligent, honorable, & decorated vets, not to mention ignoring their free speech, seems irrational.

Here’s my theory: O’Reilly, generally perceived as a Right leaning partisan, is going out of his way, way out of his way, to be “fair,” or to give Kerry a pass on his 4 months/5 medals, because he, O’Reilly, is dying to get Kerry on his show. If it works, I’ll definitely tune in if/when Kerry agrees to do his O’Reilly factor. Then again, maybe O’Reilly’s just being an AH.

USAF, 66-70
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: O’Reilly’s unreasonableness Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Head says: “That still doesn't make up for calling SBVT slime balls.”

Yeah, O’Reilly’s unreasonable (IMHO) refusal to honestly weigh the Swift Boat Vet’s overwhelming documented evidence, and their numbers & that they’re intelligent, honorable, & decorated vets, not to mention ignoring their free speech, seems irrational.

Here’s my theory: O’Reilly, generally perceived as a Right leaning partisan, is going out of his way, way out of his way, to be “fair,” or to give Kerry a pass on his 4 months/5 medals, because he, O’Reilly, is dying to get Kerry on his show. If it works, I’ll definitely tune in if/when Kerry agrees to do his O’Reilly factor. Then again, maybe O’Reilly’s just being an AH.

USAF, 66-70

I would be inclined to agree with your theory.... In the end, O'Reilly IS looking out for himself, no matter how he spins it.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
Headhunter's Daughter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: drudge headline - kerry to pull mccain ad Reply with quote

The more I think about Bill O'Reilly - the madder I am getting. I just sent him an email - which I am sure he won't read. Sad

However, I feel better! Very Happy

Bill,

You are a hypocrite! I nearly fell off my chair last night laughing my head off while you were giving your talking points.

Please let me quote you:
"The Fox News slogan is Fair and Balanced. Fair is defined as being impartial and honest. The Factor has been totally fair in our Swift Boat coverage and the transcripts prove it. I'm proud of what we've done."

Well, Bill, perhaps you might pull those transcripts of Aug. 5, 2004 which show you and Dick Morris were condemning this group before you really knew anything about them. I believe Dick Morris called the ad "stupid and dangerous". And to quote the Factor Flash you pointed out that "Kerry's record is beyond reproach" and "..I just think this ad is terribly exploitative." Somewhere in my memory, it seems like the word slime or slimeballs may have been thrown into the conversation as well. However, I just can't remember what the exact words were.

It just goes to show you and Dick Morris how unprepared you both were and decided instead to attack this group of heroic veterans. Fair and balanced - I think not! I believe you owe them an apology! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: