SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambodia NOT burning down villages the Kerry's turning point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Cambodia NOT burning down villages the Kerry's turning point Reply with quote

Fascinating, that Kerry's so-called Turning Point in Vietnam was being supposebly being shot at in Cambodia.

Not burning villages and shooting animals or other atrocities, but being shot at in Cambodia. A very convenient lie to try and dig at Nixon and appear to be a conscientious warrior.

Now if it were true that the light went on for him in December 1968 and he realized how wrong the war was ---WHY DID HE GO ON TO BURN VILLAGES AND COMMIT OTHER ATROCITIES.

Why wouldn't the turning point be burning down the peasants villages.

PS---How does a guy who was raised overseas for most of childhood have such a Kenneyesque Boston Accent when speaking seventies?
ANSWER: He faked the voice just like he fakes everything else.

PSS I wouldn't trust that juvenile Edwards to sink a bar of soap with a toy boat in bathtub. When I hear him speak about anything to do with the military I think of the kids I grew up with that were afraid to light a firecracker because they go boom.
Hueygunner
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Opposed LBJ in 1965 Reply with quote

John Kerry opposed Lyndon Johnson's handling of the Vietnam War in 1965. Kerry's attitude against the Vietnam War was already formed before his combat experiences in Vietnam.

"I have taken a great deal of criticism since I myself in 1965 took issue with the then President Johnson over his policies. I did what I could within my particular role in the Government to persuade both President Johnson and subsequent political leaders that this was not in the interests of our country."

http://www.c-span.org/2004vote/jkerrytestimony.asp

When I was 17, I moved up to San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury neighborhood during the summer of 1967. A young woman who I knew from L.A. and who I just happened to meet there, gave me a bedroom to flop in. The anti-war protests were in high gear. This is before the 1968 Tet offensive by the V.C./N.V.A. and before most Americans changed their position on the war. I remember one particular anti-war demonstration going through the main street where everyone hung out. There was a flat-bed truck with a dummy missile painted black and some words to the effect about bombing innocent civilians. I watched the parade go by. I noticed the ranks of the hippies swelled on the weekends and dwindled during the weekdays. I realized right away that most hippies were part-timers and they were well-embedded in the system they appeared to be rejecting. I decided I didn't want to be a hippie anymore because most of them were hypocrites. I went back to Los Angeles as soon as I could.

Last edited by Hueygunner on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cambodia NOT burning down villages the Kerry's turning p Reply with quote

BillGremm wrote:
Fascinating, that Kerry's so-called Turning Point in Vietnam was being supposebly being shot at in Cambodia.

Not burning villages and shooting animals or other atrocities, but being shot at in Cambodia. A very convenient lie to try and dig at Nixon and appear to be a conscientious warrior.

Now if it were true that the light went on for him in December 1968 and he realized how wrong the war was ---WHY DID HE GO ON TO BURN VILLAGES AND COMMIT OTHER ATROCITIES.

Why wouldn't the turning point be burning down the peasants villages.

Since i didn't beleive the Cambodia story, i just blew off thinking about it.
But it think you have hit it dead center...

Once he was through getting attention with "atrocities", he pretty much dropped that story.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was also his responsibility to not commit atrocities but to stedfastly refuse to do so. The fact that he states that he only learned about the Geneava Accords after the fact is ingenuous. And all of this together makes kerry Unfit for Command.

Is the left so blinded by their partisanship that they are willing to saddle this country with such an unscrupulous individual such as kerry? Don't they know that this issue will not subside that kerry will be pursued until all involved have perished. Monicagate was just a shadow of what kerrygate will become.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: