SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March 11, 2004 STORY ABOUT STEVE GARDNER (Pre-SBVT!!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: March 11, 2004 STORY ABOUT STEVE GARDNER (Pre-SBVT!!!) Reply with quote

For those who say the TRUTH about John Kerry "is a new story," they can think again. Here is a March 11 story about Steve Gardner. It's the MSM that dropped the ball on this one.

Kerry no hero in ex-crewman's eyes

By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff, 3/11/2004

Steven Michael Gardner served side by side with John Forbes Kerry in Vietnam, was wounded under Kerry's command, and was manning twin .50-caliber machine guns on a night that has forever haunted Kerry -- the night his crew killed a young boy in a sampan.

But unlike many of Kerry's crewmates, Gardner has not appeared at Kerry's side at campaign rallies, and his view of Kerry at war is far different from the heroic view presented by others. "He absolutely did not want to engage the enemy when I was with him," Gardner said in a recent interview. "He wouldn't go in there and search. That is why I have a negative viewpoint of John Kerry."

[rest of the story]
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/03/11/kerry_no_hero_in_ex_crewmans_eyes/
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: The price of freedom Reply with quote

Quote:
For those who say the TRUTH about John Kerry "is a new story," they can think again.

Note this at the end of the article linked to above

Quote:
Gardner said yesterday that he wonders whether speaking critically about Kerry led to his losing his job as a home inspection field manager. The Brinkley story said Gardner "claims he works at Millennium Services." Within hours of the publication of the article on Time's website, Gardner said, he was fired from his job as a home inspection field manager.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Gardner... Reply with quote

Flipper John has no scruples and will do WHATEVER it takes to be king. He will bring ALL of Traysa's enormous wealth to bear on his quest and will never stop. I guess Steve Gardner was the first and Al French was the second. Who's next? Anyone know about other suspicious-looking misfortunes happening to Swiftee supporters?
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve is a great asset. He i s a guy most of us "normal" people can relate to. NO B.S. just tellin it like it is from the gut. He is a true hero.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Douglas Brinkley uses every opportunity to denigrate Stephen Gardner, calling him a bitter malcontent, while inflating the limited 4 month stint of Kerry. You are right guys Stephen is a real American blue collar hero who, as I recall, served longer than the normal 12 month tour. We are not paying enough attention to Brinkley, the quiet assassin, a pathological liar, who like Kerry suffers from narcissism.
joecamp
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Mr. Gardner on a radio interview the other day when he was asked about the Kerry thugs coming after him to dig up dirt. He answered with that old Southern quip: "Let 'em come. I'll be hunt'n that day."

Just Great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: