SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Pet 'Victoria Charlotte'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Kerry's Pet 'Victoria Charlotte' Reply with quote

"Finally John Kerry catches a break. If he play his mouth right. President Bush and his Republicans will be center stage all next week. Already one knows that a Bush supporter like Rudy Giuliani is bound to mention and thus exploit 9/11. To add to the outrage, most every Convention speaker is likely to be a Republican, and have many friends and colleagues who are Republican. Won't that be in violation of McCain-Feingold? Here's where Kerry discipline comes in. If he just disappears and says nothing to remind everyone of all the things he's said in the past, he could enjoy what amounts to a political honeymoon. Still, one issue rankles as none other. Did Lt. Kerry really have a Swift dog named VC? He told the U.S. Humane Society that indeed he did, and that the creature nearly was killed when their boat hit a mine. Yet a former crew member told Hugh Hewitt he could recall no dogs ever being part of the Swift boat world. Indeed, would any self-respecting crew have stood for naming a canine after the enemy? So here's what we left with: Kerry invented having a dog, named that imaginary pet after the Communists, risked its life in a fictitious mine explosion, and then abandoned the unfortunate creature when he rushed back to the U.S. Even Genghis Khan wouldn't have done that." --Editor's Desk, American Spectator

The mention of the story about a female puppy that Kerry supposedly found and named "Victoria Charlotte" that came out during the Democratic National Convention sounded pretty lame to me too. . . right down to the gritty details of her peeing on him inside his coat during combat. . . Geez. . . .

But it's Kerry's contribution of the phrase "like Genghis Khan" back in 1971 that is one that I especially can't stand.

Variations of this particular statement by him have found its way into the ‘mouths’ of fictitious characters in the form of 18-19-year-old soldier characters in at least a couple Vietnam novels and movies. And this particular phrase has been repeated ad nauseum elsewhere as well. I’ll be honest and admit that in my opinion then without self-discipline and supervision (which the 18 & 19 year olds who served in Vietnam were not without), then the average 18-year old male has the potential to be brutal. However, the majority of us, over all generations right back to Adam himself, when we were 18 years old were no where near clever enough to come up with something like "it's what armies do, just like Genghis Khan, man.". . .

So while this may be a cheap shot by the editor, I don't believe that it's an unfair one to have been taken and another one brought on to himself by ole self-inflicted quarter-tour Kerry himself.

I don't know, did the dog even exist? And if she did, then what happened to her when Kerry left Vietnam? The story that I saw was that he supposedly 'saved' her from becoming someone’s future supper. So, did she end up becoming a Vietnamese variation of 'Manchurian BBQ' a year or so after he left anyway perhaps? I suspect that we'll never know. Personally, except as regards to another questionable story of his, I don't really care if the dog existed or not. If she did, and if she eventually became a family meal, then Bone Appetite to whoever may have enjoyed the meal, I say. Smile

And, personally, while I don't believe that Genghis Khan would have given a Tinker's Damn about a puppy, I personally don't give a Tinker's Damn about Genghis Khan. Where the majority of Americans of any period are concerned, then Genghis Khan is absolutely irrelevant to us, except in the vivid imaginations and fantasies of John Kerry and his fellow elites and, unfortunately, in the imaginations of too many formed by this nonsense, back in '71 through to today. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: