SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans, families question Kerry ad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Veterans, families question Kerry ad Reply with quote

Veterans, families question Kerry ad (Some didn't OK use of their photos)
June 3, 2004 | Matthew Sturdevant

A television advertisement for Democrat John Kerry's presidential campaign appears to have violated copyright laws by broadcasting several photos from the Caller-Times book "South Texas Heroes."

Two World War II veterans and relatives of four others say they want to know how photos of their relatives came to be included in the ad, and say the campaign could only have retrieved the photos from "South Texas Heroes," a book published by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times last year.

The advertisement targets Hispanic voters in six states, and features photos of 16 Hispanic veterans, 15 of which were featured in "South Texas Heroes."

The commercial, which is not airing in Texas, was conceived and produced by Armando Gutierrez, who owns a political advertising company, A. Gutierrez & Associates, Inc., with offices in Albuquerque and Corpus Christi. Gutierrez said he borrowed the photos from family and friends of family, who gave verbal permission to use the photos in the commercial.

Shameless John Kerry
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to a more complete story on this Kerry ad...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/3/114333.shtml
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Veterans, families question Kerry ad Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
Veterans, families question Kerry ad (Some didn't OK use of their photos)
June 3, 2004 | Matthew Sturdevant

A television advertisement for Democrat John Kerry's presidential campaign appears to have violated copyright laws by broadcasting several photos from the Caller-Times book "South Texas Heroes."

Two World War II veterans and relatives of four others say they want to know how photos of their relatives came to be included in the ad, and say the campaign could only have retrieved the photos from "South Texas Heroes," a book published by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times last year.

The advertisement targets Hispanic voters in six states, and features photos of 16 Hispanic veterans, 15 of which were featured in "South Texas Heroes."

The commercial, which is not airing in Texas, was conceived and produced by Armando Gutierrez, who owns a political advertising company, A. Gutierrez & Associates, Inc., with offices in Albuquerque and Corpus Christi. Gutierrez said he borrowed the photos from family and friends of family, who gave verbal permission to use the photos in the commercial.

Shameless John Kerry

It looks like a theme is emerging!
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caller-Times president and publisher Larry L. Rose said: "If John Kerry allows this commercial to run, it will show the kind of person John Kerry is. That he allows his campaign team to lift Hispanic faces from a Caller-Times book, to violate copyright, and to violate the individual rights of those Hispanic veterans, is appalling. If Kerry wants to do the honest and ethical thing, let's see if he has his staff get permission from the veterans, from the Caller-Times, or, if he doesn't do that, let's see how fast he cancels his commercial."
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Swift Boat Veterans!

You're making news!

Go to the link provided above and scroll down to this! Very Happy

[b]Swift Boat Veterans: 'Cease and Desist'[/b]

Meanwhile, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has stepped up its efforts to get Kerry to stop a different photo exploitation.

Eleven of the 20 Vietnam War veterans included in a 1969 photo the Democrat candidate is using demand in a letter sent to the campaign that Kerry "cease and desist from all uses" of the picture.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a gas that every time Kerry tries to exploit the idea that he served this country well it turns him on his face.

Kerry should give up his manipulative efforts to convince voters that he is a vet. Anyone that would lie about a wound to get a purple heart so he could go home and then turn liar and shoot all vets in the back is not a veteran in my book. The best he is, is a fraud.

And, people think he should be president. God help us if he becomes so.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder - does the Kerry ad carry the now-standard "I'm John Kerry and I approved this message" ?

Or did Hanoi John conveniently leave that out?
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
I wonder - does the Kerry ad carry the now-standard "I'm John Kerry and I approved this message" ?

If it is produced by his campaign, it must contain that or a similar statement under new campaign laws.

Keith
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:

I just checked out the Kerry website for the video/ad, if the one in question is the WWII titled one in spanish it looks like it's an official ad.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I am told by others that have seen it, Navymom.

So Kerry approves of breaking copyright laws in order to proclaim that various and sundry individuals are backing his campaign.

I didn't think it was possible, but Kerry may be an ever bigger phoney than bill clinton.

The question is, will the FEC do their job and put a stop to it? We sure can't depend on Kerry to do the right thing!
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry should not have used other people to further his sad career
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: