SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ban Us
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Ban Us Reply with quote

Isnt that what they do in China? When people try to partake in a public forum (which this is) we should be able to dispute the facts. Isn't this America? I know dubya is censoring people but come on folks, I can tell I am getting to you. I am spreading the truth. The truth sometimes hurts but soon you will wake up. As for the people who ask when I am going to leave....Here is the answer... November right after I post one more topic...CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT KERRY
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In China, they'd have taken you out and put a bullet in your head.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ban Us Reply with quote

morfdq wrote:
Isnt that what they do in China? When people try to partake in a public forum (which this is) we should be able to dispute the facts. Isn't this America? I know dubya is censoring people but come on folks, I can tell I am getting to you. I am spreading the truth. The truth sometimes hurts but soon you will wake up. As for the people who ask when I am going to leave....Here is the answer... November right after I post one more topic...CONGRATULATIONS PRESIDENT KERRY

You mean when the DNC envelope stops arriving
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record....This is a private forum that can be viewed by the public.
I public forum would be something my tax dollars pay for and last I looked.......That was not the case.
The owner of this site is free to set any rules they choose and enforce them as they see fit.
Your recourse should you not agree with the rules.....Leave
Simple as that.
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong again-

This is public.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well NOW it's official.
See Navy 3 YOU WERE WRONG. I was and now AM being officially censored!
I was being respectful, and trying to further the debate without calling anybody names. I only attacked others characters as they saw fit to attack mine. I do regret a degeneration of the quality in my posts however.
Some of my better posts have been eliminated. Post's that people seemingly were unable to answer to.
I am officially being censored, and as I am under the auspices of the board admin. I must naturally be marginalized.
This is like a microcosm of what happens in the media.

I leave you with a parting link.
www.thismodernworld.com
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ban Us Reply with quote

morfdq wrote:

No, morfdq, in China (or Cuba, or North Korea, or Syria, or pre-liberation Iraq, or Nazi Germany, or Fascist Italy, or Imperial Japan, or in 'Palestine' under the PA .... ), or you'd be imprisoned, "disappeared" or simply executed for speaking out, especially in the tone you do.

In America, you can START YOUR OWN BBS OR BLOG with your own points of view if you want to "dispute the facts" in the inflammatory, rude, puerile ways typical of what's been seen here.

To all: what common access to computers has proven is that this nation is so rich and so free that the creampuff-intellectual demographic is just enormous, and people on the left get to be disrespectful teenagers their whole lives (paraphrasing a recent commentary in the pages of the WSJ).

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong again....It is privately funded by donation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prdCOmom wrote:
"The average estimate themselves by what they do, the above average by what they are."

Excellent quotation.

FDL
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prdCOmom wrote:
Wrong again....It is privately funded by donation.

America Online has a facility that allows the creation of a Weblog (discussion forum) and doing so is free (no cost beyond the charge of AOL ISP charges). There are many other ways to set up BBS's and weblogs for minimal cost.

So, the "funding" of this site, or any other, is really an irrelevant argument that dates from the days when Big Money was a prerequisite for "broadcasting." Those who make arguments about "who funds weblogs" (if not made disingenuously) are indolent and living in the past.

FDL
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:
Well NOW it's official.
See Navy 3 YOU WERE WRONG. I was and now AM being officially censored!
I was being respectful, and trying to further the debate without calling anybody names. I only attacked others characters as they saw fit to attack mine. I do regret a degeneration of the quality in my posts however.
Some of my better posts have been eliminated. Post's that people seemingly were unable to answer to.
I am officially being censored, and as I am under the auspices of the board admin. I must naturally be marginalized.
This is like a microcosm of what happens in the media.

I leave you with a parting link.
www.thismodernworld.com

Buh bye. Door. Butt. You know the drill.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in an earlier thread. This board is not public. If it's public, then I must ask Morph if he sent money to it? No. This board is on the web because the Swift Boat Vets pay for it.

It's the same as if they rented a public hall for us to get together and address the fraud Kerry is. And, in that rented hall, an outsider does NOT HAVE THE RIGHT and FREE SPEECH DOES NOT PROTECT him for disruption. If one disrupts, one can be led outside the building.

Such is the case here. This board is paid for by a group of people. If hecklers like Morph and his cohorts come in and disrupt then they can be banned.

If you don't believe me Morp, read the constitution. I'm sure you have a copy. If not, you can get one dirt-cheap -- at Borders.
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
In China, they'd have taken you out and put a bullet in your head.

Is Tom Chinese or just sending a Chinese assassin do you think?

Morto said:

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:12 am Post subject:

Would someone please tell Craig that a friend of mine from Lodi will contact him in a couple of days. Choice of weapons? He should bring his service medals; they'll be traded for a 9 mike mike kurz full-metal jacket. I wouldn't want to waste a parabellum on him. Better deal than Kerry got, right? He can throw it in the Stanislaus River with his sorry maggoty ass for all I care.
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it see it this board was established as part of an effort to get out the word on John Kerry's true nature.

The board is open, and those who choose to challenge the facts and views posted here are free to do so. They are not free to come in and flood the board with obcenities and personal attacks. By doing so they not only disrupt the board but they prevent both those who oppose Kerry and those who support him from being heard.

It kills any real dialogue, any discourse. That is what caused one person to be banned, that is what caused some offensive posts to be edited or deleted.

No one is saying you cannot post anti-Bush views, unlike boards that are pro-Kerry. All they are saying is that you must do so in an adult manner.
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ3 wrote:
As it see it this board was established as part of an effort to get out the word on John Kerry's true nature.

The board is open, and those who choose to challenge the facts and views posted here are free to do so. They are not free to come in and flood the board with obscenities and personal attacks. By doing so they not only disrupt the board but they prevent both those who oppose Kerry and those who support him from being heard.

It kills any real dialogue, any discourse. That is what caused one person to be banned, that is what caused some offensive posts to be edited or deleted.

No one is saying you cannot post anti-Bush views, unlike boards that are pro-Kerry. All they are saying is that you must do so in an adult manner.

Yea - I notice that Reese and Nolan both continue to respond in relatively adult manner even when attacked with fallacious invective.

If someone posts about a ********, do you suppose it inappropriate to respond with some reference to RepubliCUNT?

Now if someone states what he things of liberals being stupid and evil and nasty in one post I suppose I should not take that personal since I registered independent.
But what if he calls me a liberal in another post. Since I know what liberals are to him I would assume that he is calling me a name and has his own stated definition in mind.
Now name calling does not hurt my feelings at all and I don't mind to play what game that others might begin.
Do you suppose there to be a rule to the game that one should not be more rude or obscene in response to a poster?
Seems to me that could not be the rule because before one starts with the invective or whatever there has been none to merely match. The first person to make insult has already made infinite escalation as would be from nothing expanded into something.

Oh well, I don't mind playing folks silly games but it does get boring when it becomes just redundant.
I was glad my chair had solid back on it when that fool offered to piss down my neck. That was the best laugh I've had at this forum.
His local peers defended that was just Marine talk and was okay.
Is it incorrect to assume then that is example of the level that the folks who figure this group to be theirs would like to play?
Is there a set of standards for the folks who consider themselves as Anti-Kerry and a different set of standards for others who might not agree with the ant-Kerry message or might would test some claimed-to-be truth that somone might present?
I have seen a number of folks refer to "we" and "us" in relation to who they seem to consider as peers and being the ones with the greater right here. I have noticed that some wish to apply some label to myself as democrat or ******** or liberal or whatever.
While I will accept of 'them' people wish to lump themselves as a group I see no cause to accept that they might like to lump me with some group.

Oh well, give a detailed run down on the rules and I will see what I think of them. Is 'respond in kind' to be proscribed?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: