SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Very Special, Very Heartfelt Letter- A Must Read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Support_The_President
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: A Very Special, Very Heartfelt Letter- A Must Read! Reply with quote

I write these heartfelt words in the hopes that it may bring comfort specifically to a SWIFT BOAT SERVICEPERSON heavyladen with the discouragement propagated by those of few thanks. It is to you, and you alone, the SWIFT BOAT HERO reading this letter, that I address these words of sincerest thanks and encouragement. That you may feel the directness of my heart to yours, one person to another individually, I write this very special, very heartfelt letter:

To An American Hero,

My name is Jenny. We don't know one another, but we are both Americans who love our country. I would like to tell you what you mean to me, AS A SWIFTBOAT HERO.

You are the highest ideals held sacred by our Great Nation personified. You are the very definition of what makes our country great, the epitome of Honor and Courage. You give all of your being to ensure Freedom, Liberty, and Justice for the world, not only for the United States. You are the Light of Hope that stands unconquerable against the darkness of despair. Yours are the hands that rip the oppressors from power, even at great personal cost. Yours are the hands that rebuild lives and lands. You are the Heart of American Pride. You walk in the footsteps of the greatest Heroes in American history, and they would all be so very proud of you, as ALL of us are!

You have EARNED the eternal respect, admiration and gratitude of the American people and Liberty loving nations all over the world. I want you to know that wherever you are, you will always live in my heart and in the hearts of the countless masses the world over who owe you so much, forever!

Thank you for being an American Hero, thank you for being MY Hero!

Disclaimer: While I deeply support our President and the armed forces, this sincere letter is directed only and specifically to those brave souls who serve on swift boats, and is in no way meant to show support for our President, our other branches of service, or any other entity.

Last edited by Support_The_President on Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny...

Fasten your seatbelt....rocketing back to TYS Wink

Thanks...

Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: