SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dangerous Secret

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: The Dangerous Secret Reply with quote

The Dangerous Secret...is what Kerry believes now, not what he did then.
The following full article at the NRO link below and the article's short summary below:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kurtz/kurtz200408270856.asp

The Swift-boat controversy is not an ancient molehill turned into a mountain. It's how we're stumbling toward a debate that the Democrats don't want to have — but that everyone knows exists anyway. The real issue here is Kerry's views on war and foreign policy. Kerry is a McGovernite — a long-time member in good standing of his party's dovish wing. Kerry has hidden that fact, but now the truth is slipping out. When Kerry tried to transform his original radicalism into a hawkish parable, those who knew him better rebelled. The ensuing mess has forced the story of who John Kerry is, and always has been, into the public's focus. Whatever secrets his journals and military files may hold, the secret of John Kerry's actual views on war and foreign policy is the more dangerous one — for him, and for us.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People need to see his claims of "send me" were just electioneering hype. When his anti-war stance failed to give him the political power he desired, he turned his back on it and claimed to be the war hero, complete with some shakey medals. However, his own documented words are still out there waiting to turn against him.

"I didn't have any real feel for what the heck was going on [in the war]," Kerry has recalled.

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061503.shtml

Part 2 of the series of articles.

Sen. Symington asked Kerry, "Mr. Kerry, from your experience in Vietnam do you think it is possible for the President or Congress to get accurate and undistorted information through official military channels.[?]"

Kerry responded, "I had direct experience with that. Senator, I had direct experience with that and I can recall often sending in the spot reports which we made after each mission; and including the GDA, gunfire damage assessments, in which we would say, maybe 15 sampans sunk or whatever it was. And I often read about my own missions in the Stars and Stripes and the very mission we had been on had been doubled in figures and tripled in figures.

Kerry later added, "I also think men in the military, sir, as do men in many other things, have a tendency to report what they want to report and see what they want to see."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/8/26/131905.shtml

June 12, 1966, Kerry's Yale Class oration;

"Where we should have instructed," Kerry said, "it seems we did not; where we should have been patient, it seems we were not; where we should have stayed clear, it seems we would not."

"It is misleading to mention right and wrong in this issue," Kerry said, "for to every thinking man, the semantics of this contest often find the United States right in its wrongness and wrong in its rightness." On American power, Kerry continued, "the United States must . . . bring itself to understand that the policy of intervention"--meaning, intervention against communism--"that was right for Western Europe does not and cannot find the same application to the rest of the world."

"What was an excess of isolationism has become an excess of interventionism. . . . And this Vietnam War has found our policymakers forcing Americans into a strange corner . . . [so] that if victory escapes us, it would not be the fault of those who led, but of the doubters who stabbed them in the back--notions all too typical of an America that had to find Americans to blame for the takeover in China by the Communists, and then for the takeover in Cuba."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/514nmhoo.asp

We could go on and on, but it's the leftstream media that should be exposing this to the American public as well.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Current War Reply with quote

How does a man declare himself the main hero of what he said was a mistake?

God help us. Kerry is not cabable of dealing with the greatest threat this country has faced. If Iran gets the bomb; God help us!
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link to the Boston Globe is actually to another article, that is written in 2003. The article you are refering to is 1986????

Could you give the correct link please? Or more specific, I am looking to find the following:

"I didn't have any real feel for what the heck was going on [in the war]," Kerry has recalled.

"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

Thanks,

Jody in Texas
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Current War Reply with quote

EODARMY wrote:
How does a man declare himself the main hero of what he said was a mistake?

God help us. Kerry is not cabable of dealing with the greatest threat this country has faced. If Iran gets the bomb; God help us!

The fact is that unless Iran is stopped, it WILL have the bomb. North Korea is proof of that. Is Kerry the guy to deal with that, his own wife won't even ghet in to a helicopter with him. Some leader.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jojo, the article I refer to was written last year in the Boston Globe, quoting a 1986 article. It is located about one fourth of the way down the page in part two, almost even with the picture of Kerry and his crew of PCF-94. Here is the link to Part Two;

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061603.shtml

The article is primarily pro-Kerry, but the author in supporting Kerry, has included material that further exposes Kerry. I would imagine if you emailed Michael Kranish, the author, he could tell you what the title or availability of the "book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986" is. That I can see, he doesn't identify it in the article, just quotes from it.
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lew,

I just emailed him, although I dont expect him to answer my request. I will let you know if he does. If you find out what the title is before I do, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jody
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lew,

I am absolutely amazed. The man emailed me within minutes. Gave me the information and even his personal contact information. I called him and thanked him for being prompt.

Pretty good huh!
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgivenjojo wrote:
Hey Lew,

I am absolutely amazed. The man emailed me within minutes. Gave me the information and even his personal contact information. I called him and thanked him for being prompt.

Pretty good huh!

Jody, would you please share this information with the rest of us? Thank you.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry is a McGovernite — a long-time member in good standing of his party's dovish wing. Kerry has hidden that fact, but now the truth is slipping out. When Kerry tried to transform his original radicalism into a hawkish parable, those who knew him better rebelled. The ensuing mess has forced the story of who John Kerry is, and always has been, into the public's focus. Whatever secrets his journals and military files may hold, the secret of John Kerry's actual views on war and foreign policy is the more dangerous one — for him, and for us.

EODARMY

An extremely intersting piece. Thank you for posting this. I have to say, though, that I am not sure that I buy the author's premise, as embodied in the quote above. Is it the truth that Kerry is an anti-war dove, or does he just use an anti-war platform (any war, when it suits him) as a political tool? Personally, I question the man's sincerity or even capacity for sincerity, and that would rule out the strong attachment to any ideaology. We've seen how he unabashedly flip-flops over issues, not just war-related for which he has recently become infamous, but over any issue. He reminds me a lot of Clinton who governed on the basis of opinon polls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: