SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A new Kerry Combat incident?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: A new Kerry Combat incident? Reply with quote

(Admin - I accidently posted this at Resources & Research first, I wanted to get it going here)
Everyone, in reading over the 1971 Senate testimony, Kerry starts talking about how unreliable the militia allies were and relates this story:

"I can cite many, many instances, sir, as in combat when these men refused to fight with us, when they shot with their guns over tin this area like this and their heads turned facing the other way. When we were taken under fire we Americans, supposedly fighting with them, and pinned down in a ditch, and I was in the Navy and this was pretty unconventional, but when we were pinned down in a ditch recovering bodies or something and they refused to come in and help us, point blank refused. I don't believe they want to fight, sir."

I don't think I have heard this story discussed anywhere else. Is Kerry claiming that he was pinned down in a ditch, underfire recovering bodies? Anyone, am I reading this wrong, or is this an entirely new engagement that has not been mentioned before?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of or read anything about anything even close to that!

Someone more literate on Kerry will need to respond to this....

another lie to jump up and bite him? that'd be just wonderful !
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: A new Kerry Combat incident? Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
(Admin - I accidently posted this at Resources & Research first, I wanted to get it going here)
Everyone, in reading over the 1971 Senate testimony, Kerry starts talking about how unreliable the militia allies were and relates this story:

"I can cite many, many instances, sir, as in combat when these men refused to fight with us, when they shot with their guns over tin this area like this and their heads turned facing the other way. When we were taken under fire we Americans, supposedly fighting with them, and pinned down in a ditch, and I was in the Navy and this was pretty unconventional, but when we were pinned down in a ditch recovering bodies or something and they refused to come in and help us, point blank refused. I don't believe they want to fight, sir."

I don't think I have heard this story discussed anywhere else. Is Kerry claiming that he was pinned down in a ditch, underfire recovering bodies? Anyone, am I reading this wrong, or is this an entirely new engagement that has not been mentioned before?

Hammer2,

This is another Kerryism -- some truth about a mission. It comes from the SEALORDS mission on 13 Mar 69. Kerry had RF/PF troops early in the day that refused to fight. This is where 1LT Rassmann lost his CO for the NUNG soldiers in a booby trap. Kerry heard a bird fart and dove into a ditch covering his head because he thought he was under fire. The other troops, in digust, finally went ashore and began to flush out enemies while the RF/PF were giving a half-a$$'d effort at beating the bushes. Then the NUNG soldiers entered the fray because they got paid for Vietcong bounties. The RF/PF soldiers then refused to work with the NUNG spouting something about Operational control of troops for the mission. Later, they got into a nasty firefight -- the rest was the mine detonating under PCF-3 and so on... You will see this over and over again. Kerry combines stories to try and make his political point for whichever audience he was talking at.

- instigator
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me Chief.
Stevie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh good grief, this guy is impossible!

worse liar than my ex-husband! and I didn't think one existed!
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief, you have OBVIOUSLY been doing some serious research. Every time I look at a subject, you (NavyChief) have posted extensive details. You are doing fantastic work. You should have been a Marine Very Happy

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenDeR wrote:
NavyChief, you have OBVIOUSLY been doing some serious research. Every time I look at a subject, you (NavyChief) have posted extensive details. You are doing fantastic work. You should have been a Marine Very Happy

Hey, I went to the Marines but the guy just yelled at me Cool

I'm too sensitive for that, so I went to the Air Force but they told me I didn't walk with enough swaying hips Cool

So, I was two pages away from joining the Army -- because they'll take anybody Cool

But then the Navy said, "Hey, ya wanna be a spy" Cool

- instigator
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, I was two pages away from joining the Army -- because they'll take anybody

HEY! I resemble that remark Wink
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
…so I went to the Air Force but they told me I didn't walk with enough swaying hips.

Yeah Chief, as I recall we AF guys often maintained that we were lovers, not fighters … but I sure as hell don’t recollect anything about “swaying hips.”

USAF 66-70
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I sure as hell don’t recollect anything about “swaying hips.

He's a chief. Watching women is a genetic imperative. Something about how new chiefs are made.

Besides, if you've ever watched a swab jockey walk, especially after a year or two at sea, they don't have a lot of room to talk.

I can yell at him, if you want. Just ask me. Please?
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is entirely possible that the RF/PF (Ruff-Puff=Regional Forces/Populat Forces=militia) troops were either afraid of ot did not want to be on any mission involving NUNG (indigenous mercenaries) or the PRUs (Provincial Recon Unit or Professional Recon Unit, i.e. imported mercenaries). The NUNG and PRU groups were difficult to control, got paid by body count (verified by ears), and were not very discriminating when it came to whose ears they got paid for. There had been many instances of the NUNGs or PRUs engaging the RF/PFs for the purposes of expanding their body counts. The US armed forces had so many problems with them that they stopped using them because of the problems they had controlling them. If NUNG forces were involved, it would be entirely possible that the RF/PF troops would chose not to participate.
RogerDraftDodger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: When Kerry Spoke He was every Soldier Reply with quote

In Kerry's mind he was every soldier in Vietnam. He repeated every story he ever heard with himself as the Hero/Victim. And he made up other stories to suit his purposes...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: When Kerry Spoke He was every Soldier Reply with quote

RogerDraftDodger wrote:
In Kerry's mind he was every soldier in Vietnam. He repeated every story he ever heard with himself as the Hero/Victim. And he made up other stories to suit his purposes...

NEXT THING YOU KNOW HE'LL CLAIM HE WAS WITH SEAL TEAM 6
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was. Laughing Very Happy Laughing

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many spot reports can we find where Kerry evacuated wounded that required him to leave his boat and medevac people out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: