SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Father's thoughts on Ronald Reagan

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: My Father's thoughts on Ronald Reagan Reply with quote

Quote:
"To the Republicans, it's always the fourth of July.
To the Democrats, it's always April fifteenth" Ronald Reagan

President Reagan was the greatest president -- by far -- in my lifetime, and, technically, I go back to Herbert Hoover (although I was only a few months old when FDR took over).

It's only been in recent years that we've learned what a fiasco the Carter presidencity was. I'd only thought he was merely a good natured peanut farmer -- who was totally inept. But, a lot of stuff had come to the fore of late that has begun to indicate the deviousness and the total commitment to left-wing causes in which this "man" had immersed the country. It wasn't JUST the double-digit interest rates. It wasn't JUST the double-digit inflation. It wasn't JUST the emasculating of the armed forces. It wasn't JUST the hostages in Iran.

It took us longer than it SHOULD have for us to realize the total MESS that President Reagan inherited. Any LESSER man could NEVER have pulled us out of that morass.

He was the EPITOME of class! The Slick Willies and the REST of that left-wing crowd will have to look it up. When his presidency was over, and he and Nancy were on the helicopter, he pointed out the window to her. "There goes our little bungalow," he said. Class! Slick Willie needed a big-assed send-off at Andrews Air Force Base. And another gala at JFK or LaGuardia or whereever it was he landed. Quite a comparison.

Can ANYONE picture our sainted Former First ***** being so devoted to ANYONE -- her nominal husband or anyone ELSE? It's Class!

And to THINK: In four short years we went from this magnificent man and his remarkable administration -- to Slick Willie/Hitlery/Monica-Baby/Jocelyn Elders/Janet Reno et. al.

He was a CONSIDERATE man. He and Nancy NEVER went to California over Christmas. (Excuse me -- "The Winter Holiday". He always waited till the 27th or 28th -- so that his security detail and the crew of Air Force One and the rest could spend "The Winter Holiday" with THEIR families. Does ANYONE think that Slick Willie gave a tinker's damn about HIS people? Was he EVER on time for ANYTHING? Mr. Reagan's selflessness and his consideration! Contrast THATwith Slick Willie!

President Reagan was the ONLY president who was COMMITTED to BEATING Communism. None of this detente crap! He wanted US to win --and THEM to lose.

And he was a man of his word. Peggy Noonan said, in her book, that the thing that REALLY began the decline and fall of the Soviet Union was the fact that the president FIRED the air traffic controllers! They knew THEN that he was a man of his word! The summit in Iceland was the maraschino cherry on the sundae. But when he botted those self-centered controllers out, THAT got the Soviets' attention.

Everybody portrayed him as a dunce. A wild-eyed cowboy. A poor actor. The media told EVERYONE how dangerous he was "with his finger on the button". I think that -- ironically as hell -- the left-wing media hammered on THAT so often (and for so long) that Gorby and the rest actually BELIEVED it!

Mr. Reagan brought a rare quality to the White House! Class! Even when he was zinging a political opponent, he did it with class. Someone at a photo op -- during the 1984 presidential campaign asked him, "Mister President ... what about Mondale's charges?" The president replied, "I think he ought ot pay them." Contrast THAT with the frothing-at-the-mouth, screaming, outbursts from ALgore, the Teddyboy, Howie Dean, John "Effing" Kerry, et.al.

I'm TERRIBLY saddened today! The country really cannot AFFORD to lose people like Ronald Wilson Reagan. God speed, Mister President.

Michael Reagan said that his father "is dancing with God now"!!!

http://www.top10weasels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
dylar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice. This is the kind of stuff that makes its way into forwarded emails and just gets deleted. And that is sad.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah -- the old boy still has it. He was a Democrat when I was growing up. Nixon was the first Republican he voted for.

Sadly, I didn't vote for Reagan the first time (although I have never voted for a Democrat!). I voted Ford and he lost to Carter -- then I fell for Anderson's line (hey -- I was a young hippie!). I did vote for President Reagan the second time, George Bush both times, Dole, and then W. As much as I like Ronald Reagan -- I've been a fan of both Bush Presidents. Both show the type of class you don't see from Kerry, Gore, Dean, Dasshole, etc. The only Democrat exception is Liberman. I don't believe in his politics -- but he is the only Democrat with some class.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reagan was a master at playing them, unlike others who cringed at the media. I initially voted for him just to get Carter out of office, but willfully voted for him his second term because he was such a good president.

As sad as his passing is, to everything there must come an end. I'll be as proud to cast my vote for Bush come November as I believe he is carrying on that legacy created by Reagan and is for a strong America, not some weakened version subjected to the (dis)United Nations.

Some are already doing their best to denigrate him, actually celebrating his passing. At least Kerry is showing more class than many of his supporters. Publicly, at least.

The 80s brought me much grief early on. Divorce, death in the family, unemployment and such. However, at the end of his term, my life was much better and I no longer listened to liberals telling me how ashamed I should be for being a Vietnam veteran or an American.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Reagan, thank you for returning our pride in being fortunate enough to be born Americans.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: