SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox is even letting them get away with stuff!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Fox is even letting them get away with stuff! Reply with quote

I'm sitting here in London right now and listening to Fox and watching one of Kerry's talking heads talk about how the SBVT are lying about this, and lying about that. How what they are saying is being debunked. I'm afraid this story is going to disappear. Moreover, I'm also afraid this will end up hurting Bush.

Look, I don't like Kerry. Not because of what he did 30 some odd years ago, but what his world view is and how damaging it will be to our country if this idiot is elected. I'm glad SBVT is bringing this to light, but unless they can start making a dent in the MSM, this will just go away and they will be looked at as a bump in the road. Don't get me wrong, I have donated and I will continue to donate because I believe in what they are doing. I'm concerned that this may do more harm than good.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger.ailes@foxnews.com
special@foxnews.com
weekendlive@foxnews.com
FNS@foxnews.com
friends@foxnews.com
major.garrett@foxnews.com
comments@foxnews.com
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

The problem is, all those links are from Fox. Now we all know Fox leans a bit to the right. I'm talking about those knuckleheads on ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN. I know, they wouldn't know a real story if it bit them in the arse, but unless this starts getting traction on those networks, this will go the way of the dino.
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the same thing and I just sent an email protesting this move towards becoming part of the mainstream media. Brian Wilson said everyone is tired of talking about this. If that is so, why is Unfit no. 1 on the bestseller list? He let the talking head say the charges are proven false...where?? this is total democratic spin and Wilson let it go by. I can understand the republican talking head not wanting to dispute the charges, but the media needs to be a fair arbiter-- at least Fox...
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Rupert Reply with quote

Remember Rupert Murdoch gave a lot of moola to Algore Algore, maybe he has throttled his troops?????
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: I'm concerned. Reply with quote

I'm hoping that the ads that are forthcoming cause people to really open their eyes. The MSM will not and are not going to look too deeply into this. It does not benefit them. They are going to go to the mat for this guy because they have to, not because they want to.

I read something somewhere recently that was spot on. If Bush is re-elected, it will be as close to the death neal to the Democrats as anything in recent history. The MSM will not let this happen.

I wish I could do more. Look, let's just say I work for an organization that deals specifically with the Navy/Marines. I would like nothing better than to get intimately involved, but it's too political and would probably cost me my job. There is a case here, just not one I'm willing to risk my life on.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tired of it? It's the job of the media to print or broadcast the news, it's not their job to say when people should be tired of it.
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Mastour wrote:
Now we all know Fox leans a bit to the right.

No.... They just don't lean as far left as all the others. Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Skywatch wrote:
Mastour wrote:
Now we all know Fox leans a bit to the right.

No.... They just don't lean as far left as all the others. Wink

You nailed it. They just LOOK like they lean right by contrast to the alphabet networks.

Take comfort in the fact that the truth is getting out.

The book, this site, the dozens of bloggers who have put countless hours into analyzing just about every word John Kerry has ever spoken.

It's a wonderful thing, this internet. (Thank you, algore. Wink )

The truth is NOT going away, no matter what SS tactics the Kerry Kampf attempts.
Mastour
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks Navy_Navy_Navy Reply with quote

I'm doing my best here across the pond. My blood just starts to boil when I start hearing this crap from the Kerry camp and nobody refuting what they are saying. I have faith in the strategic plan set forth by the SBVT and hope things play out the way they invisioned.

Keep those eyes open and watch your backs my friends. The left will do everything and anything to assure a Kerry victory and they will not care who gets hurt in the process.

And by the way, Kerry could be brought up on charges under the UCMJ. What he did after his brief but oh so heroic tour in Vietnam was done while he was still in the Reserves. Going to Paris? Punishable. Giving aid and comfort to the enemy? Punishable. Conduct Unbecoming? For sure punishable.
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Actually Reply with quote

An academic study ("A Measure of Media Bias") showed that Drudge and Fox were actually the most centrist media outlets. They were almost exactly in the middle.

So, yes, compared to the CBS's of the world, they appear right. But they really are fair and balanced, if we can assume a peer-reviewed, academic study can be trusted (of course, the Left won't address _that_ issue, unless it's to sully the authors I'd wager).

What really gets me is the following. _That's_ where the ruckus should be raised. Anyone want to get this to contacts at Fox?

Quote:

New York Times' donors linked to Kerry Campaign

The network of financial connections between Kerry's campaign and the Times is extensive. Although the Times has an allegedly official “ban” on political campaign contributions, a simple search on “opensecrets.org” reveals that at least two editors in the employ of the Times, Christine Muhlke and Elizabeth Stewart, have contributed at least $1,500 to John Kerry’s campaign efforts.

These are individuals who have direct influence on the selection of stories that run in the Times and its companion magazine - and they are on the record giving money out of their own pockets directly to the Kerry campaign.

At least two other employees of the Times - Alan Flippen and William Usuik - have contributed $1,250 to Kerry.

Alternatively, not a single employee of the Times has contributed to President Bush or any other Republican candidate or organization. This fact, i.e. the fact that influential individuals working for the New York Times have contributed money directly to Kerry, and Kerry alone, is quite troubling and seriously calls into question the objectivity of that news outlet. Further, the financial connection between John Kerry, the Democrats, and the New York Times goes beyond mere employees.

The New York Times Co. is effectively owned and controlled by the Sulzberger family. At least one Sulzberger family member, Dr. Judith P. Sulzberger (who owns, de jure, approximately 5 percent of the New York Times voting shares, or over about 7 million shares), has donated the maximum ($2,000) directly to Kerry (on March Cool.

Dr. Sulzberger has also contributed $5,000 to “Victory Campaign 2004” (which finds radical leftist 527 groups such as Americans Coming Together and The Media Fund) and $20,000 to the Democrat National Committee (DNC Services Corp.). So, in the aggregate, an individual exercising de jure ownership/control over the New York Times Co. has donated in excess of $27,000 to Kerry and other far-left efforts to defeat the president.

The New York Times, in major stories, has used donor-donee connections to call into question the credibility and objectivity of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/8/27/114320.shtml - New York Times has strong ties to Kerry Campaign
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Actually Reply with quote

[quote="directorblue"]
What really gets me is the following. _That's_ where the ruckus should be raised. Anyone want to get this to contacts at Fox?

Here's my post tol Fox.

Date: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:58:19 AM America/Phoenix
To: roger.ailes@foxnews.com, special@foxnews.com, weekendlive@foxnews.com, FNS@foxnews.com, friends@foxnews.com, major.garrett@foxnews.com, comments@foxnews.com
Subject: Bias against swift boat vets

I've been insulted with spin and bias on the Fox new Channel with regard to the swift boat vets. Juan Williams telling Brit Hume on Fox News Sunday that the swiftees have backpedaled, a major error at best, and an outright lie at worst. Brian Wilson saying about the swift boat story that "everyone he talks to wants it to go away", really? Is that why the book Unfit for Command is hotter than a volcano, and people all across the country are talking about this topic? Or perhaps it's a case of Wilson would like it to go away.

The one undeniable fact here is that it's John Kerry and his people that have been changing their story. He wasn't in Cambodia, his first Purple Heart was undeserved, he's the one that fled when Rassman went into the water, and then returned, the other boats never left. The swiftees have not changed a thing, and it's sad that John O'Neill's comments are parsed and restated with omissions in order to disparage what he has said about being in Cambodia himself. Geraldo asks Bill Clinton for his take, what an insult, with Clinton having zero credibility. Geraldo, the well known long time anti-war activist, please cut me a break. Alan Colmes consistently taking things out of context because the truth is not on his side, just see his treatment of John O'Neill.

There are some voices from the other side, but they are stifled, like the end of Geraldo last night when Ann Coulter's remarks were cut off by a commercial. If you're advertise being fair and balanced then cut the spin, and be fair and balanced.

I expected more from Fox News. If we can't get the truth, we sure don't need conjecture to make up for it.

Carl Stone
Mesa, Az
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although never involved in a political campaign in my 56 years, I started posting on the Internet in an effort to defeat Kerry, as soon as it became clear that he had a chance of winning the caucus in Iowa. I closed my business(I'm an independent contractor) and have been on the boards 16 hrs' a day, 7 days a week. I've sent tens of thousands of Emails. many thousands of posts. Thousands of hours of research in replies to posts. And I am no different than many of you.

Don't worry so much about the Main Stream Media. This is the year that the Internet changed all that. Use your keyboard and your knowledge and your disdain for John Kerry. Because you are Veterans or family of veterans, we are respected for our opinion in this matter. Don't waste time worrying about the opposition. Find a voter and convince him. That's what it's about.
MsSpiffy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem and why people are getting tired of hearing it all is that it is still a basic he said/ he said. Gossip is fun but there has to be actual PROOF to the allegations. Not just memories either. I bought the book and am a contributor also but the latest polls show that people are just not convinced In listening to my radio the past week, I have noted to the more moderate are dropping the discussion entirely. Emotions should not have anything to do with it Somehow the records are going to have to be released and seen which proves or disproves the allegations. I believe that Kerry is a real slime-ball but he still (according to the polls) has nearly 1/2 the vote !!
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella

I'd suggest deleting your email address in your above post. You sure don't want to start receiving solicitation letters from the Kerry campaign, now, do you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: