SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam, not Kerry should have reported atrocities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjohnson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Vietnam, not Kerry should have reported atrocities. Reply with quote

I feel that I should know the reason for this concern already so please forgive a possibly naive observation. I also tried some key words in Google (Vietnam government apology atrocities) but have gotten no significant results so far. Google returned mostly stuff about why Kerry hasn't yet apologized and interesting links like this:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=%5CNation%5Carchive%5C200406%5CNAT20040623b.html

It seems reasonable to me that if US Soldiers had really committed attrocities on a large scale in Vietnam, as John Kerry has alleged, that the Vietnam Government would have demanded a formal diplomatic apology from the US Government for those atrocities. But given that I cannot find any record (as of now) of a formal, diplomatic demand for an apology from the USA concerning such atrocities, John Kerry's alleged atrocities concerning US Soldiers seems all the more unfounded - if that were possible.

Also, I've tried to reconcile my concern about reasonably expected diplomatic responses with respect to my very limited understanding of the My Lai Massacre, for example. But that massacre was seemingly well documented as opposed to alleged atrocities that Kerry reported.

Also, didn't the protests from the Chinese(?) against the inadvertent (obsolete map) US bombing of a Chinese(?) embassy somewhere in the Middle East(?) get our attention in the news a year or so ago?

The bottom line is why did John Kerry deliver the "charges" of atrocities against our Vietnam Vets and not, as far as I can tell, the Vietnamese Ambassador to USA, for example?

Somebody please point me in the right direction.

Thanks Again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: