SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon.com (against the Swiftees) is at it again!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lendorien
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible. I've never had much trouble with Amazon, but for them to pull something like this is beyond understanding. Books like Michael Moore's and others have gotten just as much or more attention as this one, and yet, for this one Amazon chooses to suspecnd its policies?

If you do it for one, you must be fair on the application for all, and that includes Bush bashing books as well.

My guess is that with the massive amount of feedback hitting this book, Amazon decided to wash it's hands of trying to manage it (for fear of being accused of being partisan in their enforcement perhaps) and just let it be a free for all. In other words, instead of doing the understandably dificult task of enforcing their policies, they took the cowards way out and suspended them.

Amazon has dropped the ball on this one and by not acting to be fair on both sides, has essentually made itself partisan.
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Some one just told me about this. So is it safe to assume that Jeff Bezos is a Democrat supporting John Kerry?

I believe it is, or so I've also heard.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could also be that Amazon opened this up in order to get more people to its web site. They might view it as just a business gamble, that they can get more sales from the visits to offset the hit to their reputation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: