SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftvet attacks will help Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Swiftvet attacks will help Kerry Reply with quote

Let me start by saying that I will vote for President Bush, I support the Swiftvets effort and I think the Navy needs to take a hard look at Kerry's medals and Purple Hearts. (I'd also like to see him tried as a traitor, but I know that's too much to ask.)

But having said all that, I'm wondering if all the discussion about Vietnam doesn't actually help kerry.

After all, he raised his military service as an issue because he had to give the country SOME reason why he was qualified to be president. Certainly, his 20 years in the Senate, his ultra-liberal voting record and all the other pieces of his life all say that he IS NOT qualified.

So as the debate about his military service drags on week after week, Kerry is getting the opportunity to attack his attackers and quibble about his record. We're all getting lost in the details of what happened, and day by day, he gets away with the biggest lie of all . . . that he isn't qualified to lead this country.

What happens if the swiftvets 'win?" We'll know that Kerry was mistaken about some parts of his records and lied about others. His integrity will be questionable. But the American people (unfortunately) don't seem to care very much about character or integrity. If they did, then Michael Moore wouldn't have been leading the protest parade in NYC today.

Seems to me that by focusing on Kerry's character and integrity, instead of his actual record, we are handing him a key to the White House.

Just a thought.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question has come up before.

The answers ranged from, "At least we're finally getting to tell OUR side of Kerry's 1971 story," to "What, are you nuts?" Wink

Take a look at the favorable impression ratings for Kerry for your best answer.

Since the ads and the book started coming out, Kerry's campaign is bleeding.
JohninTexas
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Navy . . . and I do understand that answer . . .

I just have some real concerns about where this will all go. Except for energizing vets and active duty/Reserve/NG folks (who should all be voting Bush anyway) I will be very surprised if this has long-term impact on Kerry's campaign.

The Swiftvets have not (yet?) made the case that Kerry's lies and half-truths are a predictor of future behavior.
sparky 36
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belive the qoute is something like this. people who do not belive in history are doomed to repeated it. para phraseing ?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, defending against Swifts IS Kerry's campaign! LOL!

The Swifts don't need to make the case that his past behavior is predictor of future behavior.

People are going to read this book and come to this conclusion all by themselves.

After Swifts put their first ad out, a week later Kerry had lost 18 points in the veterans' vote.

We've got to get the word out to all vets and ACDU what Kerry did in Vietnam, what he did when he came home and what he's done to betray the Armed Forces ever since.

If we manage to do that, vets and ACDU ALONE could lose this election for Traitor Kerry.
Sgt Mastrorillo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: The Ads should go on Reply with quote

I believe Kerrys vulnerability is his testimony to Congress in 1971. His words should be the main focus of the Ads. He said the country had created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who only know how to trade in violence. He said that 60 to 80 percent of the men in vietnam were takeing drugs 24/7. If people hear it, and the news media actually discuss. They should conclude that he is indeed unfit to command. As a Vietnam Vet, and someone who was effected by that testimony, I want to see him loose and loose big
Semper Fi
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I wound up going to Vietnam because in 1965, voicing an objection, as I would have liked to have at that point, would have been, I think, a very futile thing.”

and...

"I just could never feel that I was there fighting to save that country, to make it safe for democracy. The only feeling you could have was that you were like the Germans, that you were there occupying another country.” -- John Kerry, Dick Cavett Show

Now he says...

"I believe very deeply that it was a noble effort to begin with. I signed up. I volunteered I wanted to go over there and I wanted to win.” -- John Kerry, Meet the Press, 2001
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You saw the 120,000 in NY today, when we are done those moonbats will be his only votes. There is no way that being proven a traitor by your own actions could help Kerry, no way that being proven a liar could help him, no way that the altered bogus medal citations coming out could help him either. The Sec Nav has declared that they are fake and not his, thus someone forged his trumped up citations. It will be investigated, you can bet your a** on that. Lehman will not take the fall for those documents that we won't let disapear. Now logically either Kerry requested those to be rewritten by a connection in the Sec Nav's office by use of an autopen or the Sec Nav willfully violated the law and altered them risking his career for Kerry who took every stand against the Sec Nav and the military, which do you think it is? How in the hell could Kerry benefit from all this and Bush be hurt. Nobody but the moonbats believe that Bush is involved with us, and that is because he is not!! Kerry's ship is sinking and it is time to call man overboard. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: