SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Craig -- I Know You Could Help The Admins

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Craig -- I Know You Could Help The Admins Reply with quote

I tip my hat to the Admins for taking care of the recent most childish posts. Problem is, since this idiot Saint doesn't have a life, he'll be back.

Craig -- you might suggest something to the admins to deal with this situation. I know you're a level-headed guy and you sure don't believe in the latest antics of Saint. Could you help them resolve this please?
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please do not worry about the recent attacks from people who have nothing better to do. Deleting their posts is a simple matter banning them from the site is also very easy.

Thanks again -

Admin
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin, I know some other boards ban IP numbers, preventing individuals that cause disruption from re-registering constantly with their little games. Not too sure how it's done, but maybe a thought.
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig -- I Know You Could Help The Admins Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
I tip my hat to the Admins for taking care of the recent most childish posts. Problem is, since this idiot Saint doesn't have a life, he'll be back.

Craig -- you might suggest something to the admins to deal with this situation. I know you're a level-headed guy and you sure don't believe in the latest antics of Saint. Could you help them resolve this please?

I don't really know how this bulletin board thing works. I suppose that Admin could block an IP but that would block anyone else from that IP. If someone is on dialup there is new random number (forget what it is called at the moment) every time person dials up again.
Laughing There might even be number that my IP has me still blocked from my email. - I forget what it was I tried to send one time that their bot deciddd looked like spam. I think I tried to "reply to all" of an email that someone had sent to about 45 folks. - I could not get into my email again until I hung up and redialed.

I would guess that best that Admin could do would be if the software for this setup could give alert when a particular ISP is posted and then take look to see if it appears to be some same scamp.
I am only guessing how the thing might work.

Damn! Level headed? I would hate to be saddled with such reputation as that.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig -- I Know You Could Help The Admins Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Bhist wrote:

I don't really know how this bulletin board thing works. I suppose that Admin could block an IP but that would block anyone else from that IP. If someone is on dialup there is new random number (forget what it is called at the moment) every time person dials up again.
Laughing There might even be number that my IP has me still blocked from my email. - I forget what it was I tried to send one time that their bot deciddd looked like spam. I think I tried to "reply to all" of an email that someone had sent to about 45 folks. - I could not get into my email again until I hung up and redialed.

I would guess that best that Admin could do would be if the software for this setup could give alert when a particular ISP is posted and then take look to see if it appears to be some same scamp.
I am only guessing how the thing might work.

Damn! Level headed? I would hate to be saddled with such reputation as that.

good ideas...Thanks for trying.
Craig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Craig -- I Know You Could Help The Admins Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:

good ideas...Thanks for trying.

Forget where it was I think that I forgot to mention that had I some powers of Administrator that there have been some posts I think I would have to ban myself for a day. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: