SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you really want Kerry to get hammered..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: If you really want Kerry to get hammered.. Reply with quote

If you want Kerry to get what he deserves, then I believe that the focus has to be upon his activities post-return. That clearly seems to be resonating among most people, with no one arguing the impact of the POW clips.
Even John McCain has made clear that the anti-war activities are fair game, and this is window that is most accessible for us. With all my heart I am part of this group but if we are to be successful then we really need to focus on that which will bring us the greatest opportunity for achieving that we seek, and it just appears obvious that the treasonous behavior in that venue.
I think the Swifties have brought the attention that is so deserved by them and they have opened this door for us. Now let us all push through it. Let's continue to bring the facts to light. I am doing as much as I can by writing eveyone I can locate but let us also concentrate on the betrayal, as that I believe will really nail his coffin closed.

Go, guys! Exclamation
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Brit Hume, John McCain, everyone but the DNC talking heads and the LLSM (liberal lame street media) agree that 1971 and beyond is fair game.

The only dispute will be over whether the VVAW really had a negative effect and were their positions incorrect. There is an easy answer to this right from Unfit for Command. Kerry testified that only 3,000 South Vietnamese would need evacuated --- but those who fled numbered in the millions.

I remember watching the evacuation from the US Embassy and the people hanging off of the helicopters as the last one left. It stills give me chills to this day.

Do we want this scene repeated in Afghanstan? Iraq? or any other US Embassy in the world?

I remember watching the stories of the boat people. Hundreds trying to cross seas in boats less sea worthly than my brother's little john boat. The idea that people would risk their lives fleeing has a profound impact.

John Kerry --- wrong then, wrong today, wrong for tomorrow.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: ...Kerry Hammered Reply with quote

I agree with drjohn completely. To elaborate, I see three steps to success. First, make sure that all 25 million veterans are registered. Secondly, make sure that every adult American sees the photos, particularly the dust jacket on the New Soldier. Finally, make sure everyone votes.

It's mere icing on the cake that he lied about the skimmer incident, Christmas in Cambodia, the sampan incident, his first day on the 94 Boat, the Rassmann scandal, and finally, the fact that his "band of brothers" rejected him and suggeested that he go home.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Agree! Reply with quote

Agree!
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Several journalists are going after medalgate vith a vengeance now that they smell a coverup. Let them do the lifting.

The swifties should focus on Kerry's anti-war (pro-North) efforts. The talking heads have declared that to be fair game, hinting that:

A. They are tired of talking about the minutiae of battlefield (non) engagements and the he said, she said.

B. They WANT to talk about Kerry's anti war efforts.

Get those POWs on the air again!

I hope others will begin ads focusing on Kerry’s dovish, left wing voting record—something he is loathe to talk about. Has he told you he has three purple hearts?Laughing

Kurt

Last edited by kman on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Battleship Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possible point (maybe previously posted - I haven't seen it)......What has JFK said (if anything) concerning treatment of POW's in Iraq, Afganistan, and Gitmo?

We already know what his testimony did for (to) OUR POW's in Hanoi!

Bob

http://ussiowa.org/
http://holyloch.com/
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree totally. This needs to be a major point. His behavior after leaving VN is totally inexcusable. Going to Paris and North Vietnam and negotiating with totally NO authority to do so, violating the UCJM which he was still bound by as he still owed 3 years to the Navy after he left VN, and then violating the Constitution, 14th Amend, Art. 3, Sec. 3.

I believe that when the POWs come out the next few weeks this will irreversably turn the campaign against kerry, and he will be committing permanent political suicide if he attacks and smears them as he has the SBVT. Those men have sacrificed more than any AMerican's past or present IMO, and as my Dad, a 4 tour VN vet agreed with me, I believe they have sacrificed and suffered even more than those honorable brave men and women who have died to protect and defend this nation. The POWs have the ability along with SBVT to prove that kerry is lying. Because only a fool would believe that hundreds and thousands of veterans are lying, and kerry is the sole beacon of truth. No one with two brain cells to rub together can really believe that.
drjohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, Bob, and here's another post-war question.

Kerry has said that he "lost" the first two copies of his SS citation and that's why Lehman sent him the third. For the moment, never mind that the language is different on all three.

IF THEY WERE LOST, HOW DID ALL 3, INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL, FIND THEIR WAY ONTO HIS WEBSITE
drjohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started a thread on post-war talking points in R&R. I'll take all the help you want to provide.

Thanks! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: