SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday's "Bloom County" cartoon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Sunday's "Bloom County" cartoon Reply with quote

Just got around to reading the Sunday funnies. There's a cute Bloom County cartoon.

FRAME 1: Opus the Penguin is snuggled in his bed, the close door creaks, and Opus' thought balloon says "Yikes! Election time always heast up the ol' anxiety closet!"

FRAME 2: A giant hamster emerges from the closet.

Hamster: Psst! I'm the hamster John Kerry saved from drowning years ago... The one his daughter talked about at the convention!

Opus: Go away.

FRAME 3: Opus has pulled the blanket over his head as the hamster is touching him.

Hamster: You need to know the truth about that day.

Opus: No I don't!

FRAME 4: Hamster has its head bowed on bed, Opus is frantic.

Hamster: It wasn't CPR from Mr. Kerry. It... It was kissing.

Opus: See?! I don't need to know that!!

FRAME 5: Hamster is shaking Opus.

Hamster: Can a hamster-kisser fight terrorists?! Let the liberal media report THAT!!

Opus: AARGH!

FRAME 6: Teresa emerges from the closet, hamster has released Opus, who is flopped on the bed.

Teresa: Fraud! That's not my husband's hamster!!

Hamster: Ignore that loud saucy woman.

FRAME 7: Teresa is holding the the head of the hamster, revealing that it's Dick Cheney in a hamster costume. Opus is holding a tennis racket up in a defensive position.

Teresa: Dick Cheyney!

Hamster/Cheney: Bug off, ketchup lady! This week's our party!

Opus: Back! Back in the closet or I'll swat!

FRAME 8: Hamster/Cheney is trying to open the closet door, Teresa is standing behind him with her hands on her hips, and Opus is back under the covers.

Hamster/Cheney: Door's stuck.

Teresa: Shove it.

Opus: (thought balloon) Lord he'p us!
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one!

It's here:

http://www.berkeleybreathed.com/Images/hamster-GRAB_1.jpg

SOTG
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that one.... very funny!
I have been very disgusted at the "funny" pages lately. Doonsebury and Boondocks were so political and anti-Bush Administration that I wrote to my paper to say I thought they had no place in the "funnies". One Sunday Doonsebury made references to abortion. Way over the top. How would you like your 6, 7 year old coming up to you asking, Mommy what's an abortion? Just what you need Sunday morning. Remember when the comics were for kids.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: