SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just spoke to a bookseller at Barnes and Noble in NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Just spoke to a bookseller at Barnes and Noble in NYC Reply with quote

Called Rockefeller Center B&N bookstore ... they just sold out of UFC.

I asked if she had read the UFC book yet. She replied, oh no ... she had received very bad critical reviews from her fav NY Times book reveiwer and that although Kerry was probably not in Cambodia, all the other claims had been absolutely disproven.

I asked if she wanted to be a puppet of the NY Times critic or did she want to read the UFC book herself and make up her own mind. I offered to loan her my copy if she would read it.

She said "I'll think about it, but thank you for your offer".

That makes me feel young again. Haven't had the Dear John response in years. My wife is a bit more blount that that.
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got mine at B&M a week ago (I had putmy name on a waiting list). I also asked the girl at the counter if she had read it. she said not yet, she bought it by her dad stole it and she has to wait until he finishes it.
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&N at 47th and 3rd, Manhattan has 6 copies left.
Marino
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: If you think that is bad Reply with quote

I was at the gym recently and was chatting with a young black male in his early 20's who commented he honestly believed Bush orchestrated the 911 catastrophe. I am just in disbelief that an american citizen would actually believe such nonsense.
Seems like the soldiers for truth have their work cut out for them. Unfortunately, some of the targeted audience has an agenda to stick with their beleifs and disregard the truth, hopefully fewer in number than those wanting to be informed rather than ignorant.
check out :
http://www.factcheck.org/
good place to get the facts from a non-biased website.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not call Factcheck a very reliable source, they editorialise a lot of their conclusions based on other MSM sources. The article on the SBVFT Ad regarding Kerrys Testimony is one of those. there is little mention of the fact that the majority of the Winter Soldier Testimony came from imposters and wannabes, and other testiomony from at least one Vet who said he was never involved with that group and his name was on a signed affadavit admitting to War Crimes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: