SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time For A Truth Patrol on the Media
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Time For A Truth Patrol on the Media Reply with quote

Misinformation is constantly going unchallenged in the MSM and its time to fight back. Last night Joe Scarborough once again failed to challenge Lawrence Odonnell (spelling?) when Odonnell said that not a single event in "Unfit For Command" had proved to be true. At my couint there are at least three events that the Kerry Campaign has had to either retract or rephrase.

The folks who use this Forum are very well informed and its time to challenge this misinformation campaign. The Swiftees can't do it all with the entire weight of the Kerry machine in fight mode.

I suggest we start building a list of email addresses for the TV hosts and their bosses/networks. Write and identify the specifics of misinformation that goes unchallenged and demand journalistic accuracy.

I know continuing to vent on the Forum makes us feel better but we can do much better by venting to the people who allow lies to get to the uninformed public unchallenged.
skipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Media List Reply with quote

Sounds like a really good idea to me. Please post the e-mail list asap.

Thanks,

skipper
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Media List Reply with quote

For those of you who want to act as a Truth Patrol a comprehensive list has already been compiled on the Forum. Here's the link:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2424&sid=9c04710e9159638ec46347a79c5c15b2

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Mass emailings Reply with quote

Somewhere on the Forum is posted information about Blind Carbon Copy mailiings. They allow you to do a mass mailing but only the address of the addressee shows up in the header, not all the addressees. This would help prevent your email be deleted by the addressee because its a mass mailing. Does anyone have infomation on how to do this? Can it be done in Outlook?

OsanFAC

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Here are some facts Reply with quote

Here are some facts that I've sent out to Fox and Scarborough:

I would like to point out that since "Unift For Command" was published Mr Kerry and his minions have had to back peddle on at least three points:

- Christmas in Cambodia- At least four revised stories that I can think of and not one challenge by any of his "Band of Brothers".

- Bronze Star and who ran away- Even the Washington Post has determined that only one boat (Mr. Kerry's) left the scene of the mine explosion, in direct contradiction to Mr. Kerry's "No Man Left Behind" story.

-1st Purple Heart- Now the Kerry campaign is starting to admit it may have been an self-inflicted wound.

Here's some more specifics you need to think about:

SILVER STAR-
- Citation is for attacking a numerically superior force that consisted of one Viet Cong with a rocket launcher who was already wounded in the legs. Validated by one of Mr. Kerry's gunners who verifed that he wounded the VC with an M-60 machine gun. The gunner passed away in 1997.
- There were already ground troops on the ground off one of the boats and more ground troops on Kerry's boat.
- By beaching his boat he removes one of the Swift boats few survival tools- mobility, and degrades the other- firepower. With the boat pointed directly at the beach and can no longer bring all his guns to bear. By jumping off the boat he is no longer in a command position to direct his boat and once again degrades it's firepower by being in the killzone!
-These are not actions that warrant a Silver Star.
-When Commander Elliott was defending Mr Kerry in 1996 it was because Mr. Kerry was being accused of warcrimes for shooting the VC in the back, not to defend the entire action!!!
-Why are their 3 separate citations for this award now in print. Each one embellishing even more the "accomplishment", while slowly dimissing the fact that only ONE enemy soldier was engaged?

BRONZE STAR-
- Mr Rassman was in the worst position to determine if they were under fire, eye level in the water, dodging what he perceived to be incoming fire. It is my understanding that Mr Odell (one of the Swiftees) was sitting in a gun tub on one of the boats with a commanding view of the entire action. There are at least 6 other Swiftee eyewitnesses to NO return fire.
-There were no bullet holes in any of the boats, nor did anyone suffer any gunshot wounds from the "intense small arms and automatic weapons fire"! They were there for 1 1/2 hours! The river was only 75 yards wide, if they had been taking fire there wiould have been serious gunfire damage done!
-LIES AND DISORTIONS SUDDENLY BECOME FACTS BECAUSE THAY ARE WRITTEN DOWN??? Every Officer's evaluation shows him walking on water, but that's not always accurate!
- The only After Action Report filed for this action was filed by John Kerry! Isn't it possible that extracts from that report (intense small arms and automatic weapons fire) would find their way into award citations when the citations are usually being written by someone who didn't witness the action??? The person receiving the award would not get the opportunity to review the citation narrative. Hence, Mr. Thurlow's Bronze Star Award also citing intense enemy fire! Isn't it possible that each of the awards uses the same After Action Report as a source document, the one written by Mr. Kerry!!! THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE!

PURPLE HEARTS-
PURPLE HEART NO. 1-
-There was no Hostile Fire Report filed for the action in December 1968.
-The Officer in Charge on the boat with Mr. Kerry denies they received any hostile fire that night.
-Wounds may qualify for a Purple Heart even if self-inflicted (unintentionally) but you must be engaged against a hostile force.
-Mr. Kerry sat on the Purple Heart request after it was initially denied in December 1968 and resubmiited it after those who knew about the action were no longer around.

PURPLE HEART N0. 3 (and Bronze Star same day)-
-The Bronze Star citation says that Mr. Kerry was wounded and bleeding from the arm. The medical report says that he was treated for a contusion on the arm, there was no wound or bleeding from the arm and would not qualify for a Purple Heart.
- The Swiftees contend that Mr' Kerry's rearend wounds were received earlier in the day by misuse of a hand grenade to "destroy" rice stocks. He admits this occured in his own book!

Make them look at the facts!
OsanFAC

margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: scaroboro's program Reply with quote

i was watching that program, and did email him twice during the show re things he let Lawerence get away with. I went to msnbc.com and clicked on his program, there I was able to email him. The program mad me so mad!!
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Emails Reply with quote

For those who want to send multiple emails to news organizations/correspondents here's the link for how to send Blind Carbon Copies:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2424&sid=bb47ea90ca28b9d80bf7d3c2b3376e1f

Also, noticed that alot of news addresses are missing from the posted list.
Working on more. Will try including clueless Kerry supporter Lawrence Odonnell (MSNBC pollitcal analyst, HUH!)

RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osan, GREAT post! That says it all showing all the kerry lies. As you get more e-mail addresses please e-mail or PM them to me okay? I'll add them to my list and edit the list I posted in the Media contacts list thread then everyone here can use that same list and blast these people with several of the same news items. Some of them are very friendly to SBVT and won't mind getting multiple e-mails on the same subject from different people, but many of the e-mails on the list are hostile to the anti-kerry people and they definitely need to have the truth flooded at them from hundreds of different people! Smile
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: email addresses Reply with quote

Here's what I'e found so far

[b]MSNBC/NBC[/b]

Joe Scarborough- Joe@msnbc.com

Deborah Norville – norville@msnbc.com

Chris Matthews/Hardball – hardball@msnbc.com

Meet The Press – MTP@msnbc.com

Pat Buchanan and Bill Press – buchananandpress@msnbc.com

Keith Olderman – countdown@msnbc,com

Tom Brokaw/Nightly News – Nightly@nbc.com

Today Show – Today@nbc.com

Don Imus – Imus@msnbc.com

Weekend Today – weekendtoday@nbc.com

MSNBC Management – viewerservices@msnbc.com

[b]FOX[/b]

Fox and Friends- friends@foxnews.com

Sean Hannity- hannity@foxnews.com

Alan Colmes – colmes@foxnews.com

Bill O’Reilly – oreilly@foxnews.com

Beltway Boys – beltway@foxnews.com

Fox News Live – foxfeedback@foxnews.com

CBS and ABC aren't as user friendly to find addresses.

I will post this so its available quickly. Feel free to move post or delete when your list is up as appropriate. If possible see if it can be built into a consolidated Address (already formatted) that can be downloaded all at once. I'm not sure how to do it.

[b]Also recommend that we start to consolidate the list of lies and inconsistencies in Kerry's storie(s) in a single location so that new members can find the facts easier to write teir own emails.[/b]

OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: more ammo Reply with quote

Last week Chris Wallace from Fox was on this kick concerning documentation as a source for the truth. He reiterated it on O'Reilly (Mr. Doesn't get it!). Thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to borrow some facts for their own emails:

Mr. Wallace,
I'm quite disappointed in the way you have handled the Swiftvet story. So I think you need a little help. Particularly since you seem to believe so much in documentation as a unimpeachable source.

- STRIKE ONE- Mr. Kerry cannot DOCUMENT that he spent Christmas in Cambodia! In fact his own "biography" seems to contradict his story. So much for "seared" into his memory.

- STRIKE TWO- Where is the supporting DOCUMENTATION that would be required to support Mr. Kerry's first Purple Heart? He must provide an After Action Report/ Hostile Fire Report to support the fact that his "wound" was due to hostile fire. There are NONE! No hostile fire- no Purple Heart!

- STRIKE THREE- Even the Washington Post has concluded that ONLY Mr. Kerry' boat left the scene of the mine explosion on 13 March. So much for the "No Man Left Behind" Story. How does picking up Mr. Rassman who you may have caused to fall off the boat in the first place merit a Bronze Star?

-STRIKE FOUR - Bronze Star? -It sure looks like the supporting After Action Report was written by MR. KERRY since it is told from the perspective of his boat! That's the SAME After Action Report stating small arms and automatic weapons fire that appears in Mr. Thurlow's Bronze Star! Let me explain something. The Bronze Star citations were written by someone who wasn't there! The only source document (the After Action Report) says there was hostile fire, so it turns up in the Citations. It doesn't mean it is true! You would be surprised at the things that show up in OFFICIAL documents that aren't true! Say perhaps a "V" for Valor on Mr. Kerry's Silver Star (DD Form 214). That can't happen because you can't get a "V" on a Silver Star! MR. WALLACE, THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE, DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE CASUALLY DISMISSING THE INCONSISTENCIES YOU PERCEIVE IN DOCUMENTATION! You would have to conclude that every military officer was Jesus Christ if you ever read their performance evaluations!

THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG IN THE "SINKING" OF MR. KERRY'S SWFTBOAT STORIES! YOU OWE THESE VETERANS SOME FAIR AND BALANCED REPORTING. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, THESE GUYS EARNED AT LEAST THAT!

Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Here are some facts Reply with quote

OsanFAC wrote:
Here are some facts that I've sent out to Fox and Scarborough:

I would like to point out that since "Unift For Command" was published Mr Kerry and his minions have had to back peddle on at least three points:

EXCELLENT -- May we have permission to use and post?

I have one (not as good as yours) and would like to merge some of your ideas into mine.

================================

So far: Kerry: 0 -- SwiftVets: 3 (on admitted points)

Kerry has admitted three LIES since the
book "Unfit for Command" exposed the truth:

1) "Christmas in Cambodia" (four changes to Kerry's story already)

2) "The other boats fled, I went back alone" (Sandusky, Kerry's
pilot, outed him on this one Thursday (8/19/04) by EXPLAINING
WHY Kerry's boat left while the others were working to save the 3-boat)

3) 08/24/2004 After checking Kerry's bio and journal
Kerry's campaign admits "...indeed possible that John
Kerry's first Purple Heart commendation was the result
of an, unintentional, self-inflicted wound."

Honorable mention: Before the book released he admitted to
being at the VVAW meeting where murder of US Senators was
discussed.

Kerry's pilot, Sandusky, explained "why" Kerry's boat did something Kerry
had long falsely accused the other boats of doing (i.e., FLEEING.)

Kerry closed the Democratic National Convention with a story in
which he claimed that five swiftboats fled on March 13,
1969, after a mine explosion and only he came back to rescue Lt.
James Rassman. His campaign now is admitting that he fled and the
rest stayed, before he later returned for Rassman.

Since the publication of "Unfit for Command", Kerry was forced to revise his decades-long contention he
was on a secret mission in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968.

Why Kerry changed the "Chistmas in Cambodia" story FOUR TIMES defies explanation.

Items Kerry must admit sooner or later:

1) No enemy fire at Bronze Star (other than initial mine) -- and while
Kerry fled downstream the boats stayed to rescue the 3-boat for
under an hour without receiving causulties from enemy fire.

2) 3rd Purple Heart was also self-inflicted due to negligence and not under fire NOR at the later "Bronze Star/fish weir" location

3) Silver Star -- fraudulent report claiming he single handedly attacked
an entrenched enemy position and defeated a superior force (one fleeing VC) -- there are 3 different versions of this citations and W. Rood confirmed that Kerry's version was false.

4) Sampan incident killing child -- fraudulent report claiming 5 VC killed and two capture (child's mother and baby brother) and two captured (child's mother and baby brother)

5) Met with VC and North Vietnamese in Paris -- admitted by Kerry and campaign

6) Resolve his claim to have personally committed "war crimes and atrocities" by either admitting he lied or explaining his atrocities explicitly. (Meet the Press and Dick Cavette Show)

7) Kerry needs to release ALL of his military records by executing FORM 180 to publicly release them from archives.

Cool "I remember well April 1968 -- I was serving in Vietnam, a place of violence -- when the news reports brought home to me and my crewmates the violence back home, and the tragic news that one of the bullets flying that terrible spring took the life of [Dr. King]." John Kerry Jan 20, 2003, celebration in Richmond, VA www.vote-smart.org Not in Nam till Nov 17, 1968. (USS Gridley was offshore Vietnam in Nov-Dec 67)

9) .50 Calibre lie within Kerry's war crimes admission on "Meet the Press" in which Kerry claimed this was their only weapons against human beings despite his 'war movies' and testimony that all Swift boat crews had M-16's and other small arms.

Mr. Kerry:
Execute FORM 180 to release all of your military records from the archives

Release your journal

==========================================
Excellent and parallel to mine:
http://www.richardmullenax.com/?page=columns&art=32817
OsanFAC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Email content Reply with quote

Any emails that are posted on this site should be used as ammunition that can be rephrased and sent to other outlets. As I have said before the MSM is trying to bury this story in the mud. Again this morning Juan Williams said on Fox News Sunday that the Swiftvets have no proof and are back peddling on their accusations. That is so far from the truth that we have to shout out the truth. The disappointing part was that Brit Hume sat there and failed to challenge him!

arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Leftie News Programs Reply with quote

I just E-Mailed all the leftie journalists and it felt great. I am so frustrated by the BS they spin. Thank God for Fox News who at least tell both sides. Thank you for posting all the addresses.

Arlene
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Leftie News Programs Reply with quote

I just E-Mailed all the leftie journalists and it felt great. I am so frustrated by the BS they spin. Thank God for Fox News who at least tell both sides. Thank you for posting all the addresses.

Arlene
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be a documentary that carefully positions Kerry's claims against the very solid evidence against those claims. If Kerry had been a rightwing Republican, CNN would almost certainly have put together such a program -- or possibly 60 minutes might have done so.

But the MSM (with its liberal tilt) keeps giving Kerry a pass on inconvenient facts regarding his medals and his activities during the 3 months he was involved in action. Nor do they emphasize important contrasts and parallels, such as the fact that Kerry gamed the system to get a Purple Heart for a superficial wound requiring just a bandaid, that was self-inflicted, while Max Cleland, who lost three limbs because of his wound, did not get a Purple Heart.

We should try to get at a higher level, senior executives at CNN, at CBS, at other news organizations that are "gaming" their own system -- biasing and slanting their reporting in favor of the Kerry camp.

If we could just get Sybil Stockdale to come forward in a news conference to tell about how she and the POW wives were working hard to get better treatment for those in the Hanoi Hilton while Kerry was supply the North Vietnamese with "war crimes" propaganda lies to justify continued humiliation and abuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: