SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hackworth disappoints- again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
learjet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Hackworth disappoints- again Reply with quote

Once again Hack is shown to be a hack. Here's a copy of the email that I sent him:

Hack:

Read your recent diatribe on Kerry it was priceless. Have you read the book? Judging from your comments, you haven't, plain and simple. You are abusing your position as a credible source with your non-researched point of view. Will you have Kerry's picture on the "Fakes" portion of your website regarding Kerry's combat "V" on the Silver Star? How about the Silver Star from the blown up rice cache? Do yourself a favor and research your commentary before you make an ass out of yourself.

Or are your going to pull the Kerry deal and say I can't disagree with you because you're a combat decorated vet?

http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Hacks%20Target.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=85&rnd=375.43957172022067
Desert Storm Vet
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatchettwork is either (1) a disgrace, or (2) an individual who spouts opinions with no knowledge of the subject of the day.

I wonder now that Schachte has tossed his 'kerry experience' in the mix, if hack still has that same position of ignorance he took on 8-16? *ALL* the swifts are of great integriity, nothing he can post can sway thinking individuals to the contrary.
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, he e-mailed me in responce to my "Kerry Stumps his toe" and told me he was in Kerry's corner on "this one", I think he simply is over his head.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems the typical scatalogist. Just fires off opinions like they're a dime a dozen without forethought. He'll look the fool when this comes to a close....speaking of "looks", he reminds me of Dr Smith, the (Deleted by Admin) wimp from 'Lost in Space'. He might be related somehow....
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Hack mouth Reply with quote

Hackworthless was once the golden boy at Fox but even they got fed up with his Kerry-like self promotion. He just couldn't contain that macho, "damn the torpedoes" hero talk as he continually referenced his combat moments.

Hack is just another of one those warriors who is lost without a war to fight. The spotlight has moved away from him because we tired of listening to the "hero at the bar" keep repeating the same old war stories.

Give it a rest, Hack. You served and did your time......along with millions of other good men and women.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost all respect for Hackworth....He parrots the democrat media attack.
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He went over to the other side long ago and I'm not talking about the Democrats. He hunted for medals even harder than Kerry.
learjet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's his reply to me, notice he didn't read the book "Investigative Journalists" did:

Thx. Investigative journalists have blown the Swiftees out of the water.

Vote for whomever you chose but please don't insult the honor of we WHO
FOUGHT IN VIETNAM.

Hack

"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war,
no matter how justified, shall be directly Proportional to how they perceive
the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation"

George Washington

VIETNAM PRIMER

An updated version of the VIETNAM PRIMER is now available. Please check the
website http://www.hackworth.com/ for ordering instructions.

Check out my website for the latest on my new book STEEL MY SOLDIERS'
HEARTS.

http://www.hackworth.com/

http://www.sftt.org/
Desert Storm Vet
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hack sounds like Kerry to me.

Looks to me like they think that a chest full of medals makes you a hero. That's not true. It is the actions you take which makes you a hero. Pin a bunch of medals on a coward he is still a coward. Real heros don't hide behind their medals.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Investigative journalists have blown the Swiftees out of the water.

FOUGHT IN VIETNAM.

Exactly which "investigative journalists?" It seems to me that every investigative journalist that actually read the book, like Brit Hume, have come away with a new respect and a completely different opinion of the controversy. Only the completely oblivious or ignorant (or both) could ignore the case the SBVT make.

By his statement, Hackworth admitted that he could not be bothered to read the book, and hence, is, if you will pardon the pun, a political hack for Kerry.

The only person dishonoring Vietnam vets is Kerry, and now, Hackworth. And every damn "investigative journalist" who couldn't take the time to research the opposing opinion, even though it is in one, easy to read, relatively short book. How many read Moore's fantasies? The books of both Clintons? Even Kerry's books? Yet not one will admit they could make the effort to read Unfit for Duty.

Sounds like plausible deniability to me!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Hackworth wrote:
FOUGHT IN VIETNAM.

Hack

Hack, that's already been done. How about John Kerry's diatribe at the Senate Hearings on April 22, 1971. It can't get any worse than that. If that didn't bother you then and doesn't bother you today I have a real problem with your sincerity.
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hack went downhill when that wacko female colonel in the pentagon, the one whose name starts with 'K', ands with 'ski' and has lots and lots letters in between, started feeding him the whole 'neo-con conspiracy' crap.
superconduct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it is worth re: hackworth, I remember some scandal he was involved in where he was investigating false medals, and was found to be doing a bit of glory houding himself. I searched but could only find this, have no way of verifying:

http://www.airborne-ranger.com/ranger/wannabees/Hackworth.html

From the same site some further info:

http://www.airborne-ranger.com/ranger/wannabees/Bahnsen.html

In addition, I think it is a bit ironic, but check out what I perceive to be a double standard in the way he regards Ollie North's medals/service when Ollie was running for Senate, versus his current take on Kerry:

http://www.airborne-ranger.com/ranger/wannabees/OllieNorth.html

Anyway, just a fwiw, I happen to appreciate some of the thinks he has said, I guess I would agree you need to listen to about 50% and chuck the rest.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learjet,

I got the exact same response as you did, word for word.

I've already had a post in this thread edited by the admin, so I better not come out and say Hack is a (non-thinker). His replies are set to auto- respond, obviously. No thought given to it at all. In fact his replies had little to do with the content of my letter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: