SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCCain on Hannity NOW
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: MCCain on Hannity NOW Reply with quote

McCain on Hannity right NOW.

McCain said it is legitimate to ask Kerry about the atrocities he said he committed.

Exclamation
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senator also said he wants the "reopening of veterans' wounds" to stop; he wants the topic of Vietnam service off the table. Unfortunately, Sean didn't ask him whether Kerry helped create those wounds in the first place.

Sean did get him to admit that it's the Swiftvets' right to speak their piece, but then he kept wishing that all of this unfortunate free speech would just stop.

Rolling Eyes
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannity's pushing harder now after the break. Very Happy
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain is buckling a little...I hope he stays the course.

McCain has a lot of personal skeletons in his closet and has to walk a tightrope on a lot of issues.
Interested
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain is pushing this in a good way IMHO

The medals and other related issues will resonate more with the military and veteran's groups...the ads so far have energized that community to at least consider the issues...

Kerry's after-war activities will resonate more with non-military types than the (supposed) minutae of medal citations etc.

To call that (the VVAW and senate testimony) into question is the logical next step in showing Kerry's lack of fitness for President. Let alone being a Senator.

all that has hapenned so far with the ads will come into play to question his credibility in any response to the treason charges

edited to correct loust typing skills
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain's done. The most important thing he said is that a full attack on Kerry's 1971 testimony and his V V A W activity is definitely fair game and should be the subject of continued pressure and probing.
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
The Senator also said he wants the "reopening of veterans' wounds" to stop; he wants the topic of Vietnam service off the table.

He's really getting on my nerves. Who the hell does he think he is making this decision for everyone? It's not like he's the only vet in the country!
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
The Senator also said he wants the "reopening of veterans' wounds" to stop; he wants the topic of Vietnam service off the table. Unfortunately, Sean didn't ask him whether Kerry helped create those wounds in the first place.

Sean did get him to admit that it's the Swiftvets' right to speak their piece, but then he kept wishing that all of this unfortunate free speech would just stop.

Rolling Eyes

There is nothing wrong with opening old wounds that have never healed. It has been over 30 years since the collaborator sat in front of the world and created a picture of the Vietnam Veteran as butcher, baby killer, rapist and barbarians.

The collaborator went on to support the far left, the hate America first left, the blame America first left and radicals who would change our country into a nanny state subordinate to the UN.

I believe that John Kerry has to be held accountable for his life.

Some wounds will not heal until the cause has been confronted. Sometimes revenge is the only cure. John Kerry has become bigger than life but not in the way he expected. He represents the betrayal of the Vietnam Veteran.

One person who wrote to this list stated more or less that the only apology from John Kerry can make will be his concession speech. Then at that moment he will feel the rejection and anger of all the people he betrayed. I agree with that sentiment.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain is entitled to his opinions. It is evident that he harbors a great deal of anger toward Kerry's speech in 1971 (McCain WAS a POW a the time). He is trying valiantly to run from the pain and I believe he is sincere in his opinion.

I don't believe that the majority of vets agree with him. There comes a time the actions that Kerry took after the war must be accounted for and a punishment extracted.I don't personally expect the vets to be able to even begin the process of healing from that betrayal until the perpetrator gets his due.

Kerry's patrician arrogance still, to this day, prevents him from comprehending the heinousness of his acts. He still believes he was right. There is a world of difference between the constitutional right of private dissent to sedition and treason that provides aid and comfort to the enemy during a time of war.

The time has come for Kerry to pay the price.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostonian wrote:

He's really getting on my nerves. Who the hell does he think he is making this decision for everyone? It's not like he's the only vet in the country!

Not just yours. I really hate to see some conspiracy afloat in McCain's remarks, but I've had a problem with his attitude over this from the start. McCain appears only grudgingly to accept the case against John F-ing Kerry, and then with caveats. And, I have NOT noticed that he has been appointed spokesperson for the Viet Nam vets. He obviously knows that the POW documentary is on it's way, and it's in his best interest to get on board ahead of that.
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Hannity asked McCain whether John Kerry was ever quoted to him in prison. He said no.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bostonian wrote:
Scott wrote:
The Senator also said he wants the "reopening of veterans' wounds" to stop; he wants the topic of Vietnam service off the table.

Frankly I understand his reaction...but do not agree with him. He's like almost all other former POW's who want the memory of the experience to be distant and hazy.

His problem is that he cannot empathize with the "little people" who see a Kerry who trashed them, their service and their pain, nor, for some reason, can he acknowledge that many, many vets have had the old wounds reopened by Kerry's unequalled arrogance and belligerence.

I suspect, however, that he won't be a major problem as this effort goes forward.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first became involved in this forum, I was of the opinion that he could have his medals. My real problem with Kerry was his post war history.

Gradually I came to realize that the only way to break the barrier put up by the media was to hit Kerry where he lived...his wartime service. By doing that, it would enrage him to the point that he would openly challenge Swiftvets.

Without challenging his war record first , Swiftvets would still be toiling away in the media blackout.

Now Swiftvets has to stay after him on both levels. The war record because legitimate concerns have been exposed and it reveals his true character. The post war record because the honor of the Swiftvets and all other Vietnam veterans demands it.

Last edited by carpro on Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
BTW, Hannity asked McCain whether John Kerry was ever quoted to him in prison. He said no.

I believe McCain is being evasive here. I think I read somewhere that the statements anti-war protestors made were repeated to him, but no names were mentioned.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
Scott wrote:

I believe McCain is being evasive here. I think I read somewhere that the statements anti-war protestors made were repeated to him, but no names were mentioned.

I believe you are right.

McCain needs to keep Kerry close for political reasons and if McCain answered YES to that question, it would create a major, and probably permanent, schism between McCain and Kerry.

Notice that Hannity didn't pursue that question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: