SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why would the Demo's pick Kerry to run
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Why would the Demo's pick Kerry to run Reply with quote

I believe they picked John Kerry for several reasons.

1. Having a defeatable Democrat like Kerry, ensures NO re-election in 2008. Hence, Hiliary can just waltz right in and save the day.
2. By picking Kerry, the Demo's will "see their ways" and try to reform themselves. Again, Hiliary to the rescue in 2008. With a new spin.
3. By concentrating on Kerry, the Senate and Congressional races are barely being touched. Again, a few seats here and there, they control both houses and Bush is basically dead-locked for the second term.
4. They [Demo's] realize that's it's hard if not impossible to change the Presidency during a war, therefore they look to the future. They figure they can bide their time and eventually they will get what they have coming to them.

Just a few thoughts.

Steve Christensen

Steve Christensen
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have long held the view that Kerry is meant to lose, to clear the boards for Hillary.

Lately though, I have begun to wonder if they are institutionally capable of planning that far ahead. I have no doubt the Clinton's are, but I'll tell ya... It speaks volumes about the current state of the democratic party that the CLINTON'S seem more professional by comparison.
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Hillary in 2008 Reply with quote

I completely agree and fully expect to see Bush get re-elected and Hillary run in 2008. Kerry is terrible but Hillary is worse and we will have our work cut out for us to defeat Hillary in 2008!
Sincerely,
Robert K. Tucker
RMCS USN (Ret.)
MACV-SOG 1969-1970
PCF's and PTF's in "I Corps"
Porsche944
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always thought that whoever the Dems picked would loose for the simple fact that "Her Highness" was not in a position to run until at least '08.

Gore was given the nod in '00 as a reward for the previous 8 years with the hope that he could beat the GOP's man, and then turn things over to "Her Highness".

The scary part is, if Kerry wins, there is no need for Hiliary to run, and if Kerry doesn't "screw the pooch", Hillary could run in '12.

Can you imagine what 16 years of rabid liberalism would do to this country?

Remember what "the Peanut Farmer" did? Aerospace engineers layed off and pumping gas or flipping burgers after he canceled the B-1 bomber and several other projects, taxes and inflatin through the roof, and the Iranians stormed the embassy is Teheran?

Thank God for Ronald Regan!
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakona wrote:
I have long held the view that Kerry is meant to lose, to clear the boards for Hillary.

Lately though, I have begun to wonder if they are institutionally capable of planning that far ahead. I have no doubt the Clinton's are, but I'll tell ya... It speaks volumes about the current state of the democratic party that the CLINTON'S seem more professional by comparison.

The Clintons are absolutely capable of such planning. Look and see who is getting all the facetime, it isn't Kerry, it's her majesty Hillary. Even John Edwards was whining yesterday about the crowds, or more correctly the lack of them, he has to play to.

Look at Slick Willy's record. The man got away with murder, figuratively, if not literally.

We're going to need somebody who can beat her in 08. Another Reagan type. I don't see him out there, other than Jack Kemp, and he isn't really out there. But I like him.
Any time. Any place.
CVAN-65 and VA-196
The Big "E" and The Main Battery
Porsche944
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a bad feeling about the Clintons from the very beginning, and I voted against "Slick Willy" (a nick-name he absolutely hates, so I use it every chance I get!) twice.

Unfortunately my wife and step-son are not given to voting based on character, so I'm always over-trumped.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is actually simpler than all the Clinton conspiracy stuff. The bulk of the Dems delegates are left wing. ALL of the candidates for the Dem nominations that remained viable thru the convention competed with each other to be more anti-war and anti-Bush than the rest; note how quickly Joe Leiberman and Ewards, who both supported the Iraq war, went down. Dean only flamed out when it became apparent that he was unstable.

Their may be an element of plotting for Hillary as she would definately NOT be able to compete against a sitting wartime president, but I also don't think she will ever be elected as she is so VERY nakedly power hungry; the general public doesn't LIKE her and one has to be likeable to have a serious shot at the WH. Maybe in another 8 years when alot has been forgotten, but if she runs alot of her past will be brought back up, including her work for pro-Communist organizations in the 60s and her "co-presidency" meddling and power trips of the Billary years.

This is a party that is enthralled to the hate Bush, anti-war leftist and Communist remnants of the Cold War. That is their base and they play to it. They only put on the War Hero costume at their "convention" which was actually more of an infomercial directed at fooling undecideds and veterans that they were more centrist than they actually are.

Note that the pro-war stuff didn't excite the Dem delegates; they got pumped when Al Sharpton and Ted Kennedy came on to rip Bush, not when speakers showed support for the troops. Note that Michael Moore sat next to Jimmy Carter (who never has met a Communist dictatator that he didn't embrace) in a place of honor and no one thought twice about it in the MSM or the convention. This is telling.

They are the party of MoveOn, ANSWER, Not In Our Name, the Ruckus Society, Michael Moore and all the other left wing kooks that hate America more than they hate Islamikazi terrorists. These are also the heirs of the 1960s Communist led anti war movement. This also is telling.

John Kerry reflects that, so he is their man. They expected to ride a wave of Bush hatred into the WH and thought they had it sown up after their convention. But now they have been exposed by the New Media; internet (thanks SBVT) and bloggers.

How else can their free fall in the polls be explained?
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Why the Dems want Kerry Reply with quote

I am one who believes that either Rudy Giuliani or John McCain would clean Hillary's clock if they were to run in 2008. A NYT poll recently revealed that most respondents feel that the Clinton administration failed to do what was necessary to prevent 9/11. The case could easily be made that Hillary was an integral part of the policies made while Slick Willy was in office. Besides, I think if Bush gets another four years, some things are going to happen that will put Republicans in even a better position for 2008.
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These thoughts are interesting but off the mark in that we are trying to expose a liar who is trading on lies about his military experience for personal gain.
To the subject, however, I add my conjecture that Kerry will not be the candidate come election day but will resign and be replaced with Senator Clinton.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible for them to do that, switch candidates. It might be a first, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Steve Christensen
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: dems logic Reply with quote

Your giving them to much credit, they are much simpler than that.
Kerry has "good" hair and hes not W.

You cant always get what you want
RStauch
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec wrote:
Is it possible for them to do that, switch candidates. It might be a first, but I wouldn't put it past them.

They did it when Senator Torracelli's campaign went south. Remember that? It was just a couple of years ago. The polls started looking so bad after the primaries (because he was so corrupt), they swapped him for someone they thought had a better chance. They went to court about it, and the New Jersey state Supreme Court (if I am not mistaken) legislated from the bench a "right" of the people to have a viable choice. That is, they agreed that, when a Democrat is losing in the polls, it is okay to replace him with a candidate that is more likely to win.

Why not with Kerry? They selected him because his Viet Nam, and post Viet Nam record is so likely to sabotage his campaign, they will be able to come to the conclusion that he is not viable, so they can use the New Jersey precident to replace him.

It is as likely as anything with these Democrats, if you think about it.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then is a perfect setup. Dump Kerry and have Hilary as the replacement.
She's the only viable candidate that could, and with little time to expose her, as we know what she really is.
She said that she wouldn't run, but if it's made to appear that she's doing it for the good of the party and country. She could slip in. It does make one wonder. I was flipping thru the channels last night and she was on [I believe] MSNBC, she looked like she was waiting [biding her time] with her answers to Tim Russert.

Steve Christensen
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RStauch wrote:
stevec wrote:

They did it when Senator Torracelli's campaign went south. Remember that? It was just a couple of years ago. The polls started looking so bad after the primaries (because he was so corrupt), they swapped him for someone they thought had a better chance. They went to court about it, and the New Jersey state Supreme Court (if I am not mistaken) legislated from the bench a "right" of the people to have a viable choice. That is, they agreed that, when a Democrat is losing in the polls, it is okay to replace him with a candidate that is more likely to win.

Why not with Kerry?

Because fortunately the Federal Supreme Court is not in the Dems back pocket, like New Jersey's is/was.
Any time. Any place.
CVAN-65 and VA-196
sore loser
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Why the Dems want Kerry Reply with quote

Jerry M wrote:
I am one who believes that either Rudy Giuliani or John McCain would clean Hillary's clock if they were to run in 2008. A NYT poll recently revealed that most respondents feel that the Clinton administration failed to do what was necessary to prevent 9/11. The case could easily be made that Hillary was an integral part of the policies made while Slick Willy was in office. Besides, I think if Bush gets another four years, some things are going to happen that will put Republicans in even a better position for 2008.

I definately could get behind Rudy. I have a harder time with McCain. I'd have to see more of him.
Any time. Any place.
CVAN-65 and VA-196
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: