SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat - October Surprise?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WallaceNails
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Swift Boat - October Surprise? Reply with quote

http://www.tothepointnews.com/article.php?id=406&i=

Quote:
AL JOLSON IN OCTOBER
TTP Intelligence Bulletin
Dr. Jack Wheeler
Thursday, August 19, 2004

All indications are that the Swiftees’ offensive against Hanoi John is severely damaging the Kerry/Edwards candidacy. The television ads by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and the #1 bestseller on Amazon, Unfit For Command, have credibly assaulted the basis for Kerry’s campaign: that his self-proclaimed status as a “war hero” during 4 months in Vietnam qualify him to be President of the United States.

However… in the famous words of Al Jolson: “You ain’t heard nothin’ yet.” The Swiftees have prepared an October Surprise for Hanoi John that is going to blow his candidacy out of the water. I can’t tell you what it is, but I can tell you the television and radio ads have already been taped, and they are going to have an impact like an elephant sitting on a donkey.

The Swiftees have three things in abundance: money, brains, and balls. They know exactly how to go for the jugular, they have the dough to do it, and they are saving their best shot for last. The Democrats will not know what hit them and will not know how to retaliate. Get set folks. The Kerry Train Wreck is not going to be a pretty sight.

Could this be some foreshadowing of this October Surprise?

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=4835

Quote:
...You mentioned that you interviewed now Rear Admiral William Schachte. [In Unfit for Command. Schachte is described as being on a Boston Whaler with Kerry on Dec. 2, 1968, when Kerry, according to the book, fired a grenade into the shore from too-close range and was slightly wounded in his arm by rebounding shrapnel. Although there was no enemy fire that night, according to Unfit for Command, it was this incident, witnessed by Schachte, for which Kerry received his Purple Heart.].

On that same August 12 Crossfire program, Lanny Davis said in an exchange with you on that issue that Schachte was not on the boat and your claim that Schachte was on the boat is false.

O' NEILL: I am absolutely certain that Schachte was on the boat. I know it from multiple sources. First of all, I know it from Rear Admiral William Schachte himself, the former acting Judge Advocate General of the Navy. Secondly, I know it from other crewmen who were available to testify that Schachte was on the boat. Third, I know it from the commanding officer of the unit, Commander Grant Hibbard, who detached Schachte for the purposes of commanding the boat.

Is Schachte willing to come forward and speak publicly about what he told you when you were researching this book?

O' NEILL: I believe that Admiral Schachte will ultimately come forward at his own time and own his own pace to testify publicly about exactly what happened.

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, this is gettin good.My wife thinks I'm nuts spending all this time online, but how can I leave when its just starting to get good Twisted Evil
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hubby complains about how much time I am spending on-line also...I just have this deep disgust for John Kerry and as I learn more about this...(I am sorry I do not mean to insult you guys) man I find myself wondering what the heck is wrong with the the people who support him. But then again I think most are just so against Bush that they would vote for Satan himself rather then Bush.
Wayne_Fielder
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Kerry Meltdown Reply with quote

I've been telling my buddies that Kerry will implode ever since he became the golden child of the DNC. At that point the Swiftees hadn't come forward yet so I didn't know exactly HOW he would implode but something about his smug arrogance and the fact that he had NOTHING to offer in the way of positions or plans for the future...aside from running all American foreign policy through the French UN.

If the good Rear Admiral comes forward in October the DNC will smear him in the most cruel way possible. I sincerely hope he has cleared his calendar for October. He will need to be on every TV and Radio program he can find to defend himself.
and of course the ubiquitous MCP...I'm so ashamed. Wink
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry does not defend himself, he sends his "people" to do it for him.
I keep wanting to say to him, it is just like going to the dentist, the
sooner you go, the better it will be" with respect to his not getting out
there and answering the many, many guestions that really need to be
answered.
So far, his "people" have not done to well against the Swiftvets.
I wonder if any of the Swiftvets have been approached by any of the
MSM to speak, what are the odds? Wink
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might just have to break down and buy a lap top...carrying this 20 inch monitor and Dell CPU tower around looking for an electric outlet is beginning to hurt my back.

Can I get a PH for that?
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Summer and fall fun! Reply with quote

I think a lot of us realized as soon as candidate Kerry started his presidental primary campaign talking about Vietnam that we would be in for a fun summer and fall. Very Happy

After all, he got away with using it for 20 years in Massachusetts. I think after all that time he actually believes the lies he's been telling.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I seem to recall that Dr. Letson (who again IIRC is a registered Democrat) tried desperately and vainly to warn his fellow Democrats that Kerry was fatally damaged goods. The DNC wouldn't listen.

Truth is Beauty
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with you. By October, the Kerry folks will be in such a state of disarray that they won't be able to smear Schachte. Look at what the Swiftvets have done - in April they had a press conference, sort of a "hey, we're here" thing that was hardly even covered by the press. Immediately after the DNC, out comes ad number one, and a prairie fire is lit. Then the book is released, and the fire turns into a raging inferno. Before Kerry can even protest those events, a second ad comes out, and the Swiftvets story has achieved 40% penetration nationwide! That is nothing short of incredible penetration for an ad that only aired in three states (oh, and on the Internet too Very Happy ) - I'm willing to bet that they haven't even played their ace yet, and by the time they do, the Kerry campaign will be in full retreat.

In the past three weeks, this story has totally and completely dominated the news - and that's with the MSM ignoring it completely for the first two. Why are they covering it now? Because Kerry "learned 30 years ago to turn [his] boat into enemy fire" - the greatest irony of all. The same stupid move that could have cost him dearly 35 years ago is costing him dearly now. Kerry made this a story the MSM could no longer ignore when he said "Bring it on!"
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Kerry will even make it to October.

Zell Miller
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

Don't bet on it. Kerry is too arrogant, proud, and stubborn to resign now and if he did the Democratic party would be looking at a wide spread electoral meltdown rather than simply losing the presidency.

No. Kerry will remain (unless indicted which is a real possibility), but if this keeps up for another two or three weeks, Kerry will be persona non-grata within the DNC

Truth is Beauty
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think i have done anything except seat here all day, reading and posting messages about this stuff. The only time that i was so excited about anything in recent times was when the soap opera in Florida.

This is getting good and there is more coming boys.

Just listen to this... http://www.kevgillett.net/images/Kerry%20VVAW.jpg

My wife could not believe that that was his voice. I had to actually show here many other things that this lunatic liberal has said in the past about our brave men and women in uniform.

THE ANALOGY ABOUT AN ELEPHANT SEATING OVER A DONKEY WAS GOOD Twisted Evil
jfnk
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Chuck,

Don't bet on it. Kerry is too arrogant, proud, and stubborn to resign now and if he did the Democratic party would be looking at a wide spread electoral meltdown rather than simply losing the presidency.

Kerry could develop "health problems" and quit. I wouldn't out anything past the Dems. I am sure it is being discussed. It worked for them in New Jersey.

I know nothing like this has ever happened in pres. elections, but I think Kerry is dead, and the Dems are desperate to win.
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think i have done anything except seat here all day, reading and posting messages about this stuff. The only time that i was so excited about anything in recent times was when the soap opera in Florida.

This is getting good and there is more coming boys.

Just listen to this... http://elarrebato.com/Kerry2.mp3
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont think i have done anything except seat here all day, reading and posting messages about this stuff. The only time that i was so excited about anything in recent times was when the soap opera in Florida

I have to laugh this is my first real day on these forums and I look at the clock and I have been at it for a good 6 hours and havent done a thing Shocked

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: