SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to move on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Time to move on? Reply with quote

The issue of Kerry's awards and service in general while in Vietnam can be debated until well after the November election. What is not debatable are the facts of Kerry's conduct as an enemy sympathizer and the effect his actions had on his fellow servicemen and POW's. If the focus is shifted almost entirely to this part of his history, I believe he will be toast. Many Americans, are not fully aware of the traitorous nature of what Kerry did in 1971. The Swift vets should stop running ads about whether Kerry was in Cambodia for Christmas, which is a tidbit of information that is not going to capture the attention of too many Americans, and concentrate their resources on what all Americans can easily relate to and that is when a person betrays their country and fellow comrades in arms. Chris Matthews and the rest of Kerry's media sychophants cannot smear MOH winners, POW's and other veterans groups when the undisputed truth is looking them in the eye. Questioning his awards has effectivley served the purpose of getting the truth out to the American people and creating doubt about his integrity. Let's move on to the next phase which is Kerry's VVAW activities. If we don't, this important part of the story risks being muddled and not covered as extensively as it needs to be.

I would recommend, however, that perhaps in a month or so as more contradictions and back pedaling can be found, that a press conference be called and an ad be run summarizing this. Right now, the main stream media is doing everything it can to discredit the Swift vets by telling the American people that all the Navy official records are on Kerry's side.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: actually ... Reply with quote

Actually ... Official Records (or actually the lack of them) support several of the Swift Boat assertions ... plus some "new" problems have come to light ...

1) Christmas in Cambodia (no records, or actually Official records showing Kerry 50+ miles away)

2) First PH (no casualty or after action reports)

3) Silver Star with combat V (Official record dd214 is wrong ...)

4) 4 Campaign Stars on DD215 (Navy spokesman says not earned)
THIS COULD BE FRAUD
Mattm
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I am around WWII - Vietnam Vets they get fumed especially when they recall or are shown Kerry's Iwo Jima renactment and his senate lies. A video of that and his senate picture along with his slander at that hearing would be the sound of dirt hitting the campaign coffin.

Are you an American or a Democrat?
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think older veterans (we are still young, right?) would go through the roof with an ad showing the Iwo Jima parody. However, to do so may be walking on a legal tightrope.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it is time to move on to the next phase. Even John McCain is saying today to go after Kerry’s actions after he returned from Viet Nam. If we proved all charges about John Kerry’s service in Viet Nam by the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth are 100% correct and Kerry admitted it tomorrow, he will still get forty-eight to fifty-one percent of the vote in November because he is not George Bush.

I get three reactions from people when I bring up John Kerry’s service in Viet Nam. One reaction from most military veterans and their families (the choir) is “I’m with you, let‘s get him.” Another reaction is dead silence with them looking at me like; Oh My God, I forgot he was one of those baby killers, lets change the subject quickly. It is time for us to leave. The worst reaction to deal with though is “Oh sure, Kerry may have exaggerated, but it took balls just to volunteer to go over there. I don’t know if I could have had the courage to do that in his place or in your place.” There are a lot of people in that third group that don’t know and don’t care what Kerry did while in Viet Nam. They say you were all heroes just for going to that horrible war, but we are going vote for Kerry to get us out of this current horrible Viet Nam going on in Iraq that George Bush got us into unfairly.

If we can get all of the veterans organizations along with the POWs and their wives including John McCain talking about his antiwar speeches in college before losing his deferment and going to Viet Nam and his actions and speeches after returning, we might be able to stop him. Isn’t stopping John Forbes Kerry from being the Commander-in-Chief the main goal? The secondary goal is stripping him of the bogus medals and setting the record straight.

If Joe Lieberman had been nominated instead of John Kerry, there would be a lot fewer people posting on this board today. It would still be important, just not as important. John Kerry as a Senator with his medals is a travisity. John Kerry as the President of the United States will be an enormous set back for freedom throughout the world.

I am not recommending letting up on his service record or forgetting it. Just focus more on what he did to those Swift Boat veterans and every other Viet Nam era veteran after he returned with those bogus medals. He not only left men behind, but lied about them and all of the other veterans for his own political benefit.

Some military people get medals they don’t deserve. It is what they do with them later that really matters. The really deserving ones don’t talk about their medals.
Jerry M
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Time to move to the next phase Reply with quote

Lima Charley,

Well said. I hope veterans groups, including the Swift boat vets and others, work together to get the irrefutable facts about Kerry the traitor out. It will be impossible for the Kerry campaign and their surrogates in the media to demonize such a broad coalition. They literally won't know what hit them.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the next ad, yet? Wink
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we follow McCain's advice and only attack Kerry's after Vietnam activities. We can still go after John's commie medal.
Kerry was awarded VN Commie medal "Hero of Communist Victory" in 1983 for the part he played in the anti-war movement that aided the VN cause. I'll bet he's got that medal hidden away and not on display with his US medals.
Check the link for more on Kerry's commie medal.
http://michnews.com/artman/publish/article_4232.shtml

I watched the ad. It is good and I liked it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: