SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This will make your blood boil!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: This will make your blood boil! Reply with quote

From the 3 Oct letters to the editor of the Dallas Morning News (Section H, page 2, right hand column):

Quote:
Kerry supported soldiers

To understand the issues in the presidential election, I visited the C-SPAN Web site and read the testimony of John Kerry before Congress concerning Vietnam. I intend to vote for John Kerry for a number of reasons. Reading his testimony made me more certain of my decision.

What I read was not an indictment of the men and women who served in Vietnam but a plea on the part of many Vietnam veterans. Mr. Kerry’s testimony was that of a man deeply committed to his fellow soldiers and who was asking that his government take responsibility for its actions and for the consequences of its actions.

I hope that anyone who has been swayed by arguments that Mr. Kerry was a turncoat will read his testimony.

After you have gotten over your initial reaction, please note the phrasing, 1st para. last two sentences. This looks suspiciously like the same phrasing that was in the letter provided by Terry McAuliffe after the debate, and if so, appears to be a first coordinated attempt at expunging Kerry's VVAW activities. I expect, therefore, that more of these letters will appear all over the country.

We need a good, solid, hard-hitting rebuttal that will put this kind of nonsense in its place. Get mad, and get even!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that should be easy enough for a vet.... pull some phrases out of the testimony and there you are.....

and note in the rebuttal that this person obviously was not a veteran and probably did not have any in his/her immediate family or circle of friends. Probably a liberal college student.

keep it short and to the point! and we should all be watching our papers for them.... I plan to call my paper company and have them deliver daily thru Nov 2 !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to barf !!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that should be easy enough for a vet.... pull some phrases out of the testimony and there you are.....

Sorry, it's not that easy. I just re-read the whole testimony, and could find no phrases that can be pulled out and quoted on their own that will rebuke the letter. Kerry was his usual glib self, testifying before an adoring committee of liberals.

The rebuke has to pull from other sources to demonstrate the damage done by his lying, distortions, and deceit.

My purpose was not to compose a rebuke, but to alert the members of what appears to be a new propaganda attack.
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kerry campaign will sink as low as they can and the liberal media is helping them. How about Kerry's new ad actually calling Bush a liar and b eing backed up by the NY Times. I am flabbergasted! I am also disgusted. I am also sad for our Country that this man want to run our Counbtry.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: This will make your blood boil! Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
From the 3 Oct letters to the editor of the Dallas Morning News (Section H, page 2, right hand column):

Quote:
Kerry supported soldiers

To understand the issues in the presidential election, I visited the C-SPAN Web site and read the testimony of John Kerry before Congress concerning Vietnam. I intend to vote for John Kerry for a number of reasons. Reading his testimony made me more certain of my decision.

What I read was not an indictment of the men and women who served in Vietnam but a plea on the part of many Vietnam veterans. Mr. Kerry’s testimony was that of a man deeply committed to his fellow soldiers and who was asking that his government take responsibility for its actions and for the consequences of its actions.

I hope that anyone who has been swayed by arguments that Mr. Kerry was a turncoat will read his testimony.

After you have gotten over your initial reaction, please note the phrasing, 1st para. last two sentences. This looks suspiciously like the same phrasing that was in the letter provided by Terry McAuliffe after the debate, and if so, appears to be a first coordinated attempt at expunging Kerry's VVAW activities. I expect, therefore, that more of these letters will appear all over the country.

We need a good, solid, hard-hitting rebuttal that will put this kind of nonsense in its place. Get mad, and get even!

I have seen this same article posted on a message board I participate in. The board is comprise of 'younger' folks 18 - 30 and was repeated to me in one of my discussions regarding the 1971 testimony.

I personally cannot stand Terry McAuliffe (that was the nice version) and have seen the e-mail (here) that he sent out prior to the debates (calling for dems to 'spam' e-mail & call media after the debates). He rallied his masses for the debates and I am wondering if this type of 'letter' wasn't also mass mailed and e-mailed.

I am absolutely convinced that there is little or nothing that the DNC will stop at to win this election. Two of my sons and their friends (who don't usually bother to vote) have been very much swayed by the whole vote for a change tour and the new 'politically correct' and popular anti-war stance. For some reason, they seem unwilling to listen to ANY reasonable 'argument' against Kerry.

Kimberly
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to our Wintersoldier Forum

Thanks for your input!
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Mock Trial of Kerry for Asian liabilities Reply with quote

If I as a citizen commit some reckless act that leads to a public catastrophe, I am liable.

I believe the SwiftVets should hold a Mock Trial holding Kerry accountable for the millions of Asians who perished after the Vietnam pullout he so aptly set the stage for.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: