SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hit Counts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Hit Counts? Reply with quote

Hi Swifties!

I've been reading the forum and I can see that there have been a thousands of members and over 30000 posts to this site. Way to go Swifties! I've made about 30 of those posts myself.

However, I'm VERY curious about your site's hit counts - I haven't seen any statistics about how many people come to your site but don't participate. To me, that's the best way to judge your impact on the media, Kerry's campaign, etc.

I'm sure it's a fantastic number that could be used to further your cause, it's much more impressive to discuss 500,000 hits as opposed to 30,000 posts. Poeple don't undertand that 30,000 posts in the few months (weeks?) you've been around is UFB, but they will understand hit counts.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get an idea by checking Alexa. Once you are there, you might find it interesting to type in JohnKerry.com in the box below the chart to see an interesting comparison.

Please be advised, however, that those statistics are compiled from data returned ONLY by those who use the "Alexa Toolbar" and I'm unsure as to what that total population is.

Also, before deciding to download and install the "Alexa Toolbar", please be sure to use due diligence by researching carefully any privacy issues that might apply, although I, personally, am unaware of any.
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Shoot Reply with quote

Unfortunately, that won't work for me - can't download software to this machine (not that I'm at work or anything...:>)

Also, not sure that Alexa stats would accurately reflect traffic on SBVT site? How does it work? Do pages on your site report hits to an Alexa site, or is it client driven? If client driven, it probably is not useful.

Thanks for any help you can provide, I'd like to brag on my blog (sanityanyone.blogspot.com) about how many hits Swifties have gotten and want to be accurate. I guess I could use posts/accounts if necessary...it's just that hits are much more dramatic.

Regards,
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of a few ways that record hits to a particular site but have no knowledge how this SBVFT site works. At my business site I have something called a Control Panel which records every hit to my site. A log is recorded that provides quite a lot of info about the people visiting, such as IP address, the path by which they arrived at my site, etc.

Another way is through a hit counter. There are many different counters available but the one I use at a different site gives even more info about my visitors than the Control Panel at my business site. It will even record what state the visitor is from.

Edited because I can't spell! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: