SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain: Grill Kerry on War Crimes Claim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: McCain: Grill Kerry on War Crimes Claim Reply with quote

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2004 3 p.m. EDT

McCain: Grill Kerry on War Crimes Claim

In his harshest comments to date about John Kerry, Sen. John McCain said Monday that the presidential candidate's claims that he committed atrocities during the Vietnam War is a "legimitate" area of concern that requires further explanation.

Asked if Kerry should be asked to provide details about his 1971 admission on "The Dick Cavett Show" that he commited atrocities that violated the Geneva and Hague Conventions, McCain told ABC network radio host Sean Hannity, "I think that that's legitimate. I do."

But McCain defended Kerry's controversial testimony to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee just three months before the Cavett broadcast, where he accused his brother soldiers of battlefield barbarity "reminiscent of Ghengis Khan."

"I don't agree with his statements and I said I didn't agree with those postwar [comments]," the Arizona Republican said. "But people have the right to disagree with their government. It was people's right to protest against the Vietnam War and that's one of the things we fight for."

The former POW said a 1973 article he wrote for U.S. News & World Report where he talked about being "bombarded" by his Hanoi Hilton jailers with statements from prominent anti-war activists was not a direct reference to Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony.
works4me
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry guys I just had a chance to watch Hannity and John MCain.
He said Kerry would make a great president. If he believes that something has affected his brain.
Vet or not.

Maybe it's being a senator too long.
I suspect that is it. They seem to protect each other. I saw the same in Trent Lott.

I have a bad feeling many people would die if Kerry gets in or he would set in motion something irrereversible until the damage is done, and I cannot have any sympathy for John M. at any level. Why is he considered an Oracle?
He reminds me of Kerry.
He wants to heal the wounds of the Vietnam on both sides.
So Sorry I don't see where those protestors suffered.

I don't want that, I want you guys to win.
Nothing Less..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: