SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are the Swift Vets giving Kerry an out?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJorgensen
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Are the Swift Vets giving Kerry an out? Reply with quote

I've read the open letter to Kerry. I also read the posts about the problems that this will cause when Kerry "claims" that he made an appology. Still he MUST admit to ALL THE LIES to fulfill the letter.

I would be VERY disappointed if the Swift Boat Veterans caved in. But HEY, THE GUY'S A FRICKEN BILLIONARE! He can do what ever he damn well wants to.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: no worries Reply with quote

Kerry has already rejected the letter ...

But now he's in a real trap ... The Swift Vets have offered to stop, but of course he will have to come clean. If he actually tries to respond he will VALIDATE the Swift Boat charges ...
7rrfs
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so. Not in the negative way you seem to present. Personally I think the man is going to be eventually humiliated in any event. Shamed. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow - but it will happen. History will be very unkind to him.

If Kerry were to agree to the 'terms' of the surrender then I would say, "Mission Accomplished."

And he's not a billionaire. His wife is. Anyone know what the pre-nup reads? Razz
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:

If Kerry were to agree to the 'terms' of the surrender then I would say, "Mission Accomplished."

Well, the 'Swifties' raised many questions. But a lot of other people also want the answers. Do you have them?

Here:

Was Kerry under heavy fire, or any enemy fire, when he pulled Rassman from the water? Were the boats under any fire, period, at any time, in the area of that fishing net?

What was Rassman's duty on 13 MAR? Was he an awards clerk for SF? And did he write Kerry's SS citation? Did he write others?

How did Rassman get a PH for 13 MAR? No one mentioned that he was injured prior to approaching the net? Did he get a PH for falling overboard? Where's the report on his injury?

Did Kerry flee the scene, traveling miles down river before returning? How many miles is 5000 meters? Does Kerry still insist he took fire from both banks the entire trip? and why did he come back through that, particularly if he fled what he thought was a firefight to begin with?

Did Kerry write the report, for that day? Did his report poison the judgments of command, up and down the line, who relied on his report?

Where's the report on Kerry's injury from 2 DEC? And was now ex-Admiral Schachte present, perhaps in the bow position? Is Zaldonis lying and was he even there? Is Runyon lying? What does Kerry say?

Was the 2nd PH self-inflicted, or did Kerry receive fire from shore, which also wounded another, that day?

Did Kerry order PCF's to beach on a 'peat' bank when hit by RPG fire? Did Belodeau leave the boat and take his M60? Was the 'tub gunner' unable to get a bead with the boat beached? Did he later open fire as the kid/VC ran further back into his view? Was the enemy still armed? Was the enemy alone? Was the enemy severely wounded? Did Kerry kill him execution-style behind a 'hootch', or in plain view? And so on. Was it something for which a man is given a Silver Star?

Was Kerry approached by Tom Wright and others when they heard of his third PH? And did they ask him to leave, to take advantage of a Navy reg allowing immediate reassignment for three wounds (presumeably because three serious wounds would be particularly disabling)? Did Kerry refuse their request? Having been against it, was he suddenly for it, the next day, and departed?

Did Kerry receive special privilege in being appointed an aide a few days after requesting reassignment? Did Kerry engage in activities proscribed by the UCMJ while under those orders?

When was Kerry detached from the service? Was he AWOL at any time upon his return?

How does Kerry explain having three separate citiations for his Silver Star, and two for his Bronze Star, spaced over the course of a decade or more? The man whose signature was used, John Lehman, cannot explain it himself.

And so on. That's not even getting to his VVAW antics, his medal-toss, his testimony which so enraged John O'Neill.

Then, of course, he was a . . US Senator?

That's just a few.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course he rejected the offer. The letter may, however, get reprinted in the New York Times (ha ha ha) and the rest of the world will see that SWFT actuallly expect something in response to their $2 million in ad buys.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: ...Giving Kerry an Out? Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:
...I think the man is going to be eventually humiliated in any event. Shamed.

Oh, I agree Flipper John will be humiliated. And shamed. Even if he wins, I've seen enough that passes for evidence that any jury in this country would convict him on several charges. However, I don't agree that he has an out. He might as well have been asked to lick the boots of every living POW and publicly beg the forgiveness of every Vietnam vet. His ego would kill him if Traysa didn't get to him first. This is a classy chess move of a pawn, closing in on checkmate. In any event, I heard his camp had already rejected the letter. However, remember I'm the one who said beware of premature bluster. He still has enormous coffers and half the country behind him.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Kerry's all set to attack the Swifts tomorrow, speaking to the American Legion.

This could get good.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: ...Giving Kerry an Out? Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
He still has enormous coffers and half the country behind him.

About a third of the country. That's the radical left. But he won't count it a great victory is that's all he carries - say 38% of the popular vote?
68RSVN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sevry"]
7rrfs wrote:

Was Kerry approached by Tom Wright and others when they heard of his third PH? And did they ask him to leave, to take advantage of a Navy reg allowing immediate reassignment for three wounds (presumeably because three serious wounds would be particularly disabling)? Did Kerry refuse their request? Having been against it, was he suddenly for it, the next day, and departed?
I find this portion of Kerry's Vietnam service fascinating. It almost sounds like Kerry was "black-balled" by his fellow officers. Is there any more to this story? Exclamation
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
And Kerry's all set to attack the Swifts tomorrow, speaking to the American Legion.

This could get good.
Any idea when Kerry's speech is tomorrow? I've hunted around but can't find any schedule.
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

68RSVN wrote:
I find this portion of Kerry's Vietnam service fascinating. It almost sounds like Kerry was "black-balled" by his fellow officers. Is there any more to this story? Exclamation

It's in Unfit for Command, pgs 92-93, and in a way his smart remark to Ted Peck on p. 94. There's also this from Wright's 4 AUG talk show interview by Kevin McCullough, WMCA 570 in New York:

Quote:
Wright: [After returning to base] I'd go talk to John Kerry. And I'd tell him that I was unhappy with his opening fire, or pulling out of a column when he wasn't supposed to, or failing to communicate when he needed to. And I would always get an excuse. I wouldn't get a direct answer. I'd get: I didn't hear that. Or, we thought we saw something. Or, my radio was on the other side of the boat; I didn't have time. It was always an excuse.

. . .

So after the third of fourth time that I had the problems with him, and I wasn't getting any response, any real acknowledgment, or any solutions, and he was the only boat that I had that problem with, I went to the division commander and told him about the problems I had been having and told him that he needed to take steps to correct it and move Kerry to a different unit or another assignment because he wasn't working in the group that we were in.

Mc: [Self-inflicted PH wounds:] . . . How did you guys, serving in the unit, feel knowing that he was getting these Purple Hearts . . .

Wright: I didn't know about the details of the first one, although I've got to comment that I think probably thirty percent of us all wounded ourselves with that 79 grenade. So it was a very common thing to happen. I wasn't on the second or the third mission. I've heard people talk about it. I think that the discussion about the rice blowing up, that you'll hear, is kind of amusing, and also probably true. . . . There have been some people who have reported that one of the injuries was actually the result of tossing a concussion grenade into a pile of rice and having some of the rice grains blown back into his backside. . . .

Mc: . . . You encouraged him to go ahead and take leave if you could . . .

Wright: . . . When he got his third Purple Heart, that evening - and again, we didn't particularly care what it was for but we knew that he had three - and that evening I and two other people went in and told him that we felt that he should go home. It was something that he could do. He told us that he didn't want to; that it was his intention to serve his country and serve all the people. And the next morning, he was gone. We were happy and didn't worry about it.

integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Kerry has an out....if he admits what he has done....the Swift Vets will stop....the Catch-22 is he would then be admitting actually why he is Unfit to Command.

If he does that...of course the Swift Vets would have cleared the names of all Veterans of Vietnam....their job would be done.
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
the Swift Vets would have cleared the names of all Veterans of Vietnam....their job would be done.

Gawd......I hope not.......not until Kerry is defeated...

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:

Then I certainly hope that he does not. It is the nature of humans to forget all too quickly. We still have a long way to go until the election and if the Swift Boat ads are stopped then Kerry may well regain some of the support he has lost due to your efforts. The "Mission" won't be "Accomplished" until Bush is re-elected.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7rrfs wrote:
I dont think so. Not in the negative way you seem to present. Personally I think the man is going to be eventually humiliated in any event. Shamed. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow - but it will happen. History will be very unkind to him.

And he's not a billionaire. His wife is. Anyone know what the pre-nup reads? Razz

There are two of us on this forum who agree.

What a scary thought! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: